Resources For The Future

www.rff.org

Resources For The Future Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Resources For The Future – Washington – “Office Entrance”

Philip R Sharp

Good experience, fairly relaxed, very academic, very quantitative

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsIf you want to gain skills and do high quality policy analysis, RFF is the place. Very friendly managers and co-workers. Great community.

ConsVery few of the managers seek extensive political influence. Can be a very sleepy place. Requires a lot of personal motivation to make a big impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to have a bigger impact on DC policy. This will attract more excited candidates.

Internship at RFF

Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat colleagues, very smart people, interesting work

ConsNot a lot of inter-departmental communication. All the researchers were pretty independent.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe organization should stand behind their employees more and advocate for their policy recommendations to be enacted.

Internship worth the time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInside look into one of, if not the, highest-rated environmental NGOs in the US. If you're into public/environmental/health policy, this is a good opportunity.

ConsNearly every researcher is a PhD economist, can't complement their communication skills.

Advice to Senior Management(I was an intern - not an insider, not an expert, not a multi-year employee. Also, wasn't here in 2011, year invented to protect anonymity.)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very friendly work environment and nice coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly work environment. All the people I worked with were very pleasant and friendly.
    Good benefits (health insurance, retirement plan, cafeteria plan, vacation).

ConsResources for the Future is a small organization therefore there are not too many opportunities for the career advancement and growth.

Classic public company

Studies and Concertation Manager (Current Employee) Toulouse (France)

ProsRelaxed environment, people with lot of passion and a good mix of young and experienced employees. In general people are well prepared for their job. Good geographic placement in the city.

ConsAs all public companies it suffers of a inertia everything takes so long to be done and everyone tries to delagete at maximum responsibilities to others.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior Manager is completely unable to manage the team, lots of friction within the team and a lot of people that wants to leave.

Worked for Resources For The Future? Contribute to the Community!