Restaurant Technologies

Jeffrey R. Kiesel

My time served

Former Employee - Manager in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company and primarily with employees under 50. Decent pay, but bad 401K with not match. Flexible with work/home life balance.

Cons

Often a "my way or the highway" type of vib from leaders. Promotions often appeared to be based on favoritism, not necessarily accomplishments.

Appreciate your human capital and truly listen. Truly caring and having authenticity in your approach can do wonders for the culture.

use to be great! mediocre now

Current Employee - Master Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Master Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

pay is not bad. good teammates(drivers,techs)

Cons

management(upper-mid-lower) demands much more than gives back. merits and seniority means nothing. constantly issues even w/40hrs work week. misleading on paid holydays routine and pto. management-- nothing but brownnosers. whoever speaks up-*you are fired!*.micromanagement gallore. bunch of opportunists and deletantsin the corporate office. current policies discourage to work hard and efficient. current ceo w/ top management want to sell out company only in mind to fill they own pockets****my current location is not in Cincinnati--for security reasons*****

stand for your team/crew. have some cahonnes. corporate is NOT always right

Horrible training

Current Employee - Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Please stay away from this company...

Cons

Please spend some money on training

Point out the elephant in the room

Smoke & Mirrors... Terrible Company - No life balance!!!

Current Employee - Service Manager
    Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent Benefits, fair pay... that's it

Cons

You have no life if you work for this company - the 24/7 on call is all that and more. If you live alone and have no life then this is your place. They cry they don't have money. That we are doing badly, below performance... basically everything you do sucks. On the other hand they are making big bucks. Lay-off's are rampant even right before Christmas - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! AVOID WORKING FOR THEM IF YOU CAN!!!

Don't manage a company like chicken little crying that the sky is falling when it's not. This is a bullsh*t company.

Good company gone bad

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

Pay was fair, employees at the depot level were great to work with, we all got along and worked together.

Cons

Corporate was controlling, micro managing. they did not trust there own employees. If you spoke your mind you are considered " not engaged". Very unhealthy enviroment.

Let your managers manage the business, learn how to trust people. Stop expecting unrealistic expectations and holding people accountable for it. Was great place to work until 2009.

Very Happy

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time

Pros

Good group of people to work with. They really stand behind their culture of doing the right things. I'm not sure what others may expect out of a job, but RTI treats people fairly.

Cons

The hours can be long and work is coming in 24/7. You're also going to be wearing a lot of hats and jumping from one task to the next - spreading yourself pretty thin at times.

Keep innovating - keep getting better and faster.

Very good experience cut very short without knowledge.

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely progressive company with excellent benefits and pay for employees. A lot of autonomy is given and there is a huge focus on employee contribution to progress the company. There is a lot of room allowed for new ideas as long as they are presented well.

Cons

Remote employees can feel disengaged due to not always knowing what is going on at the corporate office. There can be a tendency for management to listen to tenured employees vs rookies. My only complaint is one particular employee was a bad seed and was complained about by many yet he is viewed as a leader.

Listen and allow all employees to have a voice, not just those that are tenured.

Watch Your Back

Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In the beginning it was a great company to work for, But everything changed once the founder left, and the company was being run by the current ceo.

Cons

As as service tech we worked Long irregular hours, 50-70 per week. Time off between shifts sometimes was only 5 hours. Our tools were inadequate to properly perform the job. The equipment installed was substandard. We were forced to be on call without being compensated for it. Management has no loyalty to the employees, local management is deceptive and mistreats employees and Upper Management and Corporate let it happen.

Treat your employees better, and do a better job of hiring your managers. I worked for you for 10 years and my record was impeccable. But I was fired because of blatant lies told by the new service manager. When I called corporate no one would take my call, and when I did finally get thru I was told there was nothing they can do.

What have you done for me lately attitude

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

They will have periodic bbq's and give small bonuses of $50 or so as rewards.

Cons

They will fire anyone from those low to those high in the company very arbitrarily with no loyalty or regard for the individual whatsoever. They have a very "what have you done for me lately" attitude and their promises and words mean little to nothing - get it in writing and watch your back. Upper management is cut throat.

Appreciate your employees in which you invest so much time and money and establish realistic and achievable company goals.

If you care about representing a solution you can stand behind, RTI is the place to be.

Current Employee - NAS in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - NAS in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Robust solutions for the food industry
    Amazing client base and room for growth
    Talented, engaged and smart teammates
    Access to Top Management
    Transparency and Accountability at all levels of the organization

Cons

A growing company will have growing pains- flexibility is critical to you doing well here
    Sometimes communication doesn't make it everywhere it needs to go the first time around, but it will eventually get there
    Matrix organization is interesting and can be a challenge to navigate if you have not been in one before

Continue to focus on providing the support and tools to let us sales people grow the business.
    Keep generating ideas for improvement and implementing- it is great to see us moving and penetrating those key accounts!