Restaurant Technologies

Updated October 16, 2014
Updated October 16, 2014
2.7

Jeffrey R. Kiesel

Work is life...life is work...balance? What's that?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people. All want, or at least wanted to make the company something special. A CEO who is focused on his stock options is destroying what was once great about the company.

Cons

"You Matter", "I'm All In", RTICares. All tag lines used to communicate to the organization. What matters is the sales team...only because that is the only business unit the CEO understands. Investments are made here, however the support teams in Operations and Corporate services are understaffed and overworked. Outsourcing is becoming more prevalent, with downsizing seen in HR and in IT. It'[s sad because a couple years ago employee engagement and morale was through the roof. Today, constant infighting, politics and resentment have led to attrition and loss of key resources. The company is imploding, financially and intelecturally. The smart employees will realize that "they matter and RTI does not". The right employees will realize that they are "all in" in looking for a new job. And...RTICares? About stock options and short term gains before the company is sold and the exec team cashes out and leaves the trainwreck of a company.

Read all the other reviews. It is truly a sad story and the leader is to blame.

Please recognized that Jeff Kiesel is not the leader this company needs. Leanne Branham should be in this role as she gets operations and RTI fundamentally is an operations organization. Public speaking - Kiesel stumbles through his notes and cue cards...how hard is it.? Look to Copeland as to what good is. Get to know your employees. Talk about something other than your football days, or your kids in private schools. Do you know how hard your employees have it with the hours and demands you put on them? Empathize with them, relate to them, work with them.

Horrible training

Current Employee - Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Please stay away from this company...

Cons

Please spend some money on training

Point out the elephant in the room

Smoke & Mirrors... Terrible Company - No life balance!!!

Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent Benefits, fair pay... that's it

Cons

You have no life if you work for this company - the 24/7 on call is all that and more. If you live alone and have no life then this is your place. They cry they don't have money. That we are doing badly, below performance... basically everything you do sucks. On the other hand they are making big bucks. Lay-off's are rampant even right before Christmas - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! AVOID WORKING FOR THEM IF YOU CAN!!!

Don't manage a company like chicken little crying that the sky is falling when it's not. This is a bullsh*t company.

Watch Your Back

Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In the beginning it was a great company to work for, But everything changed once the founder left, and the company was being run by the current ceo.

Cons

As as service tech we worked Long irregular hours, 50-70 per week. Time off between shifts sometimes was only 5 hours. Our tools were inadequate to properly perform the job. The equipment installed was substandard. We were forced to be on call without being compensated for it. Management has no loyalty to the employees, local management is deceptive and mistreats employees and Upper Management and Corporate let it happen.

Treat your employees better, and do a better job of hiring your managers. I worked for you for 10 years and my record was impeccable. But I was fired because of blatant lies told by the new service manager. When I called corporate no one would take my call, and when I did finally get thru I was told there was nothing they can do.

What have you done for me lately attitude

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

They will have periodic bbq's and give small bonuses of $50 or so as rewards.

Cons

They will fire anyone from those low to those high in the company very arbitrarily with no loyalty or regard for the individual whatsoever. They have a very "what have you done for me lately" attitude and their promises and words mean little to nothing - get it in writing and watch your back. Upper management is cut throat.

Appreciate your employees in which you invest so much time and money and establish realistic and achievable company goals.

Beware!

Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

working with some really good people, including some in our corporate office. flexible i.e. being able to come in & take off when you need to, but see below

Cons

while you can work a flexible schedule, you're always on call, it doesn't matter what day, hour, holiday, you WILL be working even when not at the office. you constantly hear that the sky is falling i.e. we aren't profitable enough. truth be told, our CEO is an idiot. we were bought out 3 years ago with the goal of growing the company then selling it, nothing wrong with that, but our CEO is incompetent as evidenced by his "business plan", leadership style - (don't question anything!) and continuing bungling judgment. his advice to a company survey saying we don't have enough employees to do most jobs? "you'll have to work long hours and more days". He brought in a consultant a few years ago who was as dumb as him and helped cripple the company, to which we still haven't recovered. He forced out the guy who founded the company, and announced it in a very short email late on a Friday afternoon. He promotes a brownnosing & incompetent atmosphere, and surrounds himself with like minded fools. The emperor has no clothes! (and no common sense)

It's time for a change at the top. The buck is suppose to stop with the top person, but lord knows it's never his fault. Time to be a real man - admit you have failed as a CEO, and resign.

use to be great! mediocre now

Current Employee - Master Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Master Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

pay is not bad. good teammates(drivers,techs)

Cons

management(upper-mid-lower) demands much more than gives back. merits and seniority means nothing. constantly issues even w/40hrs work week. misleading on paid holydays routine and pto. management-- nothing but brownnosers. whoever speaks up-*you are fired!*.micromanagement gallore. bunch of opportunists and deletantsin the corporate office. current policies discourage to work hard and efficient. current ceo w/ top management want to sell out company only in mind to fill they own pockets****my current location is not in Cincinnati--for security reasons*****

stand for your team/crew. have some cahonnes. corporate is NOT always right

Good company gone bad

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

Pay was fair, employees at the depot level were great to work with, we all got along and worked together.

Cons

Corporate was controlling, micro managing. they did not trust there own employees. If you spoke your mind you are considered " not engaged". Very unhealthy enviroment.

Let your managers manage the business, learn how to trust people. Stop expecting unrealistic expectations and holding people accountable for it. Was great place to work until 2009.

loved the customer contact

Current Employee - Master Driver in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Master Driver in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

growing company, good pay , vacation days, 4 day work week. lots of overtime. good co workers. and clean trucks.and being by yourself .

Cons

working in the cold, snow trying ti pull waste oil. working for someone that doesnt appreciate the long hours. working for someone that doesnt put in a whole works and has other people do his work. working for someone that comes to work in his pja's. working for someone that expects so much out of his workers and so little from himself

waukesha employees are good people. manager brings everybody down. makes job security a daily thing. never feel safe. management change needed there.

RTI - Had great potential!

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

Restaurant Technologies Inc has a unique service offering with contracts with multiple national companies bringing a certain amount of stability to the company.

Cons

The turnover has been very high by any standard over the last three years. The pay is below comparable positions in similar companies.

Your employees are your most valuable asset. Start treating these like they are and you will finally see the company achieve it targets.