Responsys Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Excellent company to work for

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

The people are fantastic, some of the smartest I've ever worked with. The culture is customer-first, and you can tell how passionate everyone is about making the customer successful

Cons

Growth always comes with growing pains, sometimes I feel we could staff faster (although it's understandable hard to do)

Advice to Management

As a part of Oracle, continue the culture of respect, customer-first, and hard work!

Lively environment with can-do attitude

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful environment to work in. People are passionate about what they do. Everyone is willing to help and encourage one another. Start up feel

Cons

Being acquired by Oracle Not THAT much room for growth Median salaries Location of SF office Not much interaction between the offices

Advice to Management

Try to keep same start-up feel even though being acquired by Oracle

Great

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

Intelligent Coworkers, relatively stress free environment, learn a lot

Cons

Not a very developed culture

Great working environment in the corporate world.

Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee atmosphere, collaborative work environment, and plenty of room for growth. Company has strong value of work/life balance, including great outings and company sponsored activities.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive for comparable industry positions. Upcoming acquisition by Oracle is going to restrict some of the perks that are currently in place.

Business is set to grow, good culture for younger tech savvy people.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, culture, opportunities for promotion and growth. New learning opportunities are always around the corner. You'll definitely stay busy. Opportunities to work from home in many positions.

Cons

Project management and workflow is sometimes inconsistent. Slower than average to adopt new technologies and ideas. Culture subject to change and potential degradation as company grows larger.

Advice to Management

Streamline your communication process. Keep things relevant and straight forward.

Exceptional Learning Environment

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

- Great people who are always willing to help you solve a problem (as long as you are also -doing your homework and pulling your weight). - Very motivated company. Everyone is excited to be on the team and happy generally speaking - Work hard and promotions will come

Cons

- At times it can be difficult to get a resource lined up for a project. I feel this is due to the amount of new clients and the expansion of current clients coming in the door. Not a bad problem to have for a business however, its a little red tape that gets frustrating.

Advice to Management

Focus on the Sales handoff process in regards to knowledge transfer between Sales and Account Management team.

The great work environment and culture is fading.

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

CEO has great intentions and true open door policy. Some areas of the company still have a flexible start-up feeling, and show appreciation for good work ethic.

Cons

Middle management has high turnover and is not supportive of the employees on their teams. No middle ground between micromanagement and absent managers. It seems to be only one or the other.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the morale of the people working directly with clients. Employee attitudes are a direct reflection of Responsys.

9. Great for beginners

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good place for someone starting in the online marketing industry.

Cons

At the time I worked there - the vision of the company was distracted by an inevitable acquisition. Hopefully, management will get more organized. The culture encourages omnipresence vs. balance.

Could be worse, but could be better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Downtown SF location is perfect, and Responsys really knows how to hire nice, hard-working and innovative people. For the most part, the team I work with is awesome. Good benefits, that continue to get even better.

Cons

Compensation leaves something to be desired. Salaries really need to be well negotiated up front, because any raises after initial hiring will be the bare minimum. Some promotions are in "title only". Responsys is a growing company, and hires a lot of senior level people, which can leave its current employees feeling passed over. Work/Life balance can be out of whack, and salaried employees who consistently work more than 40 hours per week, are not always acknowledged for their hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on growing a great company, but don't forget about your longtime employees.

11. Coming up on my 3 year anniversary at Responsys and the time has flown by!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow colleagues are in it to win it. Mutual respect and desire to success across all facets of the organization. There's a true sense of ownership at this company. In addition, the company continues to invest in securing top talent across product, marketing, sales, and engineering. We remain at the top of our game despite some competitors being acquired by larger SaaS firms.

Cons

Don't come to Responsys if you plan on just getting by. You need to be smart and put in some sweat equity to succeed here.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay ahead of the curve. We operate in a very disruptive marketplace and must invest in our people, technology, and partnerships to remain on top.

RSS Feed </> Embed