Resort World Casino New York City

Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay

Financial Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Financial Customer Service Representative  in  Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Customer Service Representative in Jamaica, NY

Pros

Coworkers, Compensation and Benefits, Unionized

Cons

Poor Management, Environment, Low morale,

it was night mare

Former Employee - Resorts World Casino New York  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Resorts World Casino New York in New York, NY

Pros

too much work for ever

Cons

no respect, incrimination, illberality, undemocratice and fast fingered

chenf peng

Worst Place to have ever worked

Former Employee - Parking Lot Technician  in  Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Parking Lot Technician in Jamaica, NY

Pros

The only good thing that I can say about this place is that it is close to home and even for those that don't live so close to the place they offer many transportation opportunities.

Cons

This is a company that doesn't allow much growth of its employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An eye opening experience of management cruelty and greed.

Current Employee - Slot Ambassador  in  Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Slot Ambassador in Jamaica, NY

Pros

Close to home I drive.

Cons

If you can imagine it, it's at resorts world.

Quit! And find spirituality!

most office gossip and politics

Current Employee - Host  in  Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Host in Jamaica, NY

Pros

can be exciting and something different or crazy happening all the time. can learn more than other casinos.

Cons

many underqualified managers that got the job on who they know and not what they know. unfair treatment to their staff that do the job better than them because they're scared of higher ups seeing that they're not qualified. I hear HR covers up for some managers they like.

give some lower level people a chance to shine. look at the managers complaint files.

It was an interesting exposure to the casino world and their procedures.

Current Employee - PC Tech  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - PC Tech in New York, NY

Pros

It was great to have access and the opportunity to work with the different type of hardware and the people make the job worth while.

Cons

Because of the nature of the business it involved too much red take to get anything done, and for a NY based job the pay was pretty bad.

The employees are the face and backbone of the company, if they are treated right and are happy you can get 110% output from them.

Good pay but very bad schedule for people who attend school

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Attendant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Attendant in New York, NY

Pros

High pay, training provided (And get paid while being trained), cheap cafeteria lunch, no worries about transportation as the train is there, sometimes tips is given.

Cons

Rude customers, never get off work on time, some lazy coworkers, non-stop working pace, very ugly uniform, too tiring for schooling people

Managers should start firing lazy workers

Just do what your told. Complete blind obedience and loyalty is required.

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Supervisor
    Former Employee - Customer Relationship Supervisor

Pros

It's close to where I live, short commute. It's tolerable if your a supervisor or manager. The 6th floor of the parking garage is reserved for supervisor & Mgm. The in-house employee cafeteria is good buffet style food. Learned some introduction Chinese. Fun environment at first. Looks good on my résumé. Very lucky I got unemployment. I got a promotion only because there was only one other person applying for it and he was not qualified. Win by default deal.

Cons

My personal cell phone became my work phone and they didn't pay percentage or offer me proper work phone. Purchasing dept does a bidding process with venders, always goes to cheapest vender. Very bureaucratic environment, must seek approval for everything and push papers. HR will come down hard on employees and slap on the wrist for managers. The Union is expected to come for the past year, don't hold your breath. RW only cares about the bottom line and not about you, your views, or your excuses. It's a money sucking computerized machine bringing down the local economy of NYC. RW already made its money back the first year. Favor the Chinese work ethic (work till you die) and hiring more Chinese. I started smoking cigarettes and became very on edge working there. They are excellent at pointing fingers and saying "not my fault". They gave me an assistant to help me with the workload and then decided to take it away. Slowly took more work away from me until I had none (bad sign). Salary is beans compared to what New Yorkers should get paid, can't keep up with quality of life, forget about rent money. The employee handbook is a joke only used to cover the a** of the managers. No such thing as values or moral compass.

Treat employees better because happy employees lead to happy guest. We all know how that's going.

Worked for Resort World Casino New York City? Contribute to the Community!