Resource Action Programs

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Joseph Thrasher

A great place to work!!!

I have been working at Resource Action Programs full-time

Pros

I just have to say that breakfast Friday is amazing! Every Friday breakfast is brought in and with the work week being Monday through Friday it's wonderful to have this at the end. The group of people working at RAP are wonderful, all true-blue people that want to make a difference. It has been great working with colleagues that are so thoughtful and caring for the environment and each other. I've learned a lot in working here which has been incredible, and through this I've been able to reduce my energy bill a great deal. It's a great place to work hard, because people will notice and appreciate what you have to contribute.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about RAP. The negative side about any business are negative people, but those can be found anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I like being part of a business that shares what's going on with all employees and departments, it really has helped create a team feeling. Thank you for having the weekly meetings.

2. review

Pros

excellent methods of teaching future generations on conservation and how to impact our environment postively

Cons

limited programs in the efficiency market

3. Run Away! Do not work for this company.

Former Employee - Program Coordinator
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator

I worked at Resource Action Programs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get Friday Breakfast and a casual dress option.

Cons

This is a company who favors you in who you "hang out" with, drink with, party with and befriend. If your consider the "IN" crowd you can make any mistake, ask for any time off and not do your job with no consequence. This creates a hostile work environment for people who pride themselves on being a good employee.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and recognize who actually works.

Honest, positive, hard-working group of people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Resource Action Programs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We all work together to produce an excellent product to educate students and create an energy-efficient awareness. Each member of the team is valued. At weekly meetings, we are able to see how individual members contribute to the success of the whole. We are a proud group! Management is generous and considerate; the lines of communication are always open. Mr. Thrasher, in particular, is patient and level-headed. When mistakes occur, he addresses the employees involved, and considers the "event" a learning experience. All employees work hard for him because he is fair, dedicated, and has a great sense of humor.

Cons

Time crunches arise, sometimes at the last minute.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Resource Action Programs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working here has been a great experience. I have learned a lot from my time here. I have been able to advance within the company. Management has constructive criticism to help me be better at my job. Communication within departments has become much better. The work environment is serious when necessary and fun at times as well. I feel company goals are realistic.

Cons

The long hours can be hard at times however they are necessary. I don't have much to say that is bad or negative about the company because I feel that I have been treated well and have not had any negative experiences.

Advice to Management

The better you get to know your employees the more comfortable they feel. I think that leads to employees wanting to work harder and do a better job because they feel like they are appreciated for their hard work.

7. Excellent growing company, great pride in service, 100% customer satisfaction!

Pros

Fast paced environment, great place to learn, skilled staff, team players in every department.

Cons

not much time to sit and relax, must be willing to work hard, no place for slouchers and slackers

Advice to Management

Keep pace with an every changing competitive business environment! Be willing to get aggressive when necessary to crush competitors.

8. RAP has a great mission: educate kids and families on how to conserve energy and water

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I worked at Resource Action Programs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Resource Action Programs has a challenging and demanding work environment. A lot is expected of its employees, and with good reason. RAP's mission is to education kids and families about energy and water conservation. How great is that? Also, every Monday, RAP leaders held a company-wide meeting to inform employees about current and future initiatives. This reduced rumors and ensured everyone understood company policy and direction.

Cons

The company is located in eastern Sparks, and westbound traffic to Reno is heavy. This isn't RAP's fault, but it's the only con I remembered having.

Advice to Management

RAP does programs in Nevada, but it would be great if these were expanded in size and scope.

9. This was the worst company I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I worked at Resource Action Programs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their concept of the product is good. The company could grow and be successful if they would make some intelligent decisions.

Cons

It's all about the money coming in and quotas to be met. No employee development and horrible communications keep everyone working in chaos. Management says they want to listen to employees and work smarter, but that is only lip service. If you keep your head down and do as you are told, can deal with micro management at its' worst, then you might be able to keep a job. It's more about who you know in the company then how you do your job.

Advice to Management

Learn from your mistakes instead of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Hire qualified people and then let them do the job they were hired for. One person can't know or do it all.

10. Do not work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I worked at Resource Action Programs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have no positive things to state about this company.

Cons

Slave Driver Mentality from management. Little to no communication from Management to lower level workers. Rampant office politics and gossip circles. Benefits are the most expensive I've ever had and provided the lowest level of coverages

Good, challenging work place - simple as that.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Pros

It's good to work for a company where they expect a lot, push you to grow, and constantly challenge you. For me, one of the most motivating factors is seeing how hard my boss works and how much effort he puts in. The company does little things to help make it a positive work place, such as breakfast on Fridays, lunches at the end of busy months, and random events. Overall, it is a great place to work and grow.

Cons

Honestly, the biggest downside is negative people on sites like this. The only way I can think to explain it is through a food analogy. When you have a good dinner somewhere, you just enjoy it and move on. Whereas, if you have a horrid experience, you tell everyone and then you tell their sisters. You make sure everyone knows. I think that's what is happening here. Obviously not everyone will fit in the working environment, and so there are bound to be people who are disgruntled. Those people who are happy and who voted Resource Action Programs a finalist for the best places to work are clearly doing well.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: get to know people. Make sure you listen to and acknowledge the people in the company. Everyone has a value to the work flow of the company and everyone has ideas and something to contribute.

RSS Feed </> Embed