Resources For Human Development

Dyann Roth

Relaxed culture

Current Employee - Program Specialist
    Current Employee - Program Specialist

I have been working at Resources For Human Development full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a very relaxed culture here that makes it a comfortable place to come to work. There are many different programs, which gives you options for advancement or lateral moves.

Cons

There have been no raises for years. The only way to get a bump in your salary is to take on extra work. There is little acknowledgement for your work.

Great friendly environment.

Former Employee - IT Department  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - IT Department in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Resources For Human Development full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company does good work in behavioral health and is making a difference in many peoples lives. Excellent vacation benefits.

Cons

Salary is low but this is typical in non-profits. Newer managers do not hold the company values as dearly as long time employees which can lead to a stressful work environment and overall unhappiness.

Make sure that new employees know and live the RHD values better.

Undervalued

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Phila, PA

I have been working at Resources For Human Development full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, PTO,Coworkers, commute, culture,

Cons

Pay, no raises or promotional opportunities, Management team, no retirement match

Get a compensation system so that staff receive fair market salaries. Treat your employees as assets.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for RHD was very rewarding

I worked at Resources For Human Development

Pros

there were plent of opportunities to learn and be trained. the miniversity helped me out a lot. ther was also tuition assistance

Cons

the pay was below what I think is fair, there was a lot of cronyism and nepotism

Monitor the practices at individual homes more closely

Beware of Immature Management

Former Employee - Manager  in  Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Phila, PA

I worked at Resources For Human Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

Okay Benefits
    Flexibile Hours
    Nice Staff Overalll

Cons

Horrible Managers at every site
    Low Pay for Staff
    Central Office staff are Spoiled and uneducated

Fire Everyone

It was a good experience for me.

Current Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Resources For Human Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people to work with, pay was decent along with benefits.

Cons

Lack of leadership, to much Politics in upper management.

Have more meetings with your lower level employees.

One of the most different and interesting companies I ever worked for!

Former Employee - Psychiatric Rehabilitation Worker  in  Lehighton, PA
    Former Employee - Psychiatric Rehabilitation Worker in Lehighton, PA

I worked at Resources For Human Development full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits all around, the company follows a set of values which I saw carried out within the program I worked for, employees are encouraged to voice their opinions and ideas, if there is a conflict there are people within the company who serve as mediators to help resolve the issue, flexible and freedom in scheduling appointments with clients and taking time off, employer provides and encourages employees to gain more training, uses liberal-based approaches, company is continuing to grow and expand, rated as one of the best companies to work for in Philly, and most of all, you see the impact and changes these programs have had in increasing the overall quality of life in the people who are being served!!

Cons

Very disorganized at times, sharing office space makes it difficult for ensuring confidentiality with clients, saw a lot of inept people hired and fired who were given multiple chances of proving themselves and changing when they should have probably been fired from the gecko, inefficient computer program for documenting notes/plans (although I think it may have changed by now), boundaries set between staff and clients were questionable at times

A good place to grow and refine your skills while making some lasting friendships in the process.

Former Employee - Chief Technology Officer  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Resources For Human Development full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I spent 4 years at RHD and saw a lot of change. Some good, some bad, some amazing - but I think that's most companies. Having been gone for a little over a month now, I REALLY miss most of the folks I worked with while there, and still keep in touch with many which I think is a testament to the culture at RHD. In my experience the environment makes it pretty easy to develop friendships and camaraderie that can be difficult at other organizations where I've worked. I was so anti-open environment when I came and now I find it hard to work in a traditional environment and am glad my current company is changing to one!

I think most jobs are what you make of them. I build a very strong team that is cohesive, agile, smart, and innovative - focused on how IT can enable the business to serve its consumers better, faster, with greater ease. I am very proud of the accomplishments we made there, and I do think that the relatively hands-off methodology others seem to see as detrimental, was instrumental in RHD's IT department becoming world-class (my biased opinion, of course).

Cons

I do think management should be more willing to receive and accept feedback. I had the opportunity to be on the corporate council where I think that was beginning to happen more and I hope it continues. In my opinion, the business could learn a lesson or two in "economies of scale". Growing strategically is always better than expanding for the sake of saying you grew.

You have smart folks around you. Trust their expertise. Trust their judgement, and you'll be fine. The company now has a CEO that's easy to get behind. I personally feel IT, HR, and Legal should have a seat at the executive management table; while you leverage the existing senior management structure for clinical management.

Amazing company

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Resources For Human Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very people friendly and socially forward.

Cons

I can't think of any

Good experience, no upward movement

I worked at Resources For Human Development

Pros

Great co-workers, a lot of time off, pleasant environment to work in

Cons

Management overworked, which trickles down to the case managers. No possible upward mobility without a masters degree.

Worked for Resources For Human Development? Contribute to the Community!