Rescomp

Rescomp Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

High growth, great enviroment!

ProsGreat entry-level position with numerous opportunities to advance. The work scheduling is great, and there are different things to get involved with. Although most positions are technical, they train you and you can get relevant skills from working here. I'd suggest staying with the company and advancing with them.

ConsStudent job, customers/residents difficult to deal with at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore workshops and opportunities for non-CS majors.

Very good experience

Unix Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsVery flexible for a students schedule

ConsPay could be higher :)

Working at Rescomp means a rewarding job that has flexible hours, great pay, and wonderful coworkers.

Residential Computing Consultant (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsThe biggest advantage for a busy college student like me is having a lot of flexibility in choosing when to work. Also everyone who works here is trained in having good customer service which means lots of friendliness and good conversation when I'm in the office. Most of the time, sitting in at ASC office hours and manning Helpdesk shifts are not very busy so I can be productive doing other things while waiting around.

ConsSometimes the appointments that people ask to make with you can be spaced apart at awkward intervals, which isn't necessarily bad, just annoying. Also sometimes clients will have issues that are really specific to his/her situation or computer set-up, which means the hours I put into training at the beginning of the year gives way to Googling for solutions until I can help solve the issue.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience if you want a very laid-back introduction to industry

ProsVery laid-back work environment and supervisors are very easy to talk to

Consseems a bit unorganized at times

Awesome place to work

ProsWork with career staff, other fellow students, lots of control over what you do. Close to real world experience. very flexible hours

ConsGoals are sometimes not really set, better collaboration with other teams. sometimes a bit much of bureaucracy

Great place to work as a student!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsAmazing real-world, impactful work experience. Ability to learn new skills and friendly environment. Recruit excellent student talent to work on large-scale issues.

ConsMale dominated, though less so now. Hard to manage student schedules. The work feedback cycle is few and far between sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake student involvement and ideas to heart, but also provide guidance and leadership when necessary. Involve only key players in decisions to avoid stagnation.

Great place, highly tailored to your schedule

Residential Computing Consultant (Former Employee) UC Berkeley, CA

ProsVery Flexible, lots of opportunities to get hours, looks good on resume, great pay for a college job (14.25 at time of writing), you can work during summer

ConsPay is good for college, but bad compared to other similar jobs on campus, sometimes unit supervisors (other students) are mediocre

Advice to Senior ManagementRescomp is what you make of it; if you want to be very involved, you can, and if you just want to work, you can do that too -- I like that! Keep it that way. Fight the RIAA!

Great stepping stone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexibility, great people, good pay

Consdeal with bureaucracy and favoritism a bit

Worked for Rescomp? Contribute to the Community!