Restaurants-America Reviews

Could go either way

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Restaurants-America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great concept for a restaurant, with a good menu and excellent corp chef.

Cons

Very slow to respond to employee feedback, and very slow to implement changes/improvements.

Horrible experience with pay!

I worked at Restaurants-America full-time

Pros

If you have awesome managers, they will try to help you as much as they can when it comes to pay.

Cons

I've worked for this company for a year now. There were plenty of incidents where paychecks would come in late, because corporate is scared that it'll bounce. But either way, it will bounce! Don't depend your income if you're working for this company!

An absolute circus show with very little hope for improvement

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Restaurants-America full-time for less than a year

Pros

1)The corporation has motivation to try and rake in as much money as they possibly can.
    2)Where I work, as a server, there is potential to make decent money IF, and only IF, you work on the busy weekend night shifts. (Usually between $100 to $200 per weekend night shift)

Cons

1) In order to rake in more profit, not only do they rely on steady patron rate, but they cut corners in supplies, they have the tendency to pay employees for less hours than they've actually worked for the pay period (on numerous occasions I've dealt with this), and they use some of their employees as tax havens... as a way to have more taxes taken out from their employees and less taxes for them.
    2) They refuse to allow many of their employees to take on full-time hours, and if you happen to exceed full-time on accident, you have to watch that they don't change the hours on your paycheck.
    3) They hire extremely incompetent management members. It seems that their screening for appropriate management members, if they even do, is faulty. Many of the management lacks professionalism in dealing with employees and even customers. They have even hired people who had just been fired from previous jobs for serious offenses. I'm not entirely sure how that is allowed to happen, but it does.
    4) It even goes beyond management for a given restaurant. Corporate leaders and overseers also share the common quality of lack of professionalism. Any concerns or care for employees and their morale is minimal. This makes the waters extremely muddy when trying to deal with employee issues.
    5) There is an extremely high turnover rate of employees in all positions, including management. Lack of professionalism on the part of many of the managers has contributed to this, unfortunately.
    6) Frequent dress code changes at the whim of the owners: This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing except that every time they do that, employees are forced to put more money out of their pockets in order to meet the requirements... otherwise they lose their job.
    7) No employee benefits at all. Although it is assumed most restaurants won't give you benefits, I still will list this as a con to working with this particular corporation. I know they can afford to assist in little ways for their employees, but they choose not to.
    8) Lends itself to becoming a hostile work environment, which it became. That is why it is important that they take the time out to find management members with a sense of strong professionalism, objectivity... and dare I say a standard of morals (?)

I would highly suggest and highly recommend that you concern yourselves much more with cultivating a great sense of morale in your employees. Allowing for a toxic and hostile work environment to develop can be comparable to cancer, once it spreads it becomes very difficult to eradicate. The only way to ensure that this happens is to seek out and hire competent and professional individuals for your corporate leadership and management positions. Please take seriously the concerns of any of your staff! They are human beings just like you, don't forget that.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DONT EAT THERE AND DEFINITELY DON'T WORK THERE

Former Employee - Server  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Restaurants-America

Pros

money is average but that's it, I can't think of too much more good things to say... free soda if you work there...

Cons

everything, bad management, bad owners, no growth, struggling company, didn't break employees

File for bankruptcy

Restaurants-America is committed to growth... whether or not they have the institutional talent to do so or not.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Restaurants-America

Pros

Growth and expansion at all costs

Cons

Same as above, stretched good people too thin, poor hiring decisions

Appreciate the talent you have, don't overestimate your ability to hire talented people from outside

It is ok

Current Employee - Waitress  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Waitress in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Restaurants-America

Pros

It can be very easy money if it is a busy night. And the clients are always a pretty easygoing and fun crowd.

Cons

You never know when it is going to be busy. sometimes you can go in and only make like ten dollars.

Try to focus on not over staffing the floor in down times. It makes it too difficult to make money.

Constantly full frustrations.

I worked at Restaurants-America

Pros

At the store level, the staff was close knit and great to work with.

Cons

We never had the tools to do our jobs. We could not regularly resupply our glasses and plates because corporate never paid bills. The payroll checks bounced three times in two years. Upper management changed several times and with each change each new guy promised to fix equipment, pay bills, get us plates and glasses, etc (but nothing ever changed). Managers were under paid and, on one occasion, forced to work six days a week as punishment.

Pay your bills, hire and train the right upper level management, and find an identity for your menus.

Worked for Restaurants-America? Contribute to the Community!