Responsys

Updated December 18, 2014
3.7

Responsys CEO Dan Springer
Dan Springer

Pros
  • The work life balance is also something that is good as well; the managers encourage that work stays at work (in 10 reviews)

• Get to work with some good people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc (in 3 reviews)

• I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work!

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

people are amazing. so much upside. really cool space to work in also. cool vision that's relevant to what's happening in the world today.

Love it!

Cons

need more office space. growth so fast

get some more space. done a great job promoting from within and empowering really smart people-- keep it up!

Responsys has grown me as a professional and a person more than any other company I've worked for.

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

Responsys is a fast-paced powerhouse of learning and executing. Employees are counted on and made to feel important, because they are. Everyone has the same goal and that's to take the company to the next level. There's no room for selfish people at Responsys because of the camaraderie and teamwork instilled here.

Cons

If you're not a go-getter and a driven individual, you'll never make it at Responsys.

Continue to hire the best and brightest to continue the growth of this company.

My experience with Responsys has been on of continued learning, sharing, and growing both personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

The people at Responsys are great. Everyone, including upper management, is eager to help you learn and succeed. As a sales person I always have a great reason to reach out to prospects, whether it be the newest Forrester report, an amazing event we are hosting, or just simply being the top ESP in the Industry, I love the opportunities to help me sell here. I know that in the hot spot for technology companies, I am at one of the best!

Cons

I wish there were more efforts to drive more inbound leads.

Great work! I love the open door policy and knowing I can come to you with any questions!

Great to be a part of such an innovating company with the brightest individuals in the industry.

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

Imagine working with the brightest individuals in the industry, promoting the best product in the industry, for a company that is seeing incredible growth. That's the experience at Responsys.

Cons

When a company is growing at this rate, there are often some organizational issues that need to be fixed. The company has done a great job in adapting to change as we continue to grow as the leaders of our industry.

Best Place I have worked so far

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

In my role I am given the respect and trust to do my Job well. I am provided the flexibility to manage my own responsibilities at work and at home. Management and team members are consistent about always providing praise for a job well done and that makes you feel good when you are working hard. I have a good book of clients that lean on my for support in completing their goals. The job has been very rewarding in almost all areas. I have to say this has been the best place I have worked in my career and have referred several colleagues to Responsys since my inception. If you are looking to join a growing company thats is at the top of their Game Responsys is a great place to be.

Cons

Not enough desk space.
    Lacking some process for internal functions.
    Not clear on promotion levels.

Keep it coming.

Great company with great people and opportunities

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

Very relaxed and friendly work environment
    Competitive pay
    Management involvement in day-to-day operations
    Good communication from management on performance and career path
    Great work/life balance
    Co-workers are the best in the industry and highly intelligent
    Extremely competent senior management
    Defined vision within the marketplace for the company
    Great locations with ability to transfer

Cons

Fast growth can create workload issues
    Evolution from private to public company has added process
    Performance review process should be updated and standardized

Continue to be a world-class leadership team and make sure to reward top performers as you do today. The company has so much potential and there are so many invested in the overall success. Keep Responsys a fun and rewarding place to work, and the employees will continue to deliver.

Great company where your destiny is ultimately in your hands.

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

The people here are amazing. There's an high-level of mutual respect among co-workers. The environment is laid back and relaxed, even though many of us are busy beyond belief. Ultimately, you determine your success here. If you're willing to work harder and smarter than your colleagues, you'll generally be rewarded accordingly. No one is penalized for just "doing their job", but management clearly recognizes those who go "above and beyond".

Cons

It's tough to balance your work/personal life. Management will not stop from taking on too much work, so its up to you to manage your workload. Fortunately, no one is penalized for saying "no" when they've got enough on their plate. No matter how much I can talk this place up, at the end of the day, it's just like any other job and has it's problems.

Pay attention to what the people in the trenches and what the clients are saying. Some decisions are being made up in the ivory tower that do not align with what has made us successful to this point.

Fantastic company, with great product and great people

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

Best product in category
    Strong leadership, doing a great job scaling the company at an appropriate pace
    Incredibly bright people in every department
    Courteous co-workers
    Competitive spirit
    Opportunities for growth

Cons

Pay is in the middle of the bell curve and could be more aggressive

Keep doing what you're doing and look for opportunities for expansion. Invest in the people your value just a bit more. It will pay off.

My experience here has helped me grow professionally and gain new connections/friends.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Open, friendly environment filled with a lot of proactive individuals. People work until they get their projects complete but also know how to balance work and add a bit of team building into the mix.

Cons

It really depends on your manager. Since it was recently acquired earlier in the year, there has been some communication gaps.

Make sure your Directors are checking in with their team once in a while.

Great place to work

I have been working at Responsys (more than a year)

Pros

Interesting work , intelligent colleagues, fun workplace

Cons

Tiring schedules, release time can be stressful

Responsys Photos