Resource Solutions

Updated August 22, 2014
Updated August 22, 2014
3.4

Oliver Harris

A first class organisation with a vision that is clear and holds employees' development at it's core.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are without exception all high quality and this has an inspiring and motivational affect. Leadership of the business is strong both in terms of growing the organisation (which breeds opportunity) but also in embracing an employee focussed agenda. The working environment is fantastic and Head Office is a fun place to be around. Our approach to achieving and maintaining true partnerships with our clients is exactly what is needed, but also so often lacking, in this industry. Pay and benefits are both good as is work life balance and the flexibility offered by the organisation. A great organisation that genuinely makes you proud to be an employee and part of the 500+ strong team.

Cons

Prefer not to split hairs or quote areas of improvement that are typical across all businesses! Perhaps a greater attention of developing the business outside of London but this is an case of growing the company rather than a criticism.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Inflexible, Long Hours, Unsupportive Management

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I must say although generally dissatisfied at my base client site where my confidence was chipped away by unsupportive and "blame cultured" management, I had the opportunity to work for another client site which I really enjoyed due to a highly supportive and encouraging manager. I had the opportunity to manage my own workload and projects and I felt my confidence had been restored.

Cons

Although an RPO, some managers are too agency focused and foster an unprofessional environment. Working hours are really long 8.30 to 6 and yet we are expected to attend (with no option of not attending) after work events in London. No flexibility in remote working or flexible hours. Benefits are practically non-existent. High turnover of staff. In terms of progression it's one rule for one and another rule for others.

Move away from an agency culture, it will do you no favours when liaising with clients. Consider improvements in work life balance to retain staff. The pressure to attend work events outside of working hours is highly inconvenient for staff with children and family commitments.

A great opportunity to join a leading organisation in its' field

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Such a positive environment and Senior Management who really lead! The quality and depth of experience across the business and how much part of the team that I feel. There is a real drive and passion for what we do across all departments both in the field and the back office. I feel treated like a professional and given the responsibiliity to get on with my job, but I know there's a fantastic support network in place if I need it, starting from my Manager and beyond. No unnecessary 'micro management' and the opportunity for me to grow and develop. Good recognition of effort and a range of perks that make working at RS a complete pleasure. The best move I made for my career.

Cons

No major cons, only small points that are no real issues. A few practicalities around remote working, but nothing that really impacts my role.

Keep doing what you do! Share your knowledge and experience and continue to provide opportunities for employees to grow and build on their careers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

disappointing

Current Employee - Administrator  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Administrator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Resource Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

the people there are quite good fun

Cons

long hours, high level of workload, limited support, sometimes tough to make it through the day with a smile

Good Company - great colleagues

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Resource Solutions full-time

Pros

Great colleagues - strong workforce
    Good progression opportunities
    Good client base
    Varied work

Cons

Lazy management team (although this has now changed)
    Part of Robert Walters - continuous pressure from the RW recruitment business to engage

Good company but they need to engage with thier staff more.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Resource Solutions

Pros

Great client list with varying RPO models throughout which present interesting and challenging opportunities. S

Cons

Geographically restricted to central London mostly and heavily focused within Financial Services industry. Senior management need to engage more with their staff.

Develope your internal comms plan and engagement strategy.

A great RPO company with big plans

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Resource Solutions

Pros

I get to work with a portfolio of really interesting client brands on cutting edge projects. It's a great place to be challenged. Never gets boring as there's always something new to work on.
    As an employer, they're also really understanding of my need to work flexibly.

Cons

No real downsides to working here - I'm really enjoying it.

I think we need to work on our internal communications a bit more.

Worked for Resource Solutions? Contribute to the Community!