Residential Finance Reviews

• Columbus, OH
3.7
Residential Finance CEO Michael Isaacs
Michael Isaacs

Time well spent working on dynamic projects with creative people.

Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, creative work space, good team environment.

Cons

The mortgage industry as a whole is always undergoing changes.

We Hit The Iceberg!

Former Employee - Sales- Direct Lending in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales- Direct Lending in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people were lots of fun, the company office was really nice and we made money. There were a lot of exciting cruises on big ships traveling to strange lands.

Cons

We hit an iceberg. Soon after that there was a year of total chaos. Pay plans were changing every 4-6 weeks for the worse, they couldn't pay paychecks on time. In some cases we waiting an extra week to get paid. People started jumping overboard every day. The atmosphere became so cold and toxic....so very cold.

One day I turned to the nice young loan officer named Jack in the cubical beside me and I said "Jack, Im so cold".

I will never forget what Jack responded to me. He put down his Starbucks tall, non-fat latte with caramel drizzle and looked me right in the eyes and said "You're going to get out of here, you're gonna go on and you're gonna make lots of babies, and you're gonna watch them grow. You're gonna die an old loan officer warm in his bed, not here, not this day. Not like this, do you understand me?

Not long after I quit, I got off that sinking ship. Looking back, it was Jack's kind words that saved me by giving me the courage to leave. After I left and heard the company went bankrupt, I wanted to find out what happened to Jack. I tried to locate him, but I never found anything on Jack... there's no record of him at all.

But now you know there was a loan officer named Jack Dawson and that he saved me... in every way that a person can be saved. I don't even have a picture of him. He exists now... only in my memory. Thank you Jack, and goodbye RFC. You will both be missed.

Avoid Icebergs in the future.

Disappointing Layoff

Former Employee - Accounting in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Accounting in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for until the mortgage industry took a huge hit. Lay offs became a weekly thing. Finally hit me two weeks before Christmas, and found out via coworker 6 weeks later they dissolved my position so there was no chance of getting called back to work though I was told the chances were great once business picked back up.

Cons

No severance pay and took 8 weeks to get unemployment due to name change not being handled correctly.

5. Terrible Co.

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were the only pros.

Cons

My supervisor was a tyrant, verbally abusive, threatening and just a terrible supervisor. Management ignored the complaints. Terrible company!

Treat your processors with respect, quit making unrealistic goals so you don't have to pay commission checks. And stop the harassment and verbal abuse from management and supervisors!

6. RFC is a good place to work, just be ready to put in the work!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, great training program and instructor. Loved working in a team environment .

Cons

Lack of communication, with lower level employees.

Keep an open policy between all employees. I had a great work experience, but was never really told about my performance until a certain manager had a problem with me. If i knew this, I would of made a better effort to improve my performance.

7. Run over here! Now over there!

Former Employee - Frontline in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Frontline in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many nice people, working hard. Was always interesting! Some managers were really sharp.

Cons

Management goes from one idea to the next with little care for seeing what sticks. Many employees are pay quite poorly. Benefits are expensive and not very good. Sick time was lacking. Sales seems like a boiler room.

Stick to things, don't brag about sales team adventures to low paid over worked others.

8. Move on...

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The office furniture is nice

Cons

1/2 of all the executives left. Rumors abound that the company is being acquired. This is not a place to grow.

Let the guys in CA run it

Surprised it is still in business

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was able to grow professionally as a developer while working there which made it very easy to find my next job. I had a great manager who did not micromanage and encouraged personal growth. I met some cool people and very capable developers.

Cons

Upper management (CEO level) is not capable of thinking ahead. When business was good they spent money on cruises and expensive furniture instead of investing in the future. Once the rates started going up, they canceled 401K contributions, cut salaries, and laid off half of the company including the whole development team with a one hour notice. I am surprised the company is still in business.

Run before the company goes bankrupt.

From Family Values to just valuing the dollar.

I worked at Residential Finance full-time

Pros

Use to be a company that cared for it's employees and the job. Upper management just cares about upper management. Very deceptive in their motives and actions.

Cons

Poor decisions and overspending has jeopardized this company and it's direction.

Collapsing

I worked at Residential Finance full-time

Pros

It was a decent work environment while it lasted. Marketing department is obviously effective.

Cons

Company is struggling to stay in business. There have been mass layoffs and bounced payroll checks. The payroll issues were blamed on fraud at first. Then they cut benefits and pay. Then they laid off my whole department. I don't know if I'm going to get paid for my last few weeks or not.

Resign