Response Genetics

www.responsegenetics.com

Response Genetics Reviews

Response Genetics – Los Angeles – “Located in the HRA Building”

Thomas A. Bologna

Zero growth for non-lab employees

ProsExcellent medical benefits, vision & dental plans, 401k matching, and company paid life and LTD insurance policy, with access to group rates on additional voluntary benefits. Paid parking pass or public transportation allowance available. Corporate discount program.

ConsThe administrative offices are essentially ignored unless there's a fire to put out. Several VERY highly paid executives, and then poorly paid and over-worked administrative staff is pretty much the norm. Employees are essentially taken advantage of in an effort to make corporate filings look as good as possible.
    Perks are thin. The facility is very basic. No in-house cafeteria, no rec room or gym like at larger companies. Just offices and a couple of break rooms.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour scientists are not the only ones who work hard. Support your administrative staff. They are the ones supporting your operations. If you expect them to take on more work after massive down-sizing, then re-evaluate their positions and pay them fairly for it. Don't abuse the fact that people need their jobs - this used to be a company that people liked and wanted to work for. I would love to see RGI get back to that place.

Negative

Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe great team of lab techs

ConsHigh workload to low pay ratio
    High expectations from upper management that could not be met
    No processes
    Disorganized
    No accountability
    No appreciation for hard workers
    Low work life balance
    Poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementTurnover the leadership team

I Agree that this company has little growth oppurtunity for the "average" employee

(Current Employee)

ProsGood Benefits, Near major freeways.

ConsIf you want to move up, tough cookie. There is constantly changes in upper management. These new “decision makers” don’t honor the RGI promises that were made to us by previous executives who are no longer here. Promises of salary increases for good work performance, promises of promotions, can all be kissed goodbye thanks to the new CEO, HR manager, and other higher ups that came along. We're not asking for more than we deserve.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are hard working and intelligent people. They wouldn't be working here if they weren’t. My advice is this, stop treating this company as if scientists and executive personnel are all this company is relying on. Keep everyone else in mind, and know the roles that we play in the company and how we help keep it going. But most of all, don’t punish us for mistakes made by your predecessors.

Worked for Response Genetics? Contribute to the Community!