Research Now

www.researchnow.com

Research Now Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Research Now – Plano – “Research Now Office”

Research Now President & CEO Kurt Knapton

Kurt Knapton

Pros
  • Work from home options- usually with little resistance from management(in 5 reviews)

• Free drinks (bad for health though);(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You are expected to work evenings and weekends and you have absolutely no work-life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Extremely long hours, and constant stress(in 7 reviews)

Great Family Feeling

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPositive work environment- everyone is friendly, and there is a very team-work mentality.
    Shadowing opportunities- Learning new tasks is encouraged, and opportunities to do so are provided
    Opportunities to learn about the visions of upper management, where the company is headed, trends in the industry

ConsSome times things get a little slow

Advice to Senior ManagementI would have a more streamlined training process. I have enjoyed the classes, and the shadowing, however, I think the training labs should have more practice sessions for new hires.

Fast paced company

Operations (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsHigh energy work environment. Company is well positioned in a very competitive market. Casual when not customer facing. Many great people to work with. Company has many initiatives in place for future growth. Great place to cut your teeth on corporate consumer research. Several core technologies to work with. Open team environment.

ConsWorldwide 24/7 operations equal very long days and mandatory weekends. Office politics and over the top favoritism for day and night game play. Compensation is average. Easy to get buried in work. Be prepared to have your higher profile completes moved to a favorite (or you could be the favorite). Size of operation make it difficult to make any significant impact unless you're at the top of your game (not really a con but a difficult fact to know).

Political

Delivery Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsYoung corporate atmosphere with lots of happy hours.

ConsToo political and leadership is very disconnected from what goes on in the day to day.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve (or at least get input from) the people who actually do the work in decisions that affect them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, Research Now is a fun place to work.

Marketing (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat work-life balance with flex-hours promoted, global environment, gives back to the community and allow work hours to be spent volunteering, feel purpose in your work - giving people information that can help their businesses grow, constant events in the office - have 'Internal Communications' team dedicated to keeping employees happy (in a nutshell)

ConsPay is somewhat competitive, but could be better.

Genuinely fun place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsConsidering what the company actually does, it's surprising how genuinely fun it was to work there. Terrific company culture where you really feel like part of a team. Management feels transparent & open.

ConsHeavy "meeting culture," there are meetings about having meetings. Workload between team members can be uneven--I know some people who stayed late almost every day & some who left at 5 every day. Although management is transparent, they are also not particularly accessible. I had opportunities to get facetime with some higher-ups, but it felt like I was an exception.

This is very bad company to work

ProsGood for devils or people who play dirty politics and don't care about future prospect

ConsAny day they can fire you. Very bad environment. Please wait and find any job but not in this company. No respect for employee. Groups are formed in team. Some mad guys are running the show. I would prefer to unemployed rather working in this company. I can not give any ratings.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople do not work here because this is their dream job. They work because they need to support family and them self .Please think before hire and fire.

Great company with great people, but experiencing serious growing pains

Management (Current Employee) Plano, TX

Unreliable technology

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in technology updgrades

Sales

Sales (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsStill one of the top panels in the industry for B2B work in the US.

ConsWhile Research Now is still a market leader in some areas, they no longer provide a higher quality product/panel that is worth the premium price point in many instances. They consistently seem to let talented employees walk out the door, or even seem to force employees to leave on their own by making their situations unbearable or workload unmanageable. They seem to be out of touch with the needs and demands of their strongest asset, it's employees. They also make decisions that are very reactive in nature, versus proactively making changes to positively impact it's employees, clients, etc.

Advice to Senior Managementstop letting good people walk away from the company or at least fight to keep them.

Great people, not so great tools/management

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFree Drinks / Food trucks come on certain days
    Free Fruit on Mondays
    Casual laid back atmosphere
    Fun work/holiday events - bowling, top golf, etc.
    Young, fun coworkers
    Room for growth/career advancement within the company

ConsNeed properly trained management
    Unreliable systems/tools to perform job correctly/efficiently (in the midst of a transition to a new system expected to fully launch Fall 2014)
    Level of office politics/favoritism high
    Need reliable, well-thought out performance evaluation process
    High level of micro-managing
    Overtime hours expected & can be very stressful depending on team
    Becomes monotonous/repetitive
    High learning curve with numerous programs to learn

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better training for managers to learn proper managerial skills before leading a team and be better about communicating expectations to employees. Empower employees with training & knowledge rather than micro-managing/talking down to the newer employee.

Account Development Manager

Account Development Manager (Former Employee)

ProsRelatively flexible schedule, and they are trying to get better about making the work environment more fun, but it is still and will be a cube farm.

ConsUnrealistic expectations, declining pay due to bad technology investments, and pay structure changes EVERY year for 4+ years. I think they are out of touch with the marketplace, and are struggling to maintain the level of quality that got them to where they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementFair Pay, Pay all is one of our pillars of foundation that embody to our panelists, but the employees are now struggling as are the panelists with the mismanagement of the resources.

Worked for Research Now? Contribute to the Community!