Restaurant Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffrey R. Kiesel

Horrible training

Service Manager (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsPlease stay away from this company...

ConsPlease spend some money on training

Advice to Senior ManagementPoint out the elephant in the room

Smoke & Mirrors... Terrible Company - No life balance!!!

Service Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent Benefits, fair pay... that's it

ConsYou have no life if you work for this company - the 24/7 on call is all that and more. If you live alone and have no life then this is your place. They cry they don't have money. That we are doing badly, below performance... basically everything you do sucks. On the other hand they are making big bucks. Lay-off's are rampant even right before Christmas - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! AVOID WORKING FOR THEM IF YOU CAN!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't manage a company like chicken little crying that the sky is falling when it's not. This is a bullsh*t company.

Watch Your Back

Master Service Technician (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIn the beginning it was a great company to work for, But everything changed once the founder left, and the company was being run by the current ceo.

ConsAs as service tech we worked Long irregular hours, 50-70 per week. Time off between shifts sometimes was only 5 hours. Our tools were inadequate to properly perform the job. The equipment installed was substandard. We were forced to be on call without being compensated for it. Management has no loyalty to the employees, local management is deceptive and mistreats employees and Upper Management and Corporate let it happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better, and do a better job of hiring your managers. I worked for you for 10 years and my record was impeccable. But I was fired because of blatant lies told by the new service manager. When I called corporate no one would take my call, and when I did finally get thru I was told there was nothing they can do.

What have you done for me lately attitude

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

ProsThey will have periodic bbq's and give small bonuses of $50 or so as rewards.

ConsThey will fire anyone from those low to those high in the company very arbitrarily with no loyalty or regard for the individual whatsoever. They have a very "what have you done for me lately" attitude and their promises and words mean little to nothing - get it in writing and watch your back. Upper management is cut throat.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees in which you invest so much time and money and establish realistic and achievable company goals.

use to be great! mediocre now

Master Service Technician (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Prospay is not bad. good teammates(drivers,techs)

Consmanagement(upper-mid-lower) demands much more than gives back. merits and seniority means nothing. constantly issues even w/40hrs work week. misleading on paid holydays routine and pto. management-- nothing but brownnosers. whoever speaks up-*you are fired!*.micromanagement gallore. bunch of opportunists and deletantsin the corporate office. current policies discourage to work hard and efficient. current ceo w/ top management want to sell out company only in mind to fill they own pockets****my current location is not in Cincinnati--for security reasons*****

Advice to Senior Managementstand for your team/crew. have some cahonnes. corporate is NOT always right

Good company gone bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

ProsPay was fair, employees at the depot level were great to work with, we all got along and worked together.

ConsCorporate was controlling, micro managing. they did not trust there own employees. If you spoke your mind you are considered " not engaged". Very unhealthy enviroment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your managers manage the business, learn how to trust people. Stop expecting unrealistic expectations and holding people accountable for it. Was great place to work until 2009.

loved the customer contact

Master Driver (Current Employee)
Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

Prosgrowing company, good pay , vacation days, 4 day work week. lots of overtime. good co workers. and clean trucks.and being by yourself .

Consworking in the cold, snow trying ti pull waste oil. working for someone that doesnt appreciate the long hours. working for someone that doesnt put in a whole works and has other people do his work. working for someone that comes to work in his pja's. working for someone that expects so much out of his workers and so little from himself

Advice to Senior Managementwaukesha employees are good people. manager brings everybody down. makes job security a daily thing. never feel safe. management change needed there.

RTI - Had great potential!

General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

ProsRestaurant Technologies Inc has a unique service offering with contracts with multiple national companies bringing a certain amount of stability to the company.

ConsThe turnover has been very high by any standard over the last three years. The pay is below comparable positions in similar companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are your most valuable asset. Start treating these like they are and you will finally see the company achieve it targets.

Be careful...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

ProsMost coworkers are friendly, helpful. Certain departments are well managed and great to work for (call center, facilities).

ConsManagement could be better. Only concern is the bottom line - and they don't care about how decisions affect employees. In the past 6 months, there were layoffs and most of IT and HR is outsourced.

There is NO work/life balance. Management expects all employees to do the work of 2 or more people and no matter how hard you try - if you don't keep up with their unrealistic timelines, you're out the door.

Only group that ever receives recognition is the sales team - even when they don't make plan. No other group receives recognition or training. No opportunities to develop within career. Very limited opportunities to move up.

Beware if you consider joining. It all seems great in the beginning...and then you go from hero to zero over night.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't ignore their suggestions or ideas. Just because it's not a problem for you, doesn't mean it's not for your employees.

Invest in your employees. Train more people than just sales. Make it a place where someone finds more than just a job - they find a career.

And find someone to lead your IT department. It's painfully obvious there is no leadership and no common direction. And again, invest in the department. Give them the tools to do what you tell customers they can do.

The tides have changed

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAt the time great income. Outstanding training for sales rep. A strong sense of support from RM from 2006 to 2011. The best annual meeting.

ConsIn 2012 new style of management very cut throat. Bonus were made hard & hard to get. No support from upper management. Lack of support getting city permits for installs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better.

Worked for Restaurant Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Restaurant Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Restaurant Technologies CEO Jeffrey R. Kiesel. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Restaurant Technologies employees.