Responsys

Responsys Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Responsys CEO Dan Springer

Dan Springer

Pros:
  • "Company has strong value of work/life balance, including great outings and company sponsored activities"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Get to work with some good people"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc"
    in 3 reviews
  • "I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Growing market, good company, good opportunities

ProsGood opportunities to improve and modernize the product while learning new things in the process. People are friendly professional and smart.

ConsA few people who don't understand innovation can be slow to approve new ideas resulting in bottlenecks that can stifle progress. This is changing but not as quickly as it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe receptive to new thinking and remember good ideas can come from unexpected places.

Great potential but too disorganized

Product Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits and salary are great. You get to work interact with some great clients and learn a lot about email marketing from a market leader.

ConsManagement is still trying to find its way and is disorganized. The company still has a lot of growing up to do. Lack of career development.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the company is so spread out and global, management needs to do a better job of providing a successful work environment for all types of employees.

Great team and on-boarding process

ProsI have only been with Responsys 3 weeks and I can already say I have received some of the best training in my experience yet. My manager has worked closely with me since day 1 but has also given me the necessary space to learn and absorb the material. The company intranet itself offers a wealth of knowledge. It is a young, driven, and team oriented place to work. I feel like I have been here for years and am excited for my opportunity to grow within.

ConsSo far I have no complaints.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced, growing company, lots of opportunity

Campaign Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGood Compensation, room for growth

ConsNeed to keep pace with hiring

3 years in, this is still the best employment experience of my life

Sales (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people are incredibly bright and enjoyable. This starts at the executive level, and is pervasive throughout the whole company. The quality of the people, which has always been great, continues to improve. Clients see a meaningful difference in the power of Responsys' relationship marketing capabilities, and pay a premium for those strengths.

The outlook for Responsys is excellent. The company is grabbing market share away from antiquated competitors in its core email marketing business, and is leveraging its strength in customer data management to apply its strength in targeting and personalization to emerging channels like display, mobile and social.

The company prefers to promote from within, so once you're onboard, the sky is the limit when it comes to career advancement.

ConsNothing significant comes to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccelerate investment in emerging channels. Maintain the culture and high standards for hiring.

Great internship

Business Development Intern (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people, lots of opportunities, easy to learn about whatever you want. The people are so helpful and genuinely want you to succeed here, and they will do whatever they can to get you where you need to go. Great location, stocked snack room, and occassional work events. I had a lot to talk about when interviewing for my next job, and they definitely have opportunities within the company with a high growth rate. The only reason I didn't stay was because the new job I found was much closer to home and I wouldn't have to take the train to the city everyday. The history of interns here is pretty incredible, most coming from top schools and either staying at the company or going to large organizations like Twitter.

ConsMy only con was the commute from the south bay, but everything else is great!

Fantastic people that will be your best friends if you want them to be

Professional Services (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsLocation, location, location. You can't get better than the location for the S.F. office. Very young group with lots of energy. You work way over 40 hours per week but you can learn all about email marketing. Work from home is allowed.

ConsVery limited opportunity for career growth. Use this place as stepping stone to advance your career. Work two years and move on. Do not expect a high paying wage for the kind of work you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to take care of your people. Every since the company went public you have forgotten to pay salary increases across the board. There are some employees here that have not gotten a pay raise or promotion in three years.

Above average business with above average environment

Product (Former Employee)
    San Bruno, CA

ProsGood people
    Strong desire to build business
    Essential product and services

ConsSeen people burn up there
    Engineering team is not nimble. There's a mix of old and new technology. Some is really exciting, but not all.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the good people drown if you drop them in the deep end. Not all those that survive are the people you really want.

Great place to work

Campaign Specialist (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsColleagues are really helpful and nice to work with.

ConsLess opportunity to grow within.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat People. Keep up the good work

Poor management!

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsLocation of office. Enjoyed other program manager relationships. There are a few people in Senior management roles that are 'real.'

ConsNot being heard. Management doesn't have good training to manage. Managers party with subordinates. This is an entry level position in the Seattle office. Lots of working on weekends and nights. Started to feel robotic.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and side with your subordinates. You will get more respect.

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Responsys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Responsys CEO Dan Springer. All 114 reviews posted anonymously by Responsys employees.