Restaurant Technologies Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Jeffrey R. Kiesel

It's Been Nice - here's your severance - So Long!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time at RTI for several years. There was a huge disconnect at the top and rivalry between the founder and CEO. It wasn't pretty and made for an uncomfortable work environment. The community outreach and all it's introductory initiatives happened during my tenure. It appears they still value the community and help out those less fortunate. The pay was good as were the benefits, but respect deteriorated during my tenure.

Cons

I was blind to what was going on behind closed doors, even though I worked relatively closely to those at the top. I saw numerous "excellent" employees suddenly termed for no good reason. In my opinion, once a decision was made to get rid of you, there was no turning back. Many good employees at various levels in the company were moving on to their next journey - with a moments notice. Then it was my turn to go…yet I hadn't received a bad review, any warnings, any developmental areas to work on, etc. I fought for my job, but it didn't matter. I was going to be given another "entry level" job at the same pay…HUM, how does that work? I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, but continued to work until they found a New Me! Meanwhile, the work environment was less than professional and I continued to get no good, real reason for the change. After several months of looking for the new me, it happened. A replacement waltzed in over 23 years younger than me and this baby boomer took the proverbial hike!

Advice to Management

Ethics, respect, and a great work environment have been slowly been tossed by the wayside. The narcissist at the top, needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and get over himself! Try running the company by yourself - it wouldn't work!

2. Good place to work

Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, flexibility, growing company, management support, benefits and wellness program

Cons

My commute is the only issue I have

3. Service Manager

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

Challenging workplace, good people at local levels

Cons

Constant changes in management, aging fleet

Advice to Management

Invest in delivery trucks, find a way to retain quality people

5. RAS

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Innovative and growing.

Cons

Hard to balance work and home life.

6. not for everyone. great product.

I worked at Restaurant Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

-excellent corporate support team & unity (if you are at corporate)
    -friendly coworkers and fairly good culture
    -environment allows you to take control and get involved if you ask or just do it... it's respected

this is a sales opportunity for a self-starter, someone used to or aware of how to keep your head down and work on your own

you succeed best by understanding operations, and not becoming a singular sales person who only sells and then passes off

Cons

work life balance is hard to maintain bc you coach customers to call a call center but they do not, and when they do they don't get assistance from operations or call center and still come back to you. you work from home when not in the field, but if you don't prioritize or control your schedule well you will drive forever, or not be productive.

customer retention is slipping

this is a long sales cycle. you need about 3-6 months to build a pipeline and be are that a sale cycle can take up to 6 months on average

Advice to Management

add bodies: 1 sales person for 250 miles is not penetrated enough. account specialists should all be SMEs and not secondary assistants. hie equally aggressive specialists as you do account managers but clearly define the roles as non-competing.

continue to improve operations and response times

use training documents / videos, and make it a standard way of life that all contracts include a set service plan

7. good company and easy work. cerritos ca

Former Employee - Deliverie Driver in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Deliverie Driver in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

supervisor its a great person , you only work 3 days a week , easy work and you drive different route every night.

Cons

do not trust the master drivers , they are not honest, they are hypocrites, they drew no dirty oil just to finish the route early in 7 or 8 hours and they placed 14 hours on paperwork .they cancel deliveries because they have to connect two extensions hoses. amazing how allow them to do that for years.

Advice to Management

you need GPS on trucks, master drivers steal hours from the company, new drivers had to do the work they don't do.

8. Mangement

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

Innovative, growth company with great culture and upward potential.

Cons

Challenges associated with fast growth

Far from the days of best places to work...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The first year or so seemed like a great office environment, a real team attitude where you felt appreciated and part of "the family."

Cons

The leadership has no idea how to keep good talent at the company. The office has turned very toxic and breeds resentment. Salaries are terrible unless you are an under-performing manager in sales. There's too much of an "old boys club" mentality there.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs some fresh faces with new perspective. Clearly Sales needs a new approach to success and needs to stop rewarding poor performance just because you're "buddies."

10. Good Company. The best at what they do.

Current Employee - National Account Specialist
    Current Employee - National Account Specialist

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

Good Pay. Team atmosphere and culture are great.

Cons

Health benefits aren't good. A lot of travel...but that is just part of the job.

Bullies, politics, lies and deception

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High energy, get you drinking the cool-aide. Appear professional and well run from the outside. Attempt at training was solid, but execution and consistency once in the field were not the experience most would say they have had. The last few years some very talented and young leaders brought in; most seem to have left already; those that are remaining should be the future of the company.

Cons

Incestuous leadership at the top. Consistent non-performers stay in high level sales leadership roles, only looking out for themselves and openly talking about their compensation package and equity in the company. No team work once you leave corporate offices; great ideas always go to someone else and failure always on the lower level, newer staff. One of the most senior but most toxic sales "leaders" has not shame in hiding behind his friendship with CEO and uses that to bully others.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, be who you say you are as it pertains to culture and values. Get rid of the toxic sales leaders who've been there too long. It costs less in attrition than whatever retirement buy out it costs for the old gaurd. I know of one senior manager who had the highest level of turnover in his region, yet he keeps his position based on success from 3-4 years ago. It's costing the company more to hire and retrain new employees than it would to let him go and hire right from the get go.

RSS Feed </> Embed