Restaurant Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffrey R. Kiesel

Be careful...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost coworkers are friendly, helpful. Certain departments are well managed and great to work for (call center, facilities).

ConsManagement could be better. Only concern is the bottom line - and they don't care about how decisions affect employees. In the past 6 months, there were layoffs and most of IT and HR is outsourced.

There is NO work/life balance. Management expects all employees to do the work of 2 or more people and no matter how hard you try - if you don't keep up with their unrealistic timelines, you're out the door.

Only group that ever receives recognition is the sales team - even when they don't make plan. No other group receives recognition or training. No opportunities to develop within career. Very limited opportunities to move up.

Beware if you consider joining. It all seems great in the beginning...and then you go from hero to zero over night.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't ignore their suggestions or ideas. Just because it's not a problem for you, doesn't mean it's not for your employees.

Invest in your employees. Train more people than just sales. Make it a place where someone finds more than just a job - they find a career.

And find someone to lead your IT department. It's painfully obvious there is no leadership and no common direction. And again, invest in the department. Give them the tools to do what you tell customers they can do.

Beware!

Service Manager (Current Employee)

Prosworking with some really good people, including some in our corporate office. flexible i.e. being able to come in & take off when you need to, but see below

Conswhile you can work a flexible schedule, you're always on call, it doesn't matter what day, hour, holiday, you WILL be working even when not at the office. you constantly hear that the sky is falling i.e. we aren't profitable enough. truth be told, our CEO is an idiot. we were bought out 3 years ago with the goal of growing the company then selling it, nothing wrong with that, but our CEO is incompetent as evidenced by his "business plan", leadership style - (don't question anything!) and continuing bungling judgment. his advice to a company survey saying we don't have enough employees to do most jobs? "you'll have to work long hours and more days". He brought in a consultant a few years ago who was as dumb as him and helped cripple the company, to which we still haven't recovered. He forced out the guy who founded the company, and announced it in a very short email late on a Friday afternoon. He promotes a brownnosing & incompetent atmosphere, and surrounds himself with like minded fools. The emperor has no clothes! (and no common sense)

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time for a change at the top. The buck is suppose to stop with the top person, but lord knows it's never his fault. Time to be a real man - admit you have failed as a CEO, and resign.

Work is life...life is work...balance? What's that?

(Former Employee) Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

ProsThe people. All want, or at least wanted to make the company something special. A CEO who is focused on his stock options is destroying what was once great about the company.

Cons"You Matter", "I'm All In", RTICares. All tag lines used to communicate to the organization. What matters is the sales team...only because that is the only business unit the CEO understands. Investments are made here, however the support teams in Operations and Corporate services are understaffed and overworked. Outsourcing is becoming more prevalent, with downsizing seen in HR and in IT. It'[s sad because a couple years ago employee engagement and morale was through the roof. Today, constant infighting, politics and resentment have led to attrition and loss of key resources. The company is imploding, financially and intelecturally. The smart employees will realize that "they matter and RTI does not". The right employees will realize that they are "all in" in looking for a new job. And...RTICares? About stock options and short term gains before the company is sold and the exec team cashes out and leaves the trainwreck of a company.

Read all the other reviews. It is truly a sad story and the leader is to blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease recognized that Jeff Kiesel is not the leader this company needs. Leanne Branham should be in this role as she gets operations and RTI fundamentally is an operations organization. Public speaking - Kiesel stumbles through his notes and cue cards...how hard is it.? Look to Copeland as to what good is. Get to know your employees. Talk about something other than your football days, or your kids in private schools. Do you know how hard your employees have it with the hours and demands you put on them? Empathize with them, relate to them, work with them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The tides have changed

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsAt the time great income. Outstanding training for sales rep. A strong sense of support from RM from 2006 to 2011. The best annual meeting.

ConsIn 2012 new style of management very cut throat. Bonus were made hard & hard to get. No support from upper management. Lack of support getting city permits for installs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better.

Prepare to work!

Corporate (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsMost of the Corporate people are approachable. The local depot employees are great.

Consno match 401k,some micro managing

Advice to Senior ManagementThe local Technicians work hard, they deserve to be rewarded.

My time served

Manager (Former Employee) Mendota Heights, MN

ProsGrowing company and primarily with employees under 50. Decent pay, but bad 401K with not match. Flexible with work/home life balance.

ConsOften a "my way or the highway" type of vib from leaders. Promotions often appeared to be based on favoritism, not necessarily accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your human capital and truly listen. Truly caring and having authenticity in your approach can do wonders for the culture.

use to be great! mediocre now

Master Service Technician (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prospay is not bad. good teammates(drivers,techs)

Consmanagement(upper-mid-lower) demands much more than gives back. merits and seniority means nothing. constantly issues even w/40hrs work week. misleading on paid holydays routine and pto. management-- nothing but brownnosers. whoever speaks up-*you are fired!*.micromanagement gallore. bunch of opportunists and deletantsin the corporate office. current policies discourage to work hard and efficient. current ceo w/ top management want to sell out company only in mind to fill they own pockets****my current location is not in Cincinnati--for security reasons*****

Advice to Senior Managementstand for your team/crew. have some cahonnes. corporate is NOT always right

Horrible training

Service Manager (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsPlease stay away from this company...

ConsPlease spend some money on training

Advice to Senior ManagementPoint out the elephant in the room

Smoke & Mirrors... Terrible Company - No life balance!!!

Service Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDecent Benefits, fair pay... that's it

ConsYou have no life if you work for this company - the 24/7 on call is all that and more. If you live alone and have no life then this is your place. They cry they don't have money. That we are doing badly, below performance... basically everything you do sucks. On the other hand they are making big bucks. Lay-off's are rampant even right before Christmas - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! AVOID WORKING FOR THEM IF YOU CAN!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't manage a company like chicken little crying that the sky is falling when it's not. This is a bullsh*t company.

Good company gone bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay was fair, employees at the depot level were great to work with, we all got along and worked together.

ConsCorporate was controlling, micro managing. they did not trust there own employees. If you spoke your mind you are considered " not engaged". Very unhealthy enviroment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your managers manage the business, learn how to trust people. Stop expecting unrealistic expectations and holding people accountable for it. Was great place to work until 2009.

Worked for Restaurant Technologies? Contribute to the Community!