Responsys

Responsys Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Responsys CEO Dan Springer

Dan Springer

Pros:
  • "Company has strong value of work/life balance, including great outings and company sponsored activities"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Get to work with some good people"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "The company is growing stable, so the corporate structure is already set and is less likely to evolve"
    in 3 reviews
  • "I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to work

Quality Engineer (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at Responsys full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay . Good work life balance

ConsNone I loved working here

Excellent company to work for

I have been working at Responsys

ProsThe people are fantastic, some of the smartest I've ever worked with. The culture is customer-first, and you can tell how passionate everyone is about making the customer successful

ConsGrowth always comes with growing pains, sometimes I feel we could staff faster (although it's understandable hard to do)

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a part of Oracle, continue the culture of respect, customer-first, and hard work!

Great

I have been working at Responsys full-time

ProsIntelligent Coworkers, relatively stress free environment, learn a lot

ConsNot a very developed culture

Responsys to me was not just a company but a family of talented individuals.

Intern (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Responsys as an intern for less than a year

ProsFriendly environment, helpful employees, and productive work hours.

ConsThere are hard working staff but no chance of growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee future employees as an investment.

Exceptional Learning Environment

Customer Success Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros- Great people who are always willing to help you solve a problem (as long as you are also -doing your homework and pulling your weight).
- Very motivated company. Everyone is excited to be on the team and happy generally speaking
- Work hard and promotions will come

Cons- At times it can be difficult to get a resource lined up for a project. I feel this is due to the amount of new clients and the expansion of current clients coming in the door. Not a bad problem to have for a business however, its a little red tape that gets frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the Sales handoff process in regards to knowledge transfer between Sales and Account Management team.

Coming up on my 3 year anniversary at Responsys and the time has flown by!

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFellow colleagues are in it to win it. Mutual respect and desire to success across all facets of the organization. There's a true sense of ownership at this company. In addition, the company continues to invest in securing top talent across product, marketing, sales, and engineering. We remain at the top of our game despite some competitors being acquired by larger SaaS firms.

ConsDon't come to Responsys if you plan on just getting by. You need to be smart and put in some sweat equity to succeed here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay ahead of the curve. We operate in a very disruptive marketplace and must invest in our people, technology, and partnerships to remain on top.

Wonderful place to work, that is growing and profitable

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Proslots of opportunity for growth within the company. My voice is heard to be able to influence change. we have the best employees in the world.

ConsWe need to keep hiring ahead of the curve.

We're a force to be reckoned with!

Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than a year

ProsGreatest office culture ever where ambitious results are always rewarded. Responsys is still growing and beating all the competition with our superior product and excellent service.

Lots of folks leaving other companies because the hours aren't long and the workload is manageable. New School Marketing works.

Revenue is always growing and everyone is trying to join us because we love profit! Many will apply but very few will get accepted. Only the best can be part of our success story.

ConsWe need more team building after office hours to keep up the momentum. Most of all, the wonderful reviews here are all real unlike many from our competitors (who are usually pressured by HQ to write good reviews).

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course because we are winning the future!

Great place to work

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than a year

ProsCollaboration, teamwork, accountability, flexibility, fun, smartest people I have ever worked with.

ConsSome growing pains due to rapid industry growth

Advice to Senior Managementkeep hiring great talent

Good energy, good support from upper management

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than a year

ProsGood salary, decent hours, decent office environment, good coworkers, awesome upper management, really good benefits, snacks, CEO seems to genuinely care if people are happy at his company.

ConsSmall number of women in leadership, overworked campaign/QA/production staff, low number of perks for an SF tech company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on hiring for anticipated new business, throw in a couple of fun quirky perks, standardize processes across accounts.

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!

Responsys – Why Work for Us?

Marketing as we know it, has changed. Not because we said so. Consumers have said so. They fast-forward through TV commercials. They’ve put down their newspapers. They don’t have a landline.  They can choose which… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Responsys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Responsys CEO Dan Springer. All 110 reviews posted anonymously by Responsys employees.