Residential Finance Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Residential Finance CEO Michael Isaacs
Michael Isaacs

Pros
  • I like coming to work every day (in 6 reviews)

• Good location at Easton for the corporate office and great people to work with (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The silence from the corner of the sales floor is deafening (in 3 reviews)

• Middle management is not communicating honestly (in 3 reviews)

We Hit The Iceberg!

Former Employee - Sales- Direct Lending in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales- Direct Lending in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people were lots of fun, the company office was really nice and we made money. There were a lot of exciting cruises on big ships traveling to strange lands.

Cons

We hit an iceberg. Soon after that there was a year of total chaos. Pay plans were changing every 4-6 weeks for the worse, they couldn't pay paychecks on time. In some cases we waiting an extra week to get paid. People started jumping overboard every day. The atmosphere became so cold and toxic....so very cold. One day I turned to the nice young loan officer named Jack in the cubical beside me and I said "Jack, Im so cold". I will never forget what Jack responded to me. He put down his Starbucks tall, non-fat latte with caramel drizzle and looked me right in the eyes and said "You're going to get out of here, you're gonna go on and you're gonna make lots of babies, and you're gonna watch them grow. You're gonna die an old loan officer warm in his bed, not here, not this day. Not like this, do you understand me? Not long after I quit, I got off that sinking ship. Looking back, it was Jack's kind words that saved me by giving me the courage to leave. After I left and heard the company went bankrupt, I wanted to find out what happened to Jack. I tried to locate him, but I never found anything on Jack... there's no record of him at all. But now you know there was a loan officer named Jack Dawson and that he saved me... in every way that a person can be saved. I don't even have a picture of him. He exists now... only in my memory. Thank you Jack, and goodbye RFC. You will both be missed.

Advice to Management

Avoid Icebergs in the future.

2. Terrible company

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely NONE! Horrible! Nothing Zip! Nadda! Crappy company, Crappy employer, Crappy employees, Crappy managers, I have nothing good to say about this company they were bought out by PMAC and if they had not been bought out they would have gone under! PMAC is no better everyone I knew there left or were fired!

Cons

Horrible employer, horrible managers! Stressed out employees! Horrible closing department! They are now PMAC and I have heard that they are just as bad if not worse the RFC!

Advice to Management

Quit!

3. loan officer

Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer

Pros

Great while it lasted, lots of leads, strong commissions

Cons

Filed Bk, and went out of business, doesn't exist any more.

Advice to Management

Don't recruiter a portion of the staff to go to another company and cost effective everybody there jobs!

Over priced and greedy company big wigs

Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building and lots of loan investors

Cons

Too many people making little to no income

Advice to Management

Share the wealth lower rates and focus on building clients for life not for 1 transaction

Disappointing Layoff

Former Employee - Accounting in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Accounting in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for until the mortgage industry took a huge hit. Lay offs became a weekly thing. Finally hit me two weeks before Christmas, and found out via coworker 6 weeks later they dissolved my position so there was no chance of getting called back to work though I was told the chances were great once business picked back up.

Cons

No severance pay and took 8 weeks to get unemployment due to name change not being handled correctly.

7. Terrible Co.

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were the only pros.

Cons

My supervisor was a tyrant, verbally abusive, threatening and just a terrible supervisor. Management ignored the complaints. Terrible company!

Advice to Management

Treat your processors with respect, quit making unrealistic goals so you don't have to pay commission checks. And stop the harassment and verbal abuse from management and supervisors!

8. RFC was great. Beware the new regime

Pros

Great coworkers, if you work hard you can make good money

Cons

Middle management is not communicating honestly. The silence from the corner of the sales floor is deafening.

Advice to Management

Go back to RFC ideals

9. RFC is a good place to work, just be ready to put in the work!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, great training program and instructor. Loved working in a team environment .

Cons

Lack of communication, with lower level employees.

Advice to Management

Keep an open policy between all employees. I had a great work experience, but was never really told about my performance until a certain manager had a problem with me. If i knew this, I would of made a better effort to improve my performance.

10. Run over here! Now over there!

Former Employee - Frontline in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Frontline in Columbus, OH

I worked at Residential Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many nice people, working hard. Was always interesting! Some managers were really sharp.

Cons

Management goes from one idea to the next with little care for seeing what sticks. Many employees are pay quite poorly. Benefits are expensive and not very good. Sick time was lacking. Sales seems like a boiler room.

Advice to Management

Stick to things, don't brag about sales team adventures to low paid over worked others.

11. HORRIBLE MGMT, horrible place to call "work"

I worked at Residential Finance full-time

Pros

Most of the employees were decent and nice. Can't say the same for most mgmt

Cons

Benefits are the worst, pay could be better! Mgmt is horrible! It's their way or the highway. No communication! They promise employees stuff they cannot provide more being to the table. It's a money game!

Advice to Management

Stop being so miserable and find a job you love doing so you cannot make other lives miserable as well. Stop making promises you cannot keep. Pay your employees better and provide better benefits/incentives!!

RSS Feed </> Embed