Resolution Media

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014
3.4

Alan Osetek

You get to work with big brands, but they aren't very sophisticated

Current Employee - Paid Search Supervisor, Advertising Solutions  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Paid Search Supervisor, Advertising Solutions in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Resolution Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The people are very easy to get along with. This is the only company I out of the four I have worked with where I can say that nobody is a jerk.
    - Tremendous opportunity for advancement. As of 2014 The company was growing at 20% per year. They review performance for promotions every 6 months and I was shocked by how many people got promotions.
    - You get to work with well known Fortune 500 brands.

Cons

- The clients are unsophisticated. Prior to this job I had always worked for online only websites. They tend to be very good at tracking performance and making decisions based on data. Big brands don't care about that sort of thing. They just dump money on stuff that sounds cool without caring about whether the advertising is effective or not.

If you like making up angles that sound good and making pretty powerpoint documents then brand advertising is for you and this place will be great. If you want to work in an environment where there are clear performance metrics and you are making measurable progress then you should find something else.

One note - salaries tend to be higher in companies where there is clear performance metrics. Pay in the brand advertising field is lower than in the direct response field.

Keep doing what you are doing. It is working very well.

good learning experience

I worked at Resolution Media full-time

Pros

smart people, good clients and interesting work.

Cons

teams not anywhere near adequately staffed. employees burn out quickly.

invest in your people.

Work on Big Company Clients, After Work Parties & Great When Single

Former Employee - Natural Search Supervisor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Natural Search Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at Resolution Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Get wined and dined by Google and other vendors; especially Google - even if you are SEO
    2. Can easily work from home. So if you live in NJ or the other boroughs or L.I. or Westchester, etc, and need to work from home, it's easy to do.
    3. Get to work on some big accounts, big Fortune 500 clients - and sometimes with variety of projects
    4. the after work parties that happen occasionally are nice - perfect when you are single in the city; tedious when you are happily married and want to go home on the dot
    5. 2 weeks off between xmas and new years on top of your vacation and floating holidays - plus many other holidays off including certain federal holidays

Cons

1. 5 years ago, NYC office had some great & smart entrepreneurial people - not so the case now
    2. Very political and favoritism based
    3. You dont advance unless you are sales
    4. Everything is sales - always about sales; new business pitches or upsells, always something
    5. Customer Success is a foreign concept
    6. Those focused on the work and customer success are left in the dust for promotion
    7. Past supervisor, expect to be nothing but sales - and hope you got good supervisors and strategists and coordinators who can DO the work and make the client(s) happy so that you can upsell or cross sell

you need an account director who is in charge of sales and your other directors should be in charge of project management and customer success. or else add a project manager or associate director. or make your ADs project managers. Either way, make sure you have a mid level exec in charge of customer/client success. that makes the sales easier.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Take the good w/the bad

Current Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Resolution Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good experience depending on specific team.

Cons

Upper management is uninvolved and hard to find.

Don't just say it, do it.

Great Place to Learn and Expand Knowledge

Former Employee - Advertising Strategist  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Advertising Strategist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Resolution Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with who are very knowledgeable. Great, laid back atmosphere helps with creativity. Started in the industry at Resolution, and learned so much that I took with me that will help me for the rest of my career.

Cons

Very slow HR. Takes months and months to get raises actually put in place after being told of the raise. Happened to many people in the Chicago office, because approvals have to go through OMG.

Stick up for your employees and get things moving when something has been promised.

Ok launching pad, but wouldn't stick around

Current Employee - Advertising Coordinator  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Advertising Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Resolution Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with
    Great work perks
    Meet great partners and vendors

Cons

Often long hours, and low pay compared to the work you do.

OMD relationship can sometimes be choppy.

Workload is very dependent on client.

Management is slow to promote even after they've agreed that you are ready for one. And you will have been doing higher level work months before you get the promotion.

Unfortunately, the bulk of the work will fall on you as a coordinator while your managers leave work early and generally don't do all that much.

Invest in your employees. Pay attention to what's happening. Stop hiring incompetent people and maybe the turnover rate won't be so high. Stop recycling clients throughout teams, there's way too much account knowledge lost.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Resolution Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great fast paced environment to learn and grow with company. Resolution Media has a strong outlook for growth in all regions.

Cons

Agencies can be "work hard, play hard" environments. There can be long days/late nights, but also lots of fun.

Initial

Former Employee - Director  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Resolution Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Work environment. Nice people.

Cons

Few similar background people. However seems getting better.

Good Agency to Learn At

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Resolution Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team was very supportive and there was a lot of learning. Great book of clients to get great experience on.

Cons

High turn-over rate. I had 7 managers in less than a year.

Don't churn the clients from team to team. A lot of knowledge is getting lost.

Introduction to Search Advertising SEM

Current Employee - Paid Search Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Paid Search Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Resolution Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Big name clients means that you get to do some things in search that smaller companies wouldnt be able to do. Chance to use many different tools and broaden understanding of industry.

Cons

Workload completely depends on your team - some have a lot going on, some not as much. Professional developement also depends on your team. Some entry level people are pushed into the fire whereas others are stuck on the sidelines

Worked for Resolution Media? Contribute to the Community!