Resolve Corporation

Lawrence Zimmering

Home Worker

Former Employee - Home Worker Data Entry  in  Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Home Worker Data Entry in Strongsville, OH

I worked at Resolve Corporation part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, flexability, perks of left over merchandise

Cons

There really are no cons for the position I held

keep up the good work

Business Development

Former Employee - Director Business Development  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at Resolve Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large Company
    Provider of a variety of marketing services
    Strong reputation

Cons

Too many facilities
    Too many generalists versus targeted specialists

Former Employee - Account Coordinator  in  Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Strongsville, OH

I worked at Resolve Corporation

Pros

Close to home was the only advantage.

Cons

No advancement for employees. Very bad back stabbing among employees. No communication

Employees laid-off should be first ones called back when there is an oprning.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Resolve Corporation

Pros

Resolve offers a decent benefits package, and most of the employees really care about what they do - and each other. Because of continuous downsizing, there's an opportunity to learn new skills and take on additional duties. Too bad they don't reward you for it.

Cons

Management has no strategic vision. Each month more jobs are cut, and it's not because we're not making money. We're not making enough money. It seems only few women advance to upper management. Pay is mediocre unless you're at the top. Management is rewarded for short-term thinking rather than long-term growth and true performance. Training is non-existent, on-the-job for a few days. Communication is poor, even managers are in the dark about the state of the organization. Unfortunately all of this leads to low morale. Everyone is scared of losing their jobs.

Think long-term rather than cutting jobs each month to make our current financials look better. The employees are drowning, clients are complaining, and morale is bad.

Resolve Corporation - Potential Frittered Away.

Former Employee - Director Business Development  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at Resolve Corporation

Pros

National U.S. territory including Canada. Good starting salary for sales person. Great facility footprint to sell for in the US and Canada. My boss was great, but ... see below.

Cons

Poor management. No investment in supply chain operations for years. Lack of robust infrastructure limits sales versus competition. Poor pricing practices - high bids on RFP's then "magically" the prices are lowered 30% when prospects object compared to competitors initial pricing - makes you look silly. No capability to manage medium and larger e-commerce fulfillment and distribution with the current warehouse management system. Their comfort zone is currently handling warehouse and distribution for legacy promotions, POP/POS displays, literature to dealers etc etc - all things that are being superseded by new technologies and heavily cut back by customers as cost reductions.

There is no marketing of the company other than their website. When you cold call at the Marketing VP level or higher, no one has ever heard of the company! Its an up hill battle all the way. The head of the supply division is a CPA - literally! Lots of bean counting, no investment even though the money was their from corporate to upgrade systems. Leading to lack of being able to compete effectively against more modern organizations (on price and on services.) No vision.

They also have a poor commissions comp plan (good for the company). I had to invoice 10% base salary each year before I saw a penny of commission. Given that decisions by prospects (rfp through decision then startup) could take 6 - 12 months (in a couple cases 15 months), the odds were heavily in favor of the company not paying out commissions. In the economy of the last 24 months, I came close each year only to fall short. Never did see a penny of commission with over $2 million in sales! Additionally, there was about another 500K-$1M in the process of contract negotiation when they downsized me (and 4 others.)

Get an operations guy running the supply chain division. Someone with vision and that knows what is needed to compete.

Invest in automation and warehouse management systems! You cant compete today with a home grown cobbled together system.

Fix pricing. One person pricing all new opportunities makes for late responses.

Understand your internal costs! Pricing for similar projects is all over the place with no consistency.

Start marketing the company.

Integrate with your large call center presence.

Not bad, not great

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative

I worked at Resolve Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consistent hours, set schedule, mostly friendly coworkers

Cons

bad pay, mediocre management, little opportunity for growth

Recognize your employees' contributions in more meaningful ways.

Was an okay place to work

I worked at Resolve Corporation full-time

Pros

Nice people enjoyed working with my team

Cons

Shift work was hard to work overnight

Be open to suggestions

Resolve Run by Hacks and an incompetent, absent CEO

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Resolve Corporation

Pros

Great business with great, dedicted and loyal people. The ability of the staff to implement programs and be responsive to clients is exception and part of their long-standing DNA.

Cons

Management led by Lawrence Zimmering lacked sincerity and focussed only only personal enrichment. The clearing of execs was long-past due and thew Board failed to act reponsibly.

with new owners at Davis & Henderson, the organization can reclaim it's former reputation

Beware of companies that have an urge to acquire more companies.

I worked at Resolve Corporation

Pros

Diversified service offering.
    Had acquired a number of long term, stable companies that were amalgamated to form Resolve. Excellent industry knowledge base utilized from most of these companies.

Cons

Acquired too much, didn't have a consistent focus. Top heavy management. Income Trust - no other words required.
    Too many business models for the various groups, no best practices shared between them.

It's too late now as the company has been acquired, but in retrospect splitting the company into two and then selling both within a few months of each other resulted in poorly planned transition and job losses that may have been preventable.

Customer Service Representative with Resolve Corporation

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Resolve Corporation

Pros

Better pay than other entry-level jobs (i.e. retail, food service).

Cons

Little opportunity for career development or advancement. Incompetent management.

Work to develop better supervisory/management skills among senior employees.

Worked for Resolve Corporation? Contribute to the Community!