Restaurant Technologies Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Jeffrey R. Kiesel

Far from the days of best places to work...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The first year or so seemed like a great office environment, a real team attitude where you felt appreciated and part of "the family."

Cons

The leadership has no idea how to keep good talent at the company. The office has turned very toxic and breeds resentment. Salaries are terrible unless you are an under-performing manager in sales. There's too much of an "old boys club" mentality there.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs some fresh faces with new perspective. Clearly Sales needs a new approach to success and needs to stop rewarding poor performance just because you're "buddies."

Bullies, politics, lies and deception

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High energy, get you drinking the cool-aide. Appear professional and well run from the outside. Attempt at training was solid, but execution and consistency once in the field were not the experience most would say they have had. The last few years some very talented and young leaders brought in; most seem to have left already; those that are remaining should be the future of the company.

Cons

Incestuous leadership at the top. Consistent non-performers stay in high level sales leadership roles, only looking out for themselves and openly talking about their compensation package and equity in the company. No team work once you leave corporate offices; great ideas always go to someone else and failure always on the lower level, newer staff. One of the most senior but most toxic sales "leaders" has not shame in hiding behind his friendship with CEO and uses that to bully others.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, be who you say you are as it pertains to culture and values. Get rid of the toxic sales leaders who've been there too long. It costs less in attrition than whatever retirement buy out it costs for the old gaurd. I know of one senior manager who had the highest level of turnover in his region, yet he keeps his position based on success from 3-4 years ago. It's costing the company more to hire and retrain new employees than it would to let him go and hire right from the get go.

3. Not the right company for me

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

Ability to make your own schedule and meet business owners and executives

Cons

Not a very strong training and growth structure. Leadership comes and goes and so do sales reps.
    They have a show me attitude and never tske responsibility as a company for mismanagement, lack of training, or not so kind politics.

Advice to Management

New leadership is needed to create a company with long term happy employees. Right now it is more of a leave and replace mantality. Everyone is replaceable instead of working with them to succeed.

Work is life...life is work...balance? What's that?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. All want, or at least wanted to make the company something special. A CEO who is focused on his stock options is destroying what was once great about the company.

Cons

"You Matter", "I'm All In", RTICares. All tag lines used to communicate to the organization. What matters is the sales team...only because that is the only business unit the CEO understands. Investments are made here, however the support teams in Operations and Corporate services are understaffed and overworked. Outsourcing is becoming more prevalent, with downsizing seen in HR and in IT. It'[s sad because a couple years ago employee engagement and morale was through the roof. Today, constant infighting, politics and resentment have led to attrition and loss of key resources. The company is imploding, financially and intelecturally. The smart employees will realize that "they matter and RTI does not". The right employees will realize that they are "all in" in looking for a new job. And...RTICares? About stock options and short term gains before the company is sold and the exec team cashes out and leaves the trainwreck of a company.

Read all the other reviews. It is truly a sad story and the leader is to blame.

Advice to Management

Please recognized that Jeff Kiesel is not the leader this company needs. Leanne Branham should be in this role as she gets operations and RTI fundamentally is an operations organization. Public speaking - Kiesel stumbles through his notes and cue cards...how hard is it.? Look to Copeland as to what good is. Get to know your employees. Talk about something other than your football days, or your kids in private schools. Do you know how hard your employees have it with the hours and demands you put on them? Empathize with them, relate to them, work with them.

6. Horrible training

Current Employee - Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Please stay away from this company...

Cons

Please spend some money on training

Advice to Management

Point out the elephant in the room

Smoke & Mirrors... Terrible Company - No life balance!!!

Current Employee - Service Manager
    Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Benefits, fair pay... that's it

Cons

You have no life if you work for this company - the 24/7 on call is all that and more. If you live alone and have no life then this is your place. They cry they don't have money. That we are doing badly, below performance... basically everything you do sucks. On the other hand they are making big bucks. Lay-off's are rampant even right before Christmas - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! AVOID WORKING FOR THEM IF YOU CAN!!!

Advice to Management

Don't manage a company like chicken little crying that the sky is falling when it's not. This is a bullsh*t company.

Watch Your Back

Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the beginning it was a great company to work for, But everything changed once the founder left, and the company was being run by the current ceo.

Cons

As as service tech we worked Long irregular hours, 50-70 per week. Time off between shifts sometimes was only 5 hours. Our tools were inadequate to properly perform the job. The equipment installed was substandard. We were forced to be on call without being compensated for it. Management has no loyalty to the employees, local management is deceptive and mistreats employees and Upper Management and Corporate let it happen.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, and do a better job of hiring your managers. I worked for you for 10 years and my record was impeccable. But I was fired because of blatant lies told by the new service manager. When I called corporate no one would take my call, and when I did finally get thru I was told there was nothing they can do.

What have you done for me lately attitude

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

They will have periodic bbq's and give small bonuses of $50 or so as rewards.

Cons

They will fire anyone from those low to those high in the company very arbitrarily with no loyalty or regard for the individual whatsoever. They have a very "what have you done for me lately" attitude and their promises and words mean little to nothing - get it in writing and watch your back. Upper management is cut throat.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees in which you invest so much time and money and establish realistic and achievable company goals.

It's Been Nice - here's your severance - So Long!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time at RTI for several years. There was a huge disconnect at the top and rivalry between the founder and CEO. It wasn't pretty and made for an uncomfortable work environment. The community outreach and all it's introductory initiatives happened during my tenure. It appears they still value the community and help out those less fortunate. The pay was good as were the benefits, but respect deteriorated during my tenure.

Cons

I was blind to what was going on behind closed doors, even though I worked relatively closely to those at the top. I saw numerous "excellent" employees suddenly termed for no good reason. In my opinion, once a decision was made to get rid of you, there was no turning back. Many good employees at various levels in the company were moving on to their next journey - with a moments notice. Then it was my turn to go…yet I hadn't received a bad review, any warnings, any developmental areas to work on, etc. I fought for my job, but it didn't matter. I was going to be given another "entry level" job at the same pay…HUM, how does that work? I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, but continued to work until they found a New Me! Meanwhile, the work environment was less than professional and I continued to get no good, real reason for the change. After several months of looking for the new me, it happened. A replacement waltzed in over 23 years younger than me and this baby boomer took the proverbial hike!

Advice to Management

Ethics, respect, and a great work environment have been slowly been tossed by the wayside. The narcissist at the top, needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and get over himself! Try running the company by yourself - it wouldn't work!

11. Service Manager

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

Challenging workplace, good people at local levels

Cons

Constant changes in management, aging fleet

Advice to Management

Invest in delivery trucks, find a way to retain quality people

RSS Feed </> Embed