Restaurant Technologies

Add Photos

Jeffrey R. Kiesel

Very Happy

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time

ProsGood group of people to work with. They really stand behind their culture of doing the right things. I'm not sure what others may expect out of a job, but RTI treats people fairly.

ConsThe hours can be long and work is coming in 24/7. You're also going to be wearing a lot of hats and jumping from one task to the next - spreading yourself pretty thin at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating - keep getting better and faster.

If you care about representing a solution you can stand behind, RTI is the place to be.

NAS (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsRobust solutions for the food industry
Amazing client base and room for growth
Talented, engaged and smart teammates
Access to Top Management
Transparency and Accountability at all levels of the organization

ConsA growing company will have growing pains- flexibility is critical to you doing well here
Sometimes communication doesn't make it everywhere it needs to go the first time around, but it will eventually get there
Matrix organization is interesting and can be a challenge to navigate if you have not been in one before

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on providing the support and tools to let us sales people grow the business.
Keep generating ideas for improvement and implementing- it is great to see us moving and penetrating those key accounts!

Very good experience cut very short without knowledge.

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsExtremely progressive company with excellent benefits and pay for employees. A lot of autonomy is given and there is a huge focus on employee contribution to progress the company. There is a lot of room allowed for new ideas as long as they are presented well.

ConsRemote employees can feel disengaged due to not always knowing what is going on at the corporate office. There can be a tendency for management to listen to tenured employees vs rookies. My only complaint is one particular employee was a bad seed and was complained about by many yet he is viewed as a leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and allow all employees to have a voice, not just those that are tenured.

Be careful...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

ProsMost coworkers are friendly, helpful. Certain departments are well managed and great to work for (call center, facilities).

ConsManagement could be better. Only concern is the bottom line - and they don't care about how decisions affect employees. In the past 6 months, there were layoffs and most of IT and HR is outsourced.

There is NO work/life balance. Management expects all employees to do the work of 2 or more people and no matter how hard you try - if you don't keep up with their unrealistic timelines, you're out the door.

Only group that ever receives recognition is the sales team - even when they don't make plan. No other group receives recognition or training. No opportunities to develop within career. Very limited opportunities to move up.

Beware if you consider joining. It all seems great in the beginning...and then you go from hero to zero over night.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't ignore their suggestions or ideas. Just because it's not a problem for you, doesn't mean it's not for your employees.

Invest in your employees. Train more people than just sales. Make it a place where someone finds more than just a job - they find a career.

And find someone to lead your IT department. It's painfully obvious there is no leadership and no common direction. And again, invest in the department. Give them the tools to do what you tell customers they can do.

The tides have changed

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAt the time great income. Outstanding training for sales rep. A strong sense of support from RM from 2006 to 2011. The best annual meeting.

ConsIn 2012 new style of management very cut throat. Bonus were made hard & hard to get. No support from upper management. Lack of support getting city permits for installs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better.

Prepare to work!

Corporate (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMost of the Corporate people are approachable. The local depot employees are great.

Consno match 401k,some micro managing

Advice to Senior ManagementThe local Technicians work hard, they deserve to be rewarded.

My time served

Manager (Former Employee)
Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGrowing company and primarily with employees under 50. Decent pay, but bad 401K with not match. Flexible with work/home life balance.

ConsOften a "my way or the highway" type of vib from leaders. Promotions often appeared to be based on favoritism, not necessarily accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your human capital and truly listen. Truly caring and having authenticity in your approach can do wonders for the culture.

If you dont have a degree and you dont plan on getting one, work here.

Service Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

Prosmost a the people are nice, they love you to ask questions so you can get on the road on your own.

Conseverybody thinks your going to quit the next day. you dont know if its going to be a 8 hour days or a 12 hour day.

Advice to Senior Managementpay your techs more and maybe they wont turn over so fast. Dont hire over qualified people. create a standard for your techs. some just do what ever they want to do.

No Job Security

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

ProsA good concept for restaurants that fry a large amount of food. They have a patent on what they do until 2011. The salaries are competitive for the industry.

ConsDeception is most aspects of the business. Some sales people do whatever it takes to get the sale without going through the contracts with the restaurant owners in full detail. The management is poor at times and are very disgruntled. The pay plan changes almost quarterly and layoffs will happen with no warning. It is also very difficult to get in touch with corporate if you need help

Advice to Senior Managementbe thankful you still have a job

It's more of a job, not a career.

Driver (Current Employee)
Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

ProsFair but not great benefits. This is especially true if you are single. After 1 year you are given up to 3 weeks of vacation and 10 paid holidays.

ConsThe biggest down side is being on call. There is no compensation for being on call other than the hours that you actually work. Most places that do this type of work will receive some type of bonus in addition to the pay for hours worked just for the inconvenience or ruining your weekend. Also, the starting pay in not that much and on top of that the raises that you can expect probably will not even come close to keeping up with the cost of living. The 401 plan is also a joke. They have a performance based match that will only match 20 cents on the dollar for every dollar that you contribute up to 4% of your pay. This of course, is only if their target goals for the year are met. So it is quit possible that you may not get any match at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people a decent wage and compensate them fairly for the inconvenience of being on call.

Worked for Restaurant Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Restaurant Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Restaurant Technologies CEO Jeffrey R. Kiesel. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Restaurant Technologies employees.