Response Mine Interactive

Great work environment

Current Employee - SEO Associate in Windsor At Peachtree, GA
    Current Employee - SEO Associate in Windsor At Peachtree, GA

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive part-time

Pros

Great work environment with very friendly people. I worked here part time for a semester in college. RMI has a great training program and they give you a lot of hands on experience in the digital marketing field. I did both a mix of link building and content creation.

Cons

No cons really stick in mind

I politely suggest looking elsewhere

Former Employee - Senior Media Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Media Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Response Mine Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RMI has a ton of good people. The account service managers are knowledgeable and won't leave specialists tasked to answer ridiculous client questions that waste time. The paid search specialists are incredibly dedicated and driven by ROI. The SEO specialists are results orientated and love a good challenge. These three groups make up the bulk of RMI. These three teams are GREAT at what they do.

Cons

As I stated, the three core groups at RMI are impeccable. It is the upper level management that drove me to quit. You will find that some senior managers like to make you feel uncomfortable just to see if you'll suck up to them in order to keep your job so they can laugh about it amongst themselves later. Other senior managers should really just be regular managers but are sleeping with someone (or multiple people) of executive status. Politics is absolutely rampant here and it gets to the point of sickening.

Another issue is the brainwashing that the CEO likes to trickle down. You'll hear all the time from him and other senior execs that RMI pays the best and has the best benefits of any company you'll ever work at. The benefits were good, I will admit that, but it does not justify the low salaries. Management will flat out tell you they do not offer competitive salaries because of their benefits package. That said, just before I left, multiple elements of their supposed "amazing" benefits package were being eliminated.

The biggest con that you may already be able to determine is that RMI will say they value their talent but they do nothing to keep it. Sure, they may give you a raise annually, but it is no where near what you feel is sufficient. The best RMI employees have already left and the remainder spend their days sifting through various job openings or taking the day off to go to an interview at one of the agencies in Midtown.

Oh and how could I forget: the company "retreat" north of Atlanta. Laughable at the least. You sit in a 10 hour a day meeting for two entire days and listen to a guy who seems to have some sort of mental issue speak about how you can blame yourself for the company problems because you are the company. Is some of it true? Certainly. But a company that continuously enforces the idea that it's the lower level people that are to blame is not a respectable company at all.

Just read the cons section of my review. No need to keep berating the management at RMI.

Great opportunity, great clients, great teamwork.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The teams are passionate about what they do, there's an entrepreneurial spirit with growth opportunity, and a wonderful work-life balance. The clients are collaborative and eager to see return, which makes working with them a pleasure.

Cons

Due to this not being a large agency, sometimes resources are a bit lean and structure/processes are lacking. Sometimes upper management makes questionable decisions.

Entrepreneurial atmosphere with benefits of a bigger agency.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people at RMI are truly talented digital marketers who are passionate about what they do. There's a strong work/life balance which is hard to find in an agency setting. The core values are constantly adhered to and not just words written on the wall. RMI often takes the path less traveled, so employees are encouraged to innovate and take risks.

Cons

A lot of employees are tasked with work outside of the their title's scope. This affords employees opportunities for quick growth and advancement, but has its own challenges like burn-out, lack of focus, etc.

Spend time communicating with employees from the junior level up to learn more about company strengths and pain points and individual employee's career growth expectations.

SEO Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Response Mine Interactive full-time

Pros

The environment was very relaxed and casual. For the most part, co-workers were nice and helpful.

Cons

The pay vs work ratio wasn't good. I had a really bad manager and being a small company, news travels fast so do not expect anything you say in private to stay that way.

Work on your management program. They were a lot of people who were not qualified to manage themselves let alone a team.

Not The Best Place

I worked at Response Mine Interactive full-time

Pros

Some very nice people, and a monthly Keg Party.

Cons

There are good intentions, however the structure of the company and key players within the company trickle down inefficiency, politics, and bad attitude. Gossiping and a general lack of passion inhibited growth across the board.

Lessen the politics. Put more focus on nurturing relationships with clients. Hire people that are passionate and kind.

Office Politics, Opened Eyes"

Former Employee - Associate Copywriter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate Copywriter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Response Mine Interactive as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

My supervising manager was very helpful, insightful, encouraging, professional, and proficient. Her expectations were communicated logically, and she her constructive criticism made my experience with the company very educational and valuable.

Cons

Although expectations for the work I produced was effectively communicated to me, the company was overall disorganized and constantly transitioning and changing methods of operations. The higher-ups did not sustain communications between departments causing lax behavior and deadlines being pushed back. Focused more on quantity of content produced rather than the quality, I found the office politics destroyed rather than stimulate the overall aesthetic.

With this world constantly evolving, I suggest to management that you focus on quality rather than quantity. Finding new innovated ways to digitally market a product while adhering to internet algorithms, I think the key to success is recognizing the creative department professional skill. I also suggest that every single person is briefed on the production process and modes of operations within the company as to solidify consistent results and keeping the promises that the company (as a whole) made to it's clients.

Response Mine Interactive is a great place for a first job. Great benefits, fun intelligent people, lots of parties,

I worked at Response Mine Interactive

Pros

Relaxed environment, insight into digital marketing industry, Great benefits, fun intelligent people, lots of parties, relaxed atmosphere. Work hard, play hard.

Cons

boring work, poor pay. Not a stable environment with frequent turnover and loss of major clients. The majority of the employees consists of VP's (those at the top who do not know how to manage people or workflow), Managers (those given an empty title with no one under them to actually manage), and Interns (because they're cheap). T

Good Stepping Stone

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive full-time

Pros

Response Mine Interactive is ideal for recent college graduates. The company promotes a fun, flexible work environment while providing eager employees an opportunity to discover and develop their skill set. Since RMI is a relatively small company, people with less experience are often times given greater responsibility when working with clients (something that does not occur in larger companies). In addition to being a good stepping stone, RMI possesses a unique work culture. The culture is fun and open, though some employees take advantage of RMI's laid back sensibility. Parties and happy hours occur regularly.

Cons

Regarding layoffs, placing most, if not all of the blame on the ebb and flow of agency life is a cop-out. This is particularly true considering layoffs have occurred over the most recent quarters. The company's refusal to submit RFPs is baffling, and seems like a wasted opportunity to generate new business. A disconnect exists between the executive team and their subordinates, making it virtually impossible for lower-level employees to communicate their frustrations, concerns, and questions to their superiors. Not only does this weaken a team's morale, but also leads to poor performance.

Management needs to become more involved in the day-to-day activities of the company. I addition to generating new business, management needs to exercise their authority when dealing with difficult clients. Promising the world to a client does no good, and can only result in mediocrity and dissatisfaction.

Response Mine Interactive Response

Jun 16, 2014Recruiting Supervisor

Thank you so much for the feedback. We will use this to continue to grow our agency to be a great place for employees at every stage in their career.

The Best Place I Have EVER Worked!

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have never worked with a better group of people in my life. I have worked in advertising for a long time and have worked for both agency and client-side companies, and I can assure you that my title statement says it all. The company is led by a group of entrepreneurs who are empowered to drive the business. It is so refreshing to not have a million levels to dilute your efforts. The access to the senior leadership is amazing and those who haven't worked in a few places may not even realize the treat that this really is. The company is transparent and honest with every employee from top to bottom.

Cons

Cons are more related to agency life in general. Meaning the course of agency business ebbs and flows. The ebbs suck and the flows don't come along fast enough sometimes and we lose great people that we wish we wouldn't.

Continue to be visionary, but remember to focus that vision on strategic plans.

Response Mine Interactive Response

Jun 16, 2014Recruiting Supervisor

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Response Mine Interactive Photos