Responsys

Responsys Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Responsys CEO Dan Springer

Dan Springer

Pros:
  • "Good work/life balance (but it depends on the team you're on)"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Get to work with some good people"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc"
    in 3 reviews
  • "I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great internship

Business Development Intern (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat people, lots of opportunities, easy to learn about whatever you want. The people are so helpful and genuinely want you to succeed here, and they will do whatever they can to get you where you need to go. Great location, stocked snack room, and occassional work events. I had a lot to talk about when interviewing for my next job, and they definitely have opportunities within the company with a high growth rate. The only reason I didn't stay was because the new job I found was much closer to home and I wouldn't have to take the train to the city everyday. The history of interns here is pretty incredible, most coming from top schools and either staying at the company or going to large organizations like Twitter.

ConsMy only con was the commute from the south bay, but everything else is great!

3 years in, this is still the best employment experience of my life

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people are incredibly bright and enjoyable. This starts at the executive level, and is pervasive throughout the whole company. The quality of the people, which has always been great, continues to improve. Clients see a meaningful difference in the power of Responsys' relationship marketing capabilities, and pay a premium for those strengths.

The outlook for Responsys is excellent. The company is grabbing market share away from antiquated competitors in its core email marketing business, and is leveraging its strength in customer data management to apply its strength in targeting and personalization to emerging channels like display, mobile and social.

The company prefers to promote from within, so once you're onboard, the sky is the limit when it comes to career advancement.

ConsNothing significant comes to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccelerate investment in emerging channels. Maintain the culture and high standards for hiring.

Excellent work environment for motivated individuals!

I have been working at Responsys full-time

ProsUpon joining the Responsys team, I made a few immediate observations: everyone here is bright, everyone is driven, and everyone is a team player. That being said, my onboarding process at Responsys was quite positive, as I felt I had a tremendous amount of support in getting fully ramped up. After speaking with nearly every individual on the sales floor, I felt I had an endless amount of resources at my fingertips. There is a sense of pride and accomplishment that my colleagues carry that consistently inspires me to work hard and achieve results. I feel the pressure to do well here, but the right amount of pressure can be a good thing- and this type is the empowering kind, because ultimately, everyone is here to be successful and achieve a common goal.

ConsAt times I feel bad for utilizing my lunch break, because it seems people often eat at their desk and rarely take a break to get fresh air outside. The office also feels a bit like a dungeon, as it is on the dark side and has a full cubicle layout.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring the onboarding process, a ton of material is thrown at the new hire. Meeting with every individual during the first week takes away from some of the valuable resources/tools provided, so spreading these meetings out over a two week window would be more manageable. A review of the most important prospecting tools post first and second week training would be valuable.

Why would you work at Responsys?

Area Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

ProsResponsys is an innovative company with a solid vision and a great group of people driving that vision. The energy and enthusiasm the team has in driving our customer strategies is contagious and educational. It has been an exciting place to work that now offers me an enjoyable career path.

ConsTher rigerous processes take a little getting used to - once understood, the benefits of those processes to support customer management and working efficiency are huge.

Challenging. Rewarding. Empowering.

Reading, England (UK)

ProsGreat people. Clear focus. Energy & passion

ConsResults orientated. Personal accountability & transparency

Advice to Senior ManagementBe bold

Responsys is an awesome place to be!

I have been working at Responsys

ProsResponsys is full of energetic, fun-loving, team-oriented, driven people. We are an industry leader in what we do, and all of the employees are proud of their work.

ConsSometimes the hours are long, but that is part of life when you are serious about performing well and advancing your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementY'all are doing a great job steering this ship. Keep up the good work, I have confidence in your leadership.

Fantastic career growth with A+ talent across the board

I have been working at Responsys

Pros- Incredibly bright and talented people
- Disciplined, profitable growth
- Great advancement opportunities
- No egos
- Fun

ConsThe company cautiously watches expenses / investments which is great for profitability, but slows the rate of growth

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest a little more aggressively in growth, but otherwise, keep doing what you're doing!

Great place to work!

I have been working at Responsys

Prospeople are amazing. so much upside. really cool space to work in also. cool vision that's relevant to what's happening in the world today.

Love it!

Consneed more office space. growth so fast

Advice to Senior Managementget some more space. done a great job promoting from within and empowering really smart people-- keep it up!

Responsys has grown me as a professional and a person more than any other company I've worked for.

I have been working at Responsys

ProsResponsys is a fast-paced powerhouse of learning and executing. Employees are counted on and made to feel important, because they are. Everyone has the same goal and that's to take the company to the next level. There's no room for selfish people at Responsys because of the camaraderie and teamwork instilled here.

ConsIf you're not a go-getter and a driven individual, you'll never make it at Responsys.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire the best and brightest to continue the growth of this company.

My experience with Responsys has been on of continued learning, sharing, and growing both personally and professionally.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Responsys

ProsThe people at Responsys are great. Everyone, including upper management, is eager to help you learn and succeed. As a sales person I always have a great reason to reach out to prospects, whether it be the newest Forrester report, an amazing event we are hosting, or just simply being the top ESP in the Industry, I love the opportunities to help me sell here. I know that in the hot spot for technology companies, I am at one of the best!

ConsI wish there were more efforts to drive more inbound leads.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat work! I love the open door policy and knowing I can come to you with any questions!

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!

Responsys – Why Work for Us?

Marketing as we know it, has changed. Not because we said so. Consumers have said so. They fast-forward through TV commercials. They’ve put down their newspapers. They don’t have a landline.  They can choose which… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Responsys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Responsys CEO Dan Springer. All 110 reviews posted anonymously by Responsys employees.