Resources For Human Development

Add Photos

Dyann Roth

Amazing company

Anonymous (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsVery people friendly and socially forward.

ConsI can't think of any

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you

nice

Prosgood pay but too much work

Constoo busy but it was good

Good if you can be a contractor/fee for for service; good professional development, supportive management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsFlexible schedule
    Positive atmosphere
    Competitive pay
    Opportunity for training and clinical/team feedback
    Supportive Management

ConsStressful/Demanding work environment
    Hard to feel part of a team
    Would be very difficult to start w/out considerable prior experience in the field

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training and supervision, don't hire lower level staff through open interview format- low buy-in on the part of employees is the main fault in the system.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic place to work

ProsOpen environment, great communication, terrific people, the ability to come to work in the morning and go home at night feeling good about what you do, the knowledge that you're making a difference, being part of a place that's about something important and is always trying out new and innovative ideas.

ConsWe'd all like to make more money. But Resources' salaries are about what you'd expect for a human services corporation, and they look for ways to add extra benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementWe're proud to work at Resources for Human Development, and hope you'll keep this values-based organization moving forward into the future while holding to the ideals and values that make it great

It was a good experience for me.

Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGood people to work with, pay was decent along with benefits.

ConsLack of leadership, to much Politics in upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more meetings with your lower level employees.

One of the most different and interesting companies I ever worked for!

Psychiatric Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) Lehighton, PA

ProsExcellent benefits all around, the company follows a set of values which I saw carried out within the program I worked for, employees are encouraged to voice their opinions and ideas, if there is a conflict there are people within the company who serve as mediators to help resolve the issue, flexible and freedom in scheduling appointments with clients and taking time off, employer provides and encourages employees to gain more training, uses liberal-based approaches, company is continuing to grow and expand, rated as one of the best companies to work for in Philly, and most of all, you see the impact and changes these programs have had in increasing the overall quality of life in the people who are being served!!

ConsVery disorganized at times, sharing office space makes it difficult for ensuring confidentiality with clients, saw a lot of inept people hired and fired who were given multiple chances of proving themselves and changing when they should have probably been fired from the gecko, inefficient computer program for documenting notes/plans (although I think it may have changed by now), boundaries set between staff and clients were questionable at times

RHD is a great company to work for, generous PTO and open environment!

Recovery Coach (Former Employee) Bryn Mawr, PA

ProsThe people are amazing! Ability to move around.

ConsThere are many agencies under RHD and not all of them run as stable as the RHD values say.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor LMCS, a agency under RHD, listen to your employees. We are in the front lines and have a great concept of what will help it work better!

Love the company philosophy, structure, & training!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsLack of micro-management, empowered, training, opportunities for advancement

ConsI have witnessed some HUB (department) directors with too much power firing people because they just don't 'like' them. Many HUBs have major management drama, and I was lucky.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave honest conversations with lower-ranked employees and REALLY listen to their concerns as to how they are not being supported & the drama from their directors.

Great for 3 years then horrible the last two

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bethlehem, PA

ProsMostly patient/consumer centered and has a lot of great employees

ConsA few people at the regional level tend to run the company with personal ambitions which includes witch hunting

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit programs and talk to the staff. Do surprise visits and interview staff away from the local managements especially in the NE region. The place is falling apart.

humarn resource

Human Resource (Current Employee)

Proscooperation
    simply
    hard worker
    easy to learn
    don't make problem
    accomplished

Consneed one to train me first

Worked for Resources For Human Development? Contribute to the Community!