Responsys

Updated December 18, 2014
3.7

Responsys CEO Dan Springer
Dan Springer

Pros
  • The work life balance is also something that is good as well; the managers encourage that work stays at work (in 10 reviews)

• Get to work with some good people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc (in 3 reviews)

• I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

The great work environment and culture is fading.

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

CEO has great intentions and true open door policy. Some areas of the company still have a flexible start-up feeling, and show appreciation for good work ethic.

Cons

Middle management has high turnover and is not supportive of the employees on their teams. No middle ground between micromanagement and absent managers. It seems to be only one or the other.

Pay more attention to the morale of the people working directly with clients. Employee attitudes are a direct reflection of Responsys.

Great for beginners

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Responsys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A good place for someone starting in the online marketing industry.

Cons

At the time I worked there - the vision of the company was distracted by an inevitable acquisition. Hopefully, management will get more organized. The culture encourages omnipresence vs. balance.

Coming up on my 3 year anniversary at Responsys and the time has flown by!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow colleagues are in it to win it. Mutual respect and desire to success across all facets of the organization. There's a true sense of ownership at this company. In addition, the company continues to invest in securing top talent across product, marketing, sales, and engineering. We remain at the top of our game despite some competitors being acquired by larger SaaS firms.

Cons

Don't come to Responsys if you plan on just getting by. You need to be smart and put in some sweat equity to succeed here.

Continue to stay ahead of the curve. We operate in a very disruptive marketplace and must invest in our people, technology, and partnerships to remain on top.

Wonderful place to work, that is growing and profitable

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

lots of opportunity for growth within the company. My voice is heard to be able to influence change. we have the best employees in the world.

Cons

We need to keep hiring ahead of the curve.

Could be worse, but could be better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Downtown SF location is perfect, and Responsys really knows how to hire nice, hard-working and innovative people. For the most part, the team I work with is awesome. Good benefits, that continue to get even better.

Cons

Compensation leaves something to be desired. Salaries really need to be well negotiated up front, because any raises after initial hiring will be the bare minimum. Some promotions are in "title only". Responsys is a growing company, and hires a lot of senior level people, which can leave its current employees feeling passed over. Work/Life balance can be out of whack, and salaried employees who consistently work more than 40 hours per week, are not always acknowledged for their hard work.

Keep up the good work on growing a great company, but don't forget about your longtime employees.

We're a force to be reckoned with!

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Greatest office culture ever where ambitious results are always rewarded. Responsys is still growing and beating all the competition with our superior product and excellent service.

Lots of folks leaving other companies because the hours aren't long and the workload is manageable. New School Marketing works.

Revenue is always growing and everyone is trying to join us because we love profit! Many will apply but very few will get accepted. Only the best can be part of our success story.

Cons

We need more team building after office hours to keep up the momentum. Most of all, the wonderful reviews here are all real unlike many from our competitors (who are usually pressured by HQ to write good reviews).

Stay the course because we are winning the future!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Collaboration, teamwork, accountability, flexibility, fun, smartest people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Some growing pains due to rapid industry growth

keep hiring great talent

Good energy, good support from upper management

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary, decent hours, decent office environment, good coworkers, awesome upper management, really good benefits, snacks, CEO seems to genuinely care if people are happy at his company.

Cons

Small number of women in leadership, overworked campaign/QA/production staff, low number of perks for an SF tech company.

Focus on hiring for anticipated new business, throw in a couple of fun quirky perks, standardize processes across accounts.

Growing company, good people, lots of potential

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

Some very good people here. Good general benefits, and pay, not the highest, not the lowest. Willing to change things to make them better. Good growth potential within the company. Solid exec mgmt team. Lots of potential overall.

Cons

Could increase or add additional benefits to attract more talent. Slow to hire to remain ahead of the curve so there can be lots of long days/nights.

Ensure comp plans, benefits, and added bonuses are aligned to ensure you keep top talent and can attract more top talent.

Overworked Employees. No Growth Opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really nice coworkers that make it hard to leave behind.

Cons

VERY over worked employees. High level of dissatisfaction amongst employees. No growth opportunities. Company takes revenue and stock holders over employee happiness. High turn over in employees.

Responsys Photos