Restaurant.com

Profile Unclaimed

Cool place to work

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment to work in; base + commission + bonuses makes it a great way to make even more money; simple business model that requires no cash transaction, just an agreement.

Cons

Very hard to move up in the company. They don't always give the job to the most qualified; sometimes its about who you know, or who your sucking up to.

Management needs to find non-cheesy ways to motivate the sales team.

Titanic

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a casual work environment.

Cons

There is a severe lack of communication throughout the company. This, combined with secret agendas and deceitfulness amongst much of upper management, make this company a sinking ship.

Restaurant Consultant

Current Employee - Restaurant Consultant
    Current Employee - Restaurant Consultant

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent salary and comission structure

Cons

Lies lies lies.. The program is a set up for many restaurant owners. If anything is sold to with no cost, watch out!

Consider feedback from field reps.

good but not great

Former Employee - Customer Support in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great direct supervisors and great co-workers. loved the environment. All management had a complete open door policy.

Cons

for CS, we were the most scrutinize department. pay could've been better. little to none room for promotion.

This place is heartless and a sham

Former Employee - Customer Service RepresentatCID in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service RepresentatCID in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There's no pros they dont care their workers the only pro was the fresh fruit Friday and bagel Wednesday

Cons

This company got my blood sweat and tears I worked there for three yrs as a rep and I had to fight with management to get a raise and they continued to harass and micro manage us showed favoritism to reps who kissed ass to the sups on a regular basis we were called scam artists and called b's by the customers calling us and then always kept us in the dark about issues with the company even when we asked they would lie to us then they just take us in the room and do a mass lay off just give us boxes to pack our stuff in front of everyone it was embarrassing and humiliating F RDC hope that place burns in hell

Reps get out while you can because that place is not going to last!!!!

Depends on what department you are in

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere
    Young employees
    Fun marketing department

Cons

Some departments (especially sales) are dishonest
    CEO does not have a good reputation

Honesty is the best policy. The fact that you honestly do not care about your restaurant partners will hurt you in the end. If all you want is their money, you will never gain their trust and never succeed.

What could have been

Former Employee - IT/Web Developer in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - IT/Web Developer in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Years ago RDC had a very interesting value proposition in the industry. It was poised to be a very exciting new company in this new space.

Cons

New management decided to make money today at the expense of its future potential. There is absolutely zero quality control on the restaurants that are coming on board. In many, many cases restaurants are being signed up without their knowledge/consent. This is the end result of Greed being a core competency above all else. Sad.

Resign and beg to former CEO to come back and right this ship. This company could/should have been Groupon, GrubHub. My guess is that current CEO/owner will sell to the highest bidder at the first chance.

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good benefits, fun environment, nice people (not upper management)

Cons

They hired a large group of people when they had a great CEO but then he decided to step down due to issues getting along with family members that also ran the company. When he stepped down the interim CEO let go of everyone that they had just hired 6 months earlier.

don't hire a large group of people only to fire them 6 months later

Hear the truth from a current employee

Current Employee - Sales in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The dress code is awesome, jeans and t-shirts are fine.Co-workers are fun and helpful. Management have a nice demeanor and try to help everyone succeed at making quota.

Cons

Basically, there is no integrity or honesty at RDC. The script that is written has flagrant lies in it, and restaurants have no say in what type of marketing they would like to do in regards to the program. When cold calling, I hope to try to reach an owner that has never heard of RDC, because if they have, they know to steer clear. Employees either quit or are let go within a year. They have recently changed the commission structure to deny commissions to employees who do not make quota (which also changes on a regular basis). That means if someone who has hit their quota every month for the past year has a bad month (or goes on vacation), they will be missing out on over $1,000 in commission. This forces salespeople to falsify agreements to hit unrealistic quotas, and further damages the company's reputation. To "succeed" at RDC, you must be able to sacrifice your honor and reputation to blatantly lie to restaurant partners. I am quickly realizing that RDC is a company that cares only about putting more money in the pocket of the CEO (a lawyer- so what does that tell you). Used car salesmen have more integrity than RDC salespeople. I am ashamed to say I work at Restaurant.com. I feel like a thief and a liar, and can no longer pretend that things will get better. Worst of all, management really believes they are looking out for the best interests of their employees, partners and customers. They are either delusional or they cry themselves to sleep every night because they know they are slaves to a tyrant.

If there is hell below- you're all gonna go.

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When I first started HR hosted many fun picnics and events throughout the year. Wednesdays they catered Bagels, Fridays there was an assortment of delicious fruit. The direct managers were great people. The co-workers were great too. Insurance was less expensive than smaller companies.

Cons

The Sales team frequently falsely signs up restaurants on the program and as an Account Manager, you had to deal with the aftermath (really angry owners). There are no more company perks, The cubicles are crammed together with barely enough room to put your elbows out. Less than 25% of incoming calls from restaurants are positive. CEO barely makes his presence known to the company, makes a lot of rash decisions and tends to lay off people frequently on a whim. There is no sense of job security. I was told I would be promoted many times but instead of adding more management positions they took them away.

Quality is more important than Quantity. The perks that once were, were an inexpensive way to keep up morale.

Restaurant.com Photos