Restaurant.com

www.restaurant.com
Profile Unclaimed

It's a complete mess...don't take a job here.

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time

Pros

Free parking; relaxed dress code.

Cons

They are running on a skeleton crew; and the remaining staff are under qualified & overextended.

So many key employees were either let go or resigned within the last year that now the only people left to do the work and take on bigger responsibilities are not qualified to do so. The place is now run by a bunch of kids who think they know everything but don't have enough professional experience to justify being given so much authority. Upper management is just reacting to whatever is going on and not really paying attention to what the rest of the employees are saying...as long as you can make them look good, they don't care what the staff is doing. This has created an awful environment where anything goes...passive aggressive behavior, people who play favorites, and professional politics run rampant.

The work environment is depressing...empty cubicles, sad looking beanbags (presumably to appeal to the kids who work there?), and the sales people are all shoved like cattle into a large room that feels like a sweatshop. I feel bad for the people who work here.

If the company is sold to a new owner, the only answer would be to start from scratch with new staff and a brand new vision to this business. The glory days of restaurant.com are so over.

The worst company - Management is horrible

Former Employee - N/A
    Former Employee - N/A

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are I no longer work at RDC I now work for a company that is awesome and treats the employee as part of the family

Cons

All I can say is if anyone is thinking about going work for RDC DON'T do it. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND LOOK ELSE WHERE.

SELL THE PLACE OR CLOSE THE DOORS. KENNEY CHESSICK SUCKS AS A PERSON ALL HE IS OUT FOR IS PUTTING MORE MONEY IN HIS POCKET

It was a great place to work awhile back, but no more....

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unfortunately the Pros are all gone. It was a great mix of people who all worked well together for a common purpose. There were HR sponsored fun activities and other great team building activities as well as Bagel Wednesday and Fresh Fruit Friday. Now all of the people that made it great are gone as well as the bagels and fruit (well there is one fruit left that I know of...)

Cons

I don't need to add anything here except this - read the other reviews; I think 43 of the 46 reviews are negative, and I am certain that at least 2 of the positive reviews are by inside middle management. Its sad to see what happened, as it was a great place at one time, but that time is gone. I hope Ken can sell it and that the firm survives and flourishes once again.

1. Add value for the restaurant partners 2. replace your taco stands with finer dining establishments 3.replace any references to '18,000' restaurants with the real count on any and all web pages - that could come back to bite you if you don't do that.

they bullied me when I worked there and they badmouthed me after I left

I worked at Restaurant.com

Pros

it is possible to make a lot of money there

Cons

the director is very mean, the managers micromanage their employees to death, and after I left the company a couple of people told me that the managers said false and disparaging things about me to the rest of the company

do not badmouth employees, settle whatever issues you have with them one on one, do not make nasty speeches about former employees to the entire company, establish a more professional atmosphere, get a director who is a little bit nicer and a little more level-headed

Once a great company to work for

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Two years ago, the company was all about hiring. Each dept was booming rapidly year by year for several years.

Cons

Not any more. After a big layoff this year, people were scared and leaving week by week. We lost about 2/3 of the valuable colleagues. What's next? Don't know.

For the CEO, just undo whatever you are doing.

Former Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great leadership from the management. They were always good at helping me refine my sales and customer service skills. Others that I worked with were very friendly and fun.

Cons

The pay was not great, but I heard that it has gotten better. I had to be available on the weekends, but I can see how that would be good for some people.

CS leads should keep doing what they're doing.

So much potential

Former Employee - Management in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Management in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The organization is loaded with smart, talented, and dedicated people with creative ideas. The talent goes largely untapped because they aren't engaged or listened to. Good work hours, flexible schedule.

Cons

The CEO needs to go or sell the company. If that happens, the company has a chance to turn things around. But he seems more focused on his own agenda than the employees that have put their trust in him.

Advice to Mr. Chessick: Please listen to your leadership team. Please sell the company. Please take the money and run.

Great People but concept execution is failing

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of people and a concept that still could be great in the right hands

Cons

Most of the good people have left and management is afraid of the CEO

Pull in a CEO with e-commerce experience or sell to someone who can make it work

Too many changes...and not for the better

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time

Pros

The people are always great to work with and willing to help, it can be a fun atmosphere, and it is very laid back.

Cons

The executive management has a reactive approach. Priorities shift on a dime, and while nimbleness is great, it doesn't allow any one strategy to get thoroughly flushed out and executed right (or at all) before running to the next one.

Listen to your employees.

With how little direction or organization this company has, I wonder, HOW do they make so much money?

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They offered industry standard compensation for sales with benefits after 90 days. They have fruit in the office.

Cons

Management is the biggest issue. They cannot retain talent. Divisions come and go and instead of having a well thought out business plan for a new division, they just wing it. Hiring more sales reps while laying off partner relations and customer service makes no sense.

Figure out a better long term strategy for growth.

Restaurant.com Photos