Responsys Reviews

Updated August 22, 2014

3.9

Responsys CEO Dan Springer
Dan Springer

Pros
  • The work life balance is also something that is good as well; the managers encourage that work stays at work (in 10 reviews)

• Get to work with some good people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc (in 3 reviews)

• I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Team to help me out with Onboarding

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Development Representative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Responsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Responsys for 3 weeks now and I am very happy. Both my manager and my director were in constant contact with me even before I even started my position. This was nice and helped me feel comfortable coming in on my first day. My manager and team has been very attentive and answered all my questions about the material. I am very excited to continue to pursue my career here at Responsys.

Cons

I think that the on boarding handbook could use some fine tuning but aside from that I thought the on boarding has been great

Sr Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

friendly environment & nice working culture between peers. And helping teammates.

Cons

Communication gap between managers and engineers. Collaborative work & support is missing between sr. managers.

Build morale and confidence in the team.

Responsys is a great young company that is growing every day and provides a phenomenal work experience.

Current Employee - Campaign Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay
    A lot of opportunity
    Good management layer
    The best people in the industry
    Industry leader
    Great culture

Cons

Rapid growth can be a challenge
    A lot of new people every day
    Some teams operate in silos

Continue to focus on innovation and the people that do the work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing market, good company, good opportunities

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

Good opportunities to improve and modernize the product while learning new things in the process. People are friendly professional and smart.

Cons

A few people who don't understand innovation can be slow to approve new ideas resulting in bottlenecks that can stifle progress. This is changing but not as quickly as it should.

Be receptive to new thinking and remember good ideas can come from unexpected places.

Great team and on-boarding process

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

I have only been with Responsys 3 weeks and I can already say I have received some of the best training in my experience yet. My manager has worked closely with me since day 1 but has also given me the necessary space to learn and absorb the material. The company intranet itself offers a wealth of knowledge. It is a young, driven, and team oriented place to work. I feel like I have been here for years and am excited for my opportunity to grow within.

Cons

So far I have no complaints.

Great potential but too disorganized

Current Employee - Product Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits and salary are great. You get to work interact with some great clients and learn a lot about email marketing from a market leader.

Cons

Management is still trying to find its way and is disorganized. The company still has a lot of growing up to do. Lack of career development.

Since the company is so spread out and global, management needs to do a better job of providing a successful work environment for all types of employees.

Fast paced, growing company, lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Campaign Specialist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Compensation, room for growth

Cons

Need to keep pace with hiring

3 years in, this is still the best employment experience of my life

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are incredibly bright and enjoyable. This starts at the executive level, and is pervasive throughout the whole company. The quality of the people, which has always been great, continues to improve. Clients see a meaningful difference in the power of Responsys' relationship marketing capabilities, and pay a premium for those strengths.

The outlook for Responsys is excellent. The company is grabbing market share away from antiquated competitors in its core email marketing business, and is leveraging its strength in customer data management to apply its strength in targeting and personalization to emerging channels like display, mobile and social.

The company prefers to promote from within, so once you're onboard, the sky is the limit when it comes to career advancement.

Cons

Nothing significant comes to mind.

Accelerate investment in emerging channels. Maintain the culture and high standards for hiring.

Great internship

Current Employee - Business Development Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great people, lots of opportunities, easy to learn about whatever you want. The people are so helpful and genuinely want you to succeed here, and they will do whatever they can to get you where you need to go. Great location, stocked snack room, and occassional work events. I had a lot to talk about when interviewing for my next job, and they definitely have opportunities within the company with a high growth rate. The only reason I didn't stay was because the new job I found was much closer to home and I wouldn't have to take the train to the city everyday. The history of interns here is pretty incredible, most coming from top schools and either staying at the company or going to large organizations like Twitter.

Cons

My only con was the commute from the south bay, but everything else is great!

Fantastic people that will be your best friends if you want them to be

Current Employee - Professional Services  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Location, location, location. You can't get better than the location for the S.F. office. Very young group with lots of energy. You work way over 40 hours per week but you can learn all about email marketing. Work from home is allowed.

Cons

Very limited opportunity for career growth. Use this place as stepping stone to advance your career. Work two years and move on. Do not expect a high paying wage for the kind of work you do.

You need to take care of your people. Every since the company went public you have forgotten to pay salary increases across the board. There are some employees here that have not gotten a pay raise or promotion in three years.

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!