Resource Corporation

Resource Corporation Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Tucker

if you can keep looking , don't work for them.

Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosthe only good thing I could say about the company is that I met some really cool coworkers.

Consdon't waste your time working for them, they will tell that they will promote within six months which is not true, I didn't get a raise in the two years I worked for them and the benefits are horrible , they lied to me and told me that they had to let me go because my position was being eliminated which I found that it wasn't true , I had no idea I was being let go and they told me that I had to sing a non compete agreement and the Friday after I did I was fired with no notice and no severance pay and they knew I couldn't collect unemployment because I had a weekend job. so if you can my advice to you is keep looking.

Advice to Senior Managementwork on your work ethics because they leave a lot to be desired

Don't expect a raise EVER! dispite mangement promises

Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGet to help people, fast paced, never the same type of case always something new.

ConsBeen promised a raise but that has NEVER happened. Communication from management is horrible. In the Corporate Office in the Seattle area they have hired the sisters of the VP of the NW Region, so don't ever talk about how they do pretty much do nothing or you could be losing your job instead.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees concerns and complaints and at least give a cost of living raise you may see less of turn over of your employees. Do some kind of match to the 401K plan.

Poor Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPositive impact, change clients lives

ConsPoor training, very limited upward mobility, poor management practices

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small company with money on the brain and little ethics

Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSomewhat competitive pay. Fast paced and exciting. Flexible when you need time off.

ConsManagement is only fair if you act in a "sorority" type fashion. Management likes to gossip about all employees even if they are "friends". Benefits are terrible. Medical hardly covers anything and the 401k is a complete joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn ethics. Just because everyone that is management is related to one another does not mean you can treat patients and their families like they do. Sweeping them and their files under the table because its just too much work is ridiculous. If only the hospital knew of your horrible standard for work ethics.

Poor training and sub-par work environment

Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe management tried to be supportive, but they were often too busy to give all the support that was needed at times. It is a fast paced work environment and gives good insight into the healthcare industry.

ConsThe training was poor and did not prepare employees for the variety of work situations with patients. Employees were often put in situations that they were not prepared for. The 'rules and regulations' were continually changing but employees were seldom made aware of the changes. The benefits and salary were low and the 'politics' in management were unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven in a small company the politics were apparent and management needs to be equal in their treatment of employees (ie, favoritism seems rampant). Managements needs to improve employee communication and training.

Better to keep looking.

Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsA full-time job with benefits. There are not a lot of reasons to recommend this employer except it is a temporary paycheck while you find something else.

ConsPoor Organizational management. Very poor workplace morale in the workforce. The new-hire training process was very disorganized. They make employees work overtime for a flat "bonus" instead of time and a half as the law dictates. All these plus much more, make for a high turnover and low employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your workplace practices. Implement a consistent training process. Allow two-way communication (in other words actually LISTEN to your employees concerns) Make the employees feel that they are your MOST important assets and not the other way around.

I was able to move up very quickly but with non-competitive salary and sub-par benefits.

ProsIt's easy to climb the ladder in this company. They're a third party eligibility company contracting with hospitals to recover their self-pay dollars. This is a fast-growing field; therefore, this assures quick upward mobility in the company as they're always looking for leadership as they gain contracts. This is especially great if you're a fresh graduate from college.

ConsDespite the rapid growth of the company, and despite it having over 200 employees, the salary is definitely non-competitive, especially in light of the immense amount of work that they require of you (long hours, extensive travel). Their benefits aren't that great, either: only 6 paid holidays, crummy health insurance, and they don't contribute anything to the 401K.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt shouldn't be a battle to make the pay competitive even within the company: it doesn't make sense to have stellar, newer employees make less than mediocre employees who've simply put in more years. Reward the work and retain the good ones! And please contribute something to the 401K!! The health insurance can definitely be better. There needs to be an entirely separate and objective HR department with more employees to handle the company's needs.

An unethical company could not get worse and this could become your worst nightmare

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou work for a company that is based of many hospital sites and you may experience different facilities. When things were still good you were not micro-managed but currently this is not the case. You get experience on many sides of the hospital business and you get a paycheck.

ConsChange is good but not when they change company policy every 3 months or make important changes but only discuss it with a quarter of the staff and pop the surprise to everyone else weeks later. Forget getting a raise unless you are considered a favorite. Be careful this company is very deceitful.

Advice to Senior ManagementSay no to nepotism! Maybe you should learn to be less obvious when making major decisions unethically because you can cause the company a law suit.

Worked for Resource Corporation? Contribute to the Community!