Response Mine Interactive

www.responsemine.com

Response Mine Interactive Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Ken Robbins

Great opportunity, great clients, great teamwork.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe teams are passionate about what they do, there's an entrepreneurial spirit with growth opportunity, and a wonderful work-life balance. The clients are collaborative and eager to see return, which makes working with them a pleasure.

ConsDue to this not being a large agency, sometimes resources are a bit lean and structure/processes are lacking. Sometimes upper management makes questionable decisions.

Entrepreneurial atmosphere with benefits of a bigger agency.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people at RMI are truly talented digital marketers who are passionate about what they do. There's a strong work/life balance which is hard to find in an agency setting. The core values are constantly adhered to and not just words written on the wall. RMI often takes the path less traveled, so employees are encouraged to innovate and take risks.

ConsA lot of employees are tasked with work outside of the their title's scope. This affords employees opportunities for quick growth and advancement, but has its own challenges like burn-out, lack of focus, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time communicating with employees from the junior level up to learn more about company strengths and pain points and individual employee's career growth expectations.

SEO Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe environment was very relaxed and casual. For the most part, co-workers were nice and helpful.

ConsThe pay vs work ratio wasn't good. I had a really bad manager and being a small company, news travels fast so do not expect anything you say in private to stay that way.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your management program. They were a lot of people who were not qualified to manage themselves let alone a team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not The Best Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome very nice people, and a monthly Keg Party.

ConsThere are good intentions, however the structure of the company and key players within the company trickle down inefficiency, politics, and bad attitude. Gossiping and a general lack of passion inhibited growth across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementLessen the politics. Put more focus on nurturing relationships with clients. Hire people that are passionate and kind.

Office Politics, Opened Eyes"

Associate Copywriter (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMy supervising manager was very helpful, insightful, encouraging, professional, and proficient. Her expectations were communicated logically, and she her constructive criticism made my experience with the company very educational and valuable.

ConsAlthough expectations for the work I produced was effectively communicated to me, the company was overall disorganized and constantly transitioning and changing methods of operations. The higher-ups did not sustain communications between departments causing lax behavior and deadlines being pushed back. Focused more on quantity of content produced rather than the quality, I found the office politics destroyed rather than stimulate the overall aesthetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith this world constantly evolving, I suggest to management that you focus on quality rather than quantity. Finding new innovated ways to digitally market a product while adhering to internet algorithms, I think the key to success is recognizing the creative department professional skill. I also suggest that every single person is briefed on the production process and modes of operations within the company as to solidify consistent results and keeping the promises that the company (as a whole) made to it's clients.

Response Mine Interactive is a great place for a first job. Great benefits, fun intelligent people, lots of parties,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed environment, insight into digital marketing industry, Great benefits, fun intelligent people, lots of parties, relaxed atmosphere. Work hard, play hard.

Consboring work, poor pay. Not a stable environment with frequent turnover and loss of major clients. The majority of the employees consists of VP's (those at the top who do not know how to manage people or workflow), Managers (those given an empty title with no one under them to actually manage), and Interns (because they're cheap). T

Good Stepping Stone

ProsResponse Mine Interactive is ideal for recent college graduates. The company promotes a fun, flexible work environment while providing eager employees an opportunity to discover and develop their skill set. Since RMI is a relatively small company, people with less experience are often times given greater responsibility when working with clients (something that does not occur in larger companies). In addition to being a good stepping stone, RMI possesses a unique work culture. The culture is fun and open, though some employees take advantage of RMI's laid back sensibility. Parties and happy hours occur regularly.

ConsRegarding layoffs, placing most, if not all of the blame on the ebb and flow of agency life is a cop-out. This is particularly true considering layoffs have occurred over the most recent quarters. The company's refusal to submit RFPs is baffling, and seems like a wasted opportunity to generate new business. A disconnect exists between the executive team and their subordinates, making it virtually impossible for lower-level employees to communicate their frustrations, concerns, and questions to their superiors. Not only does this weaken a team's morale, but also leads to poor performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to become more involved in the day-to-day activities of the company. I addition to generating new business, management needs to exercise their authority when dealing with difficult clients. Promising the world to a client does no good, and can only result in mediocrity and dissatisfaction.

Response Mine Interactive Recruiting Supervisor responded to this review

Jun 16, 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback. We will use this to continue to grow our agency to be a great place for employees at every stage in their career.

The Best Place I Have EVER Worked!

ProsI have never worked with a better group of people in my life. I have worked in advertising for a long time and have worked for both agency and client-side companies, and I can assure you that my title statement says it all. The company is led by a group of entrepreneurs who are empowered to drive the business. It is so refreshing to not have a million levels to dilute your efforts. The access to the senior leadership is amazing and those who haven't worked in a few places may not even realize the treat that this really is. The company is transparent and honest with every employee from top to bottom.

ConsCons are more related to agency life in general. Meaning the course of agency business ebbs and flows. The ebbs suck and the flows don't come along fast enough sometimes and we lose great people that we wish we wouldn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be visionary, but remember to focus that vision on strategic plans.

Response Mine Interactive Recruiting Supervisor responded to this review

Jun 16, 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback!

A good place to start, but don't get used to it.

ProsGreat benefits, fun intelligent people, lots of parties, relaxed atmosphere. Work hard, play hard.

ConsNot a stable environment with frequent turnover and loss of major clients. The majority of the employees consists of VP's (those at the top who do not know how to manage people or workflow), Managers (those given an empty title with no one under them to actually manage), and Interns (because they're cheap). The company values are a joke -- they are more concerned with having a loose, fun environment and spending thousands on remodeling, monthly parties, and bogus retreats. They pride themselves on direct response and user experience, yet do not have the proper programs in place to effectively analyze results, and therefore have no clue how to achieve success.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet involved. Act like you care. Take some management classes. Since the senior management prefers to be involved as little as possible, they need to listen to the people who are actually doing all the work and dealing with the bulk of the issues. Stop trying to go after senior citizens and working with clients who have a bad reputation to begin with. Pay your employees based on performance and experience, create a clear career path for them, and help the, to achieve. Take the time to develop a successful training program, hire some project managers and keep the number of interns to a minimum.

Love the people but it's not perfect

SEO Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOnce you get situated at he company you feel like you can strike up a conversation with any employee, even the CEO. It feels like there's a real focus on celebrating individuals for their achievements and recognizing employees who deliver results. Employees get regular updates on how the company is doing and things are pretty transparent. It's also been a great opportunity to get experience with an agency in Atlanta. Lovely office in Buckhead. I worked as an intern and was given real clients to work for and real experience to talk about in interviews.

ConsSometimes it feels like all they do is search engine marketing/optimization, and there are many other fields of digital marketing worth pursuing. The agency refuses to do RFPs saying that they only want to sign loyal clients, but from my perspective it doesn't seem reasonable to outright refuse to do them. Several employees were just laid off, and others left for new opportunities without being replaced, leaving many gaps in the company structure. They even had to cancel their leadership program which is a great opportunity for new entrants to the digital marketing field, but they're still taking on associates (interns) because they aren't guaranteed full-time placement and leadership program alumni are. Many people get promotions, but a lot of them just seem like title changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the associate program as an educational tool similar to what the DMLP is supposed to be, and treat it like an internship rather than an entry-level job that only maybe will turn into a real job. Associates with supportive, hands-on managers get a really good experience out of it while others are just treated like 6 months of cheap labor. Branching out of SEO/SEM and into social or email could provide a lot of client opportunities. Don't put yourself in a box, acting like direct response is the only marketing that works or that Boomers are the only consumers worth marketing to.

Worked for Response Mine Interactive? Contribute to the Community!