Restoration Hardware

www.restorationhardware.com

Restoration Hardware Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Gary Friedman

Pros
  • The discount is great but the furniture is too expensive to make purchases often(in 8 reviews)

• Some of the people who work there (the ones who do all the work, really) are great people(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Which I would say Bravo as this is, invoking the Core Values People Asset to a tee(in 30 reviews)

• Work life balance and benefits are fine but could be better(in 14 reviews)

Restoration Hardware Home Office

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Corte Madera, CA

ProsThe people! Everyone who works here is awesome! The best group of people around!
    Everyone really lives the values. It't not like other companies that talk about them but don't live them.
    The location is amazing. Easy commute and beautiful campus.

ConsA better benefits selection would be nice.

Restoration Hardware is a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tracy, CA

ProsCo-Workers are like family, Compensation is at or above Industry standards, Leadership is always willing to help.

ConsBenefits could be better, especially along the lines of the company match on 401k benefits, some systems are outdated, and some are not used to their full potential.

Innovative Values based company

Leadership (Current Employee) Corte Madera, CA

ProsThe best thing about working for RH by far are the people. Everyone is very passionate about the brand and pushing our company to the next level. The values are a big part of RH culture and you definitely feel that working here. Every day is different and it's a company that moves quickly, but values opinions of everyone, regardless of level. It's exciting to work for a company who isn't following other companies - and who takes risks.

ConsRH is not super structured - so things can be a little chaotic at times. There are a lot of last minute changes so you need to be able to be very flexible.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved working for this company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) West Nyack, NY

ProsPeople on my team were great to work with,we became like family.That enviroment of working in the galleries was wonderful and exciting to see the new items coming in.Not that fast paced so you had time to really learn the pieces and work with clients.

ConsPay could have been higher. Not that much room for advancement.

Innovative, growing company that is full of opportunity.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Corte Madera, CA

ProsRestoration Hardware has changed dramatically since I joined back in 2012, and all for the better. The company is growing, we are adding tons of employees, and the innovative new product lines we have created have established us as a one-of-a-kind company. Transferring within the company is encouraged and promotions are always looked at first rather than recruiting externally. Growth potential is huge in this company because of the many different departments that we keep adding. The work space has all been newly remodeled and all of the offices are decorated in RH furniture with our signature "Resto grey" on the walls. It truly is an amazing place to work!

ConsI do not have anything negative to say about RH. We are continuing to better ourselves as we grow. There are always things that can improve, such as benefits, but I am perfectly content with what we are offered.

For the first time in my life, I am sad on days that I can't go to work.

Studio Coordinator (Current Employee) Corte Madera, CA

ProsI love working for Restoration Hardware because management constantly makes me feel like my work is vital to the success of the company. I really enjoy working in such a creative environment. My work is always interesting and almost never repetitive. I feel like the day I got this job was a pivotal point in my life.

ConsI have a brutal commute but that is not Restoration Hardwares fault. I plan on moving for this job and I love my house.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote me.

Dynamic position with great opportunities and flexibility

ProsI love working here. The people are wonderful. Outstanding culture, values, and beliefs that associates truly live by. I've received multiple opportunities to expand my role and take on more responsibilities. My leaders support me learning and developing myself. The work space is beautiful and features RH furniture.

ConsVery fast paced and find out about things very last minute. This obviously works for some and not others. Work life balance and benefits are fine but could be better.

Great culture, great potential

ProsThe culture at RH is life changing and if it's aligned with your personality/beliefs, you will be happy here. This is a unique environment--innovative, fast-paced, challenging, chaotic and, at times, confusing. If you are someone who is flexible, open minded, outgoing and eager to learn new things, you will most likely enjoy being here.

Average benefits package, lots of caring leadership, beautiful work spaces at home office and plenty of exposure to interesting areas of the business. People are generally very friendly and helpful. The people working in the galleries and outlets are fantastic--truly talented, warm and intelligent.

ConsSome systems are slightly out-dated. Technology is becoming more important, but has not been previously.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider where you are--you're in the Bay Area. How can you modify things at RH to remain competitive and become an industry leader in attracting and retaining talent? Be innovative with benefits. Encourage flexibility in schedules. Make sure all people at home office have access to the same perks.

Great culture!

ProsValues based culture, innovative & dynamic company who isn't afraid to take risks, casual atmosphere, great people, and beautiful office spaces with RH furniture & accessories.

ConsThis is a really dynamic environment that isn't for everyone, but the right people will find it to be an amazing company to work for. It's very fast paced and because we are so innovative, things change quickly. You need to be flexible and adaptive as it's not the most structured company. The lack of structure is what allows us to move so fast and integrate new ideas easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore all - associate meetings, business updates. More company events.

It's a great company to work for with a "can do" attitude.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Corte Madera, CA

ProsThe environment/work space is physically beautiful to work in. The people are friendly, helpful, and are always there to support you. We are a values based company which supports open and honest communication and removes obstacles to enable you to get your job done.

ConsIt can be a little chaotic to work here, but fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more leadership meetings, more training meetings, look into ESPP and 401k match. All these things would make the company competitive.

Worked for Restoration Hardware? Contribute to the Community!