Reserve National Insurance

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Orin Crossley

1. Best place I have ever worked!

Current Employee - Field Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Reserve National Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-great support from management -good leads -nice co-workers -freedom -excellent product selection -high commissions -fun atmosphere

Cons

-have to manage your own time -no "pre-set" appointments

Advice to Management

-shorten the trip contests; Hawaii, Boca Raton, Vancouver are all great places to win a trip to, just don't make the contest last 7 months.

2. Out dated products

I have been working at Reserve National Insurance

Pros

Flexibility and uncapped earning potential. Some leads are provided by the company as well. Meet different people every day.

Cons

Insurance products seem out of date and expensive to most customers. lots of travel and not enough leads to make great money

3. Salesman oriented!

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Reserve National Insurance full-time

Pros

The reserve national Insurance Company was an outstanding company for me! I was there from 1983 to 1999!! You are paid what you are worth, straight commission and renewals! A good salesman will do well with Reserve National!! A salesman that's afraid of commission is not a salesman! There is overnight travel and expenses, but the sales cover that! When your renewal builds up that you will sustain a big check every month!! I was treated really well by Reserve National!! I sold myself out of impoverishment!!

Cons

Out of town during week! Rural areas cheap motels!!

Advice to Management

Pass out lead's based on agent's production! A percentage of his total office production and give preference to closers!!

5. Great Insurance Products, Great Leads, Good Commissions.

Current Employee - Field Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Field Development Specialist

I have been working at Reserve National Insurance

Pros

I have been an agent with Reserve National now for over 3 years. I love the fact that with my manager I have 0 micromanaging. I work my own hours and produce when I want. Since I produce well, the leads just coming, and the huge amount of initial mailings they give you to get started for up to 6 months should get anyone who is working what they need to keep getting leads. The amount of agents that have been with the company for over 10 years is incredible. I was recently promoted to FDS. I have worked for only 2 companies at this point, and the one I would give 1 star.. I am thinking 5 here because I have agents working with me who used to be with different companies as well and they can't believe the opportunity. Warm Leads for free. good commissions, helpful people and a company with integrity are the Pros. Immediate residuals and vesting after 1 year. They have at least 2 products that I can sell to anyone.

Cons

They pay based on what you collect, which means you need to learn how to collect annual checks. Luckily they give discounts to the clients to make that easier, but it does take some training.

Advice to Management

Consider a slightly higher commission on non collected 1 year premiums.

6. Poor management structure and environment, but with excellent products and commission scales.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at Reserve National Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great commissions on their products. Products are strong policies comparative to other firms' products. Freedom to set your own pace/schedule. Leads are provided by the company based on your percentage of the office's total production. Great people to work with overall.

Cons

Regional offices have in/out groups, and if you're not in, you don't get leads. More specifically, management will tell you if you're not producing, you don't get leads. This is problematic because if you don't get leads, it's incredibly hard to produce, and once you reach this point, you're put in the "out" group and the only support you'll receive is offhanded remarks like, "make more phone calls" with the 3-5 year old leads they give out in substitution for newer leads. They give these newer leads to the top performers. This creates a very wide gap between the successful and not-so-successful agents.

Advice to Management

--Adhere to the company policy of giving out newly-received leads based on a percentage of production. If an agent produces 10% of the office production, he should get that percentage in new leads. --Stop insulting their intelligence by giving them prior respondents and labeling them "new leads", because if they're doing their job and calling them, they'll find out that they're not new anyway. --Be more supportive (and less cynical) of your agents that are honestly trying, but failing. Treat it like a business, not an MLM scheme with a "what is this person doing for me" mentality. --Create a more exciting atmosphere at weekly sales meetings. Simply meeting and going over the numbers produced, and asking agents what they're going to do the next week isn't motivational or helpful. Set up training for different policies at different meetings, in order to ensure no one is misrepresenting the policies. Call in local professionals that teach non-RN related skills that would assist with being a successful agent, such as organizational skills, time management, etc.

7. Great potential to earn big commissions! But at what cost?

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Reserve National Insurance

Pros

Leads are provided. A rated company. Numerous products to sell.

Cons

Time management. Lots of travel. It's hard yet fulfilling work.

Advice to Management

Look into how managers train their new agents. When I was trained, my manager told me to put the companies needs before the clients in all situations. Also, for accident plans my manager has told me on specific cases to ignore their dangerous occupation because it would result in more premium for the company. It's a great opportunity and I'm thrilled to be on board but I have already lost almost all respect and for sure all trust in my boss.

8. Great Company, products are not relevant to today's market.

Former Employee - Field Agent in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Field Agent in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Reserve National Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing support system, make your own schedule, leads are provided.

Cons

LOTS OF TRAVEL. Company doesn't seem to care about becoming more up to date with technology (Everything is still done by paper. EVERYTHING.)

Advice to Management

Need revamp some products, and rethink max benefits.

9. Good work experience nothing else

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Reserve National Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent insurance plan for families

Cons

Very low pay, Bad management who are not connected with employees and give orders that are not practical to workers, high turnover due to supervisors and manager mistreatment, poor morale due to a lack of financial incentives, employees are micromanaged, 99% of managers and supervisors are unqualified . IT dept employees treated the worst. No pay raises in the last 5 years even though the company belongs to Kemper corporation and has consistently posted profits for the same 5 year period.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, pay decent wages that keep people onboard, treat people valuably, do not micromanage or talk behind employees backs, we find out anyway. Train managers in how to handle and treat employees, people skills and leverage talent and do not give them a promotion just because they have been there 500 years or show lots of skin.

10. Great

Former Employee - Salesman in Casper, WY
    Former Employee - Salesman in Casper, WY

I worked at Reserve National Insurance full-time

Pros

Great lead program/ high comm.

Cons

traveling Away from home 4,5 days a week

If it sounds too good to be true... it IS

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Reserve National Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none. They will promise you the world and in the end, you will have less than

Cons

You know those get rich quick schemes that come on TV late at night. The ones that "guarantee" you will be able to go from rich to poor in 3 weeks. That's pretty much how I would describe the lies told by Reserve National, during the hiring process. They manipulate agents into believing they can make more money than they know what to do with: retire early and buy a private island. Do NOT be deceived by the manipulative tactics of the hiring team. Unfortunately, Reserve National's compensation statistics are only for the top 1%. There is ZERO base pay. Pay is solely commission based. As an agent, you will be responsible for ALL fuel spent driving hours a day to meet potential clients. You will only receive a check from Reserve IF you happen to actually sell a policy. A very difficult task do to underwriting policies and costs. Say you visit 12 people in a week and only 1 purchases a policy. You will only be compensated for that 1 client. The other client consultations were a waste of your gas money... and time. Please, have more self respect and do not work for Reserve National. It was an unnecessary learning experience for myself. Oh, and they do not offer any benefits. Not even health insurance for their own employees. #SCAM

Advice to Management

Offer a base salary and benefits to employees. They may actually stick around if you did.

RSS Feed </> Embed