Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
Updated October 19, 2014

Gary Friedman

Pros
  • I met some great people that have become good friends (in 16 reviews)

• The discount is great but the furniture is too expensive to make purchases often (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • They have everyday meetings called " Core Values Meeting" which are little surprises everyday (in 30 reviews)

• Work life balance and benefits are fine but could be better (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Love/hate Relationship

Current Employee - Designer
    Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, fun work environment, inspiring products with a huge product line. I met some great people that have become good friends.

Cons

Low pay and the only benefit is high health insurance. Ever since I started all I hear are the career opportunities. I'm always told exactly what I want to hear, but nothing ever happens. They claim to live and breath core values, but it's all talk.

Stop dangling a carrot. Show your employees you care and want them to stay.

Restoration Hardware Home Office

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people! Everyone who works here is awesome! The best group of people around!
    Everyone really lives the values. It't not like other companies that talk about them but don't live them.
    The location is amazing. Easy commute and beautiful campus.

Cons

A better benefits selection would be nice.

Restoration Hardware is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-Workers are like family, Compensation is at or above Industry standards, Leadership is always willing to help.

Cons

Benefits could be better, especially along the lines of the company match on 401k benefits, some systems are outdated, and some are not used to their full potential.

For the first time in my life, I am sad on days that I can't go to work.

Current Employee - Studio Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Studio Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I love working for Restoration Hardware because management constantly makes me feel like my work is vital to the success of the company. I really enjoy working in such a creative environment. My work is always interesting and almost never repetitive. I feel like the day I got this job was a pivotal point in my life.

Cons

I have a brutal commute but that is not Restoration Hardwares fault. I plan on moving for this job and I love my house.

Promote me.

Great culture, great potential

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at RH is life changing and if it's aligned with your personality/beliefs, you will be happy here. This is a unique environment--innovative, fast-paced, challenging, chaotic and, at times, confusing. If you are someone who is flexible, open minded, outgoing and eager to learn new things, you will most likely enjoy being here.

Average benefits package, lots of caring leadership, beautiful work spaces at home office and plenty of exposure to interesting areas of the business. People are generally very friendly and helpful. The people working in the galleries and outlets are fantastic--truly talented, warm and intelligent.

Cons

Some systems are slightly out-dated. Technology is becoming more important, but has not been previously.

Consider where you are--you're in the Bay Area. How can you modify things at RH to remain competitive and become an industry leader in attracting and retaining talent? Be innovative with benefits. Encourage flexibility in schedules. Make sure all people at home office have access to the same perks.

Innovative Values based company

Current Employee - Leadership in Corte Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time

Pros

The best thing about working for RH by far are the people. Everyone is very passionate about the brand and pushing our company to the next level. The values are a big part of RH culture and you definitely feel that working here. Every day is different and it's a company that moves quickly, but values opinions of everyone, regardless of level. It's exciting to work for a company who isn't following other companies - and who takes risks.

Cons

RH is not super structured - so things can be a little chaotic at times. There are a lot of last minute changes so you need to be able to be very flexible.

Great culture!

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time

Pros

Values based culture, innovative & dynamic company who isn't afraid to take risks, casual atmosphere, great people, and beautiful office spaces with RH furniture & accessories.

Cons

This is a really dynamic environment that isn't for everyone, but the right people will find it to be an amazing company to work for. It's very fast paced and because we are so innovative, things change quickly. You need to be flexible and adaptive as it's not the most structured company. The lack of structure is what allows us to move so fast and integrate new ideas easily.

More all - associate meetings, business updates. More company events.

Dynamic position with great opportunities and flexibility

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working here. The people are wonderful. Outstanding culture, values, and beliefs that associates truly live by. I've received multiple opportunities to expand my role and take on more responsibilities. My leaders support me learning and developing myself. The work space is beautiful and features RH furniture.

Cons

Very fast paced and find out about things very last minute. This obviously works for some and not others. Work life balance and benefits are fine but could be better.

Loved working for this company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Nyack, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Nyack, NY

I worked at Restoration Hardware part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People on my team were great to work with,we became like family.That enviroment of working in the galleries was wonderful and exciting to see the new items coming in.Not that fast paced so you had time to really learn the pieces and work with clients.

Cons

Pay could have been higher. Not that much room for advancement.

Innovative, growing company that is full of opportunity.

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Restoration Hardware has changed dramatically since I joined back in 2012, and all for the better. The company is growing, we are adding tons of employees, and the innovative new product lines we have created have established us as a one-of-a-kind company. Transferring within the company is encouraged and promotions are always looked at first rather than recruiting externally. Growth potential is huge in this company because of the many different departments that we keep adding. The work space has all been newly remodeled and all of the offices are decorated in RH furniture with our signature "Resto grey" on the walls. It truly is an amazing place to work!

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about RH. We are continuing to better ourselves as we grow. There are always things that can improve, such as benefits, but I am perfectly content with what we are offered.

Restoration Hardware Photos