Resource Solutions Reviews

Reset
3.4
Oliver Harris

1. Direct Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

Cons

Advice to Management

A lot of responsibility given to work independently and flexible with working conditions. Good progression opportunities and options for internal moves globally. Working for such a large organisations means that performance is always measured and the company always look for a way to get more out of you to become more profitable.

2. Consultant

I worked at Resource Solutions

Pros

Great people and pro family

Cons

No sharing of any information from mgmt

Advice to Management

Pls open up

3. Direct recruiter

Current Employee - Direct Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Direct Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity. Good insight into internal recruitment. Bonus potential. Less pressure than agency side. Exposure to senior stakeholders. Can use client perks.

Cons

Long hours. Not much flexibility around ways of working. Complex processes. Admin. Can't hide from a hiring manager. Things can change quickly as the business looses and gains business.

Advice to Management

More transparency. Define career paths.

5. vendor recruiter

Current Employee - Vendor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Vendor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Resource Solutions

Pros

Good development opportunities, good training, work life balance could be improved

Cons

Work life balance could be better

Advice to Management

Not too lean

nothing but hot air.

I worked at Resource Solutions full-time

Pros

-work with great clients and brands

Cons

-obsessive reporting -extremely stats driven, without much concern to bigger issues that their staff face -tells client one thing, tells the recruiters another -over promises, all the time -little/no transparency to the team, downplays unfavorable stats and updates

Advice to Management

-empower the on site team -take their opinions seriously -listen to the areas of development, rather than insisting on their so-called 'value-adding' talk

Driven and Passionate Company, lacking Focus and Employee Engagement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Resource Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Ambitious and Driven business Passionate and Talented employees Opportunity to move internally, as well as international relocation Respectable salaries and bonus structure Good opportunities to work with leading clients

Cons

Poor work life balance - Working hours are 08:30-18:00, with limited flexibility Progress is restricted by the requirement to have the Robert Walters business sign off on almost every decision Inefficient approaches to most processes Benefits package could be improved

Advice to Management

Make decisions and communicate them more effectively A more flexible approach to working hours needs to be considered. The 'chained to the desk' culture is counterproductive. Trust and empower people to work effectively by managing their own time.

8. An innovative and fun place to work!

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A positive working environment with determined and outgoing people and a great management team that actually listen! Everyone works hard but there is lots of recognition and reward for those that perform.

Cons

None, I enjoy going to work everyday!

Advice to Management

Potentially need to look at flexible working policy and benefits as the current status quo is a little outdated.

Inflexible, Long Hours, Unsupportive Management

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I must say although generally dissatisfied at my base client site where my confidence was chipped away by unsupportive and "blame cultured" management, I had the opportunity to work for another client site which I really enjoyed due to a highly supportive and encouraging manager. I had the opportunity to manage my own workload and projects and I felt my confidence had been restored.

Cons

Although an RPO, some managers are too agency focused and foster an unprofessional environment. Working hours are really long 8.30 to 6 and yet we are expected to attend (with no option of not attending) after work events in London. No flexibility in remote working or flexible hours. Benefits are practically non-existent. High turnover of staff. In terms of progression it's one rule for one and another rule for others.

Advice to Management

Move away from an agency culture, it will do you no favours when liaising with clients. Consider improvements in work life balance to retain staff. The pressure to attend work events outside of working hours is highly inconvenient for staff with children and family commitments.

10. A first class organisation with a vision that is clear and holds employees' development at it's core.

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are without exception all high quality and this has an inspiring and motivational affect. Leadership of the business is strong both in terms of growing the organisation (which breeds opportunity) but also in embracing an employee focussed agenda. The working environment is fantastic and Head Office is a fun place to be around. Our approach to achieving and maintaining true partnerships with our clients is exactly what is needed, but also so often lacking, in this industry. Pay and benefits are both good as is work life balance and the flexibility offered by the organisation. A great organisation that genuinely makes you proud to be an employee and part of the 500+ strong team.

Cons

Prefer not to split hairs or quote areas of improvement that are typical across all businesses! Perhaps a greater attention of developing the business outside of London but this is an case of growing the company rather than a criticism.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

11. A great opportunity to join a leading organisation in its' field

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Such a positive environment and Senior Management who really lead! The quality and depth of experience across the business and how much part of the team that I feel. There is a real drive and passion for what we do across all departments both in the field and the back office. I feel treated like a professional and given the responsibiliity to get on with my job, but I know there's a fantastic support network in place if I need it, starting from my Manager and beyond. No unnecessary 'micro management' and the opportunity for me to grow and develop. Good recognition of effort and a range of perks that make working at RS a complete pleasure. The best move I made for my career.

Cons

No major cons, only small points that are no real issues. A few practicalities around remote working, but nothing that really impacts my role.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! Share your knowledge and experience and continue to provide opportunities for employees to grow and build on their careers.

RSS Feed </> Embed