Resonate Insights Reviews

Reset
4.2
Bryan Gernert

1. UX Designer

Pros

great culture, awesome team, incredible product

Cons

besides some management mishaps, not many

2. HR is very active on glassdoor, just saying

I have been working at Resonate Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some smart and lovely people

Cons

HR folks are definitely employees & have the right to review like everyone. Just use your deductive reasoning reading reviews

Advice to Management

Investigate rash of revolving door departure of employees. Don't be complacent.

3. Great Opportunity, Needs Concise Vision

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Resonate Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales Management is Great; I've never had a better manager. True leadership gives sales team perfect freedom and structure balance. Resonate has a SOLID product offering- once agencies and brands discover us- they can't get enough. Room for Growth-- Executive management is accessible and cares about what you need as an employee

Cons

As with any start up, struggling to find clear focus on what our edge is in a very crowded space. Need to focus on our differentiating factor and define a clear voice as to what we do. Need better marketing to spread the good word about Resonate's solid products.

Advice to Management

Listen to current employees- we know what is happening in the field and we can provide a lot of constructive feedback that will help the company grow faster.

5. Overall positive experiene with a group of dedicated employees.

Pros

Strong teamwork with a dedicated group of employees

Cons

Cons are few and far between

Advice to Management

NA

6. Great place for an intern

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

They have great company culture. Everyone is very friendly and so excited to help the interns learn more about digital ad sales. Their system for psychographic consumer targeting is unparalleled.

Cons

The office was crowded, but they have since moved to a better space. The sales team are really on their own time and can be out of the office for days. There wasn't much help for lead generation.

Advice to Management

Keep on track it's no question why Forbes named resonate a most promising company. Management should be more involved with sales and train them more.

7. Company has potential!

I have been working at Resonate Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are growing fast and constantly adding resources. Dev teams seem to be happy although i don't know this first hand. The head of Product Development Scott Blacker is pushing through new products but inspires a lot of confidence and vision. CEO Bryan Gernart is very good as well. They are really well known in the politics and advocacy space.

Cons

The brand side of the business is new and has not yet matured. The sales cycles can be very long. There is a new marketing marketing team but the media/agencies/advertisers are still largely unaware of Resonate as of now. It is a very crowded marketplace so it is difficult to be heard (outside of the Beltway)

A company full of "A" Players

I have been working at Resonate Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Every group/division within the company is extremely competent and good at what they do. - Some of the brightest and most intelligent folks I've ever worked alongside. - From a technical perspective, they bleed cutting-edge. - Everyone cares and is passionate about what they do. Willing to go the extra mile to put out a quality product. - Personable and interactive group of employees which fosters cohesiveness. - Cool company perks & initiatives - group outings (aka Mystery Events), yoga instructor onsite, biggest loser comp's, nerf guns for everyone, and business casual at best - no need for a suit or sunday's best. - Executives, Directors, Upper Management are an arm-reach away and always willing to hear you out.

Cons

- Since it's a startup, can't pay/comp folks like the big-boys. - Challenging at times, set the bar high. - Not at 9 to 5 gig, will need to invest more than 40 hr work week. - Apparently it's easier to get accepted into Harvard than into Resonate.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your internal employees and team. Do your best to challenge and motivate them, but also reward when going the extra mile.

Great place to work, with a technical edge

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at Resonate Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here has been a refreshing experience in the IT/Software Engineering field. You won't find very many places in the DC area like this. - The organization is, for the most part, metrics driven. There is an emphasis on results, and not so much on tenure/title. - Everyone practices due diligence, and the quality of work is exceptional. - Very transparent. Honesty is valued here. - Modern technology stack. Resonate's use of "Big Data" was real, it wasn't just marketing hype as with most places. - Meetings were short and sweet. - First software development organization I've worked for that implements Agile properly. There was an emphasis on testing and writing good code. - For the most part, people got along. When there were arguments, they were typically to settle on technical decisions. - They'll equip you with what you need. The IT service was exceptional. - Casual work environment

Cons

The pay was OK for the DC area. There are plenty of government contractors in the area with deep pockets and more money could typically be made there (especially if you can get clearance).

Advice to Management

- Don't grow too fast. - Invest wisely.

Really been a great experience so far...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Resonate Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great people to work with. Some of the brightest, most innovative minds in the industry. -Senior management is excellent. They really care about the people who work for them and are easily approachable. First time in my career where I've taken an issue to an executive and have actually seen positive results. -Fun environment and everyone gets along well.

Cons

-Still a young company, so some growing pains are being felt. On the plus side, the management is aware of this and fosters ideas for improvements throughout the organization.

Advice to Management

Because of it being such a small company, there are opportunities for really nurturing creativity no matter what job the employee originally took. If you see a star, don't let it fade into obscurity. Now is the time to see the best in the people and make sure they are in the right jobs to move the company forward.

The most exceptional place I've ever worked!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Resonate Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Fantastic culture!!! An environment that really encourages creativity, new ideas, thinking outside the box, teamwork, and a work hard/play hard mentality -The communication within the company is open and free (no political corporate red tape) -The sense of competition and drive to give superior internal and external customer service is felt throughout the company. Employee input is valued and considered. -Open and honest upper management, easily approachable and willing to listen -Exciting company-wide events for employees to establish teamwork and company cohesiveness (White Water Rafting, Amazing Race, Bowling, Zip Lining, Charity/Volunteer opportunities, etc) -Promotes healthy lifestyles with "Stinky Wednesday", in office Yoga, Basketball, Run Club, Biggest Loser Competition, etc. -Employees feel valued...with the "Resonate token program" coworkers can show their appreciation for their coworker's efforts each quarter -I personally instantly felt a part of the "team" and a part of the company within the first week -Recruitment, Interview and HR processes were smooth and efficient; best I've experienced in my career -Growth and career advancement available due to rapid growth of company and ever changing needs -Exciting, fast paced environment -Everyone genuinely CARES about you and wants you to succeed -Smart, caring, hard-working, fantastic people who have good morals and values -Awesome benefits -Nice office space, great location in Reston, VA

Cons

I have no negative comments about my company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing & keep the culture alive.

RSS Feed </> Embed