Residential Finance

Residential Finance Reviews in Columbus, OH

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Residential Finance CEO Michael Isaacs

Michael Isaacs

Pros
  • I like coming to work every day(in 6 reviews)

• For the first time in my life I actually enjoy coming to work because I help people, I make good money, and I am treated well by everyone I work with(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There are not enough processors for the amount of loan officers that are employed and producing(in 8 reviews)

• Communication between departments could be better to achieve higher goals(in 4 reviews)

32 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Time well spent working on dynamic projects with creative people.

Marketing (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsFlexible hours, creative work space, good team environment.

ConsThe mortgage industry as a whole is always undergoing changes.

Terrible Co.

Loan Processor (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsMy co-workers were the only pros.

ConsMy supervisor was a tyrant, verbally abusive, threatening and just a terrible supervisor. Management ignored the complaints. Terrible company!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your processors with respect, quit making unrealistic goals so you don't have to pay commission checks. And stop the harassment and verbal abuse from management and supervisors!

RFC is a good place to work, just be ready to put in the work!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGood work environment, great training program and instructor. Loved working in a team environment .

ConsLack of communication, with lower level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an open policy between all employees. I had a great work experience, but was never really told about my performance until a certain manager had a problem with me. If i knew this, I would of made a better effort to improve my performance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run over here! Now over there!

Frontline (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsMany nice people, working hard. Was always interesting! Some managers were really sharp.

ConsManagement goes from one idea to the next with little care for seeing what sticks. Many employees are pay quite poorly. Benefits are expensive and not very good. Sick time was lacking. Sales seems like a boiler room.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to things, don't brag about sales team adventures to low paid over worked others.

Move on...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThe office furniture is nice

Cons1/2 of all the executives left. Rumors abound that the company is being acquired. This is not a place to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the guys in CA run it

Surprised it is still in business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsI was able to grow professionally as a developer while working there which made it very easy to find my next job. I had a great manager who did not micromanage and encouraged personal growth. I met some cool people and very capable developers.

ConsUpper management (CEO level) is not capable of thinking ahead. When business was good they spent money on cruises and expensive furniture instead of investing in the future. Once the rates started going up, they canceled 401K contributions, cut salaries, and laid off half of the company including the whole development team with a one hour notice. I am surprised the company is still in business.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun before the company goes bankrupt.

From Family Values to just valuing the dollar.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsUse to be a company that cared for it's employees and the job. Upper management just cares about upper management. Very deceptive in their motives and actions.

ConsPoor decisions and overspending has jeopardized this company and it's direction.

Collapsing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsIt was a decent work environment while it lasted. Marketing department is obviously effective.

ConsCompany is struggling to stay in business. There have been mass layoffs and bounced payroll checks. The payroll issues were blamed on fraud at first. Then they cut benefits and pay. Then they laid off my whole department. I don't know if I'm going to get paid for my last few weeks or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign

A great place to work

Loan Processor (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsRecognition for a job well done.
    Team atmosphere

ConsMicro-management in my department
    Salespeople are held on a pedastel yet coudl use the most work to help the other departmetns do their job better - they are not held to the same standards of quality

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at the emplyees in your department before defending them - they can do something wrong

A Wonderful Atmosphere and Place to Grow Professionally

Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsWorking with Residential Finance has been a dream. I have always felt that I have room to grow personally and professionally, and have been given the tools to do so. I enjoy my co-workers and being part of such enormous growth. I'm also very impressed by the amount of charitable giving and fund raising that takes place.

ConsThe cost of health insurance is far too expensive. It's unaffordable for many of the employees, especially those with families.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love all of the amazing things this company does for it's employees and community. At a time that the local and national economies have suffered and left people unable to find work, Residential Finance has put people back to work in an ever changing market. Keep up the FANTASTIC work! However, please work on getting healthcare costs down! It's hard on our families when we can't afford insurance and can't afford the uncertainty of not having it.

Worked for Residential Finance? Contribute to the Community!