Restoration Hardware

Employer Engaged

Hallelujah!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The 40% discount that the employes get.

Cons

The biggest challenge of working at Restoration Hardware is their culture. If you buy into their "cult like" culture, you will be fine. They have everyday meetings called " Core Values Meeting" which are little surprises everyday. A good day is when they discuss product or anything business related, but that doesn't happen too often. Usually they want you to tell them something about your life, and possibly cry, so you can really have a good start to your day. Crazy!!!! We were also brought outside and were made to observe and listen to a piece of chocolate and grape. I'm not kidding!!!!! The people running the meetings are the so called leaders( managers). So, if they hire a crazy one, and believe me, they do, well... Then good luck!!!!!!

Hire more experienced people to lead. A lot of the " leaders" are there experimenting with people.

Best company culture I have ever worked for!!

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved my career with this company.

Cons

None. Amazing engaged senior management.

Great Place to work, Love the fast pace environment

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RH is growing quickly, this is such a fun time to part of the company. I love that RH is innovated and believes they can achieve anything. As an associate one of the great things is our associate discount on merchandise.

Cons

Some challenges working at RH is the fast pace environment, sometimes things move so fast you have to keep up and be able to change directions quickly.

Great Coworkwers

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

No growth opportunities within the company!

Energetic, fun, and rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Corte Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are what makes this a special place to work. You have the opportunity to share your ideas with any level of leadership. Values based company that truly believes in their Core Values and incorporates them in the decision making.

Cons

Total benefit package is steadily improving as the company continues to have success, but not yet on par with it's competitors and similar sized companies in the Bay Area. This is an area of opportunity for the company that I hope, and believe, they address.

Restoration Hardware Home Office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people! Everyone who works here is awesome! The best group of people around!
    Everyone really lives the values. It't not like other companies that talk about them but don't live them.
    The location is amazing. Easy commute and beautiful campus.

Cons

A better benefits selection would be nice.

Great culture, great potential

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at RH is life changing and if it's aligned with your personality/beliefs, you will be happy here. This is a unique environment--innovative, fast-paced, challenging, chaotic and, at times, confusing. If you are someone who is flexible, open minded, outgoing and eager to learn new things, you will most likely enjoy being here.

Average benefits package, lots of caring leadership, beautiful work spaces at home office and plenty of exposure to interesting areas of the business. People are generally very friendly and helpful. The people working in the galleries and outlets are fantastic--truly talented, warm and intelligent.

Cons

Some systems are slightly out-dated. Technology is becoming more important, but has not been previously.

Consider where you are--you're in the Bay Area. How can you modify things at RH to remain competitive and become an industry leader in attracting and retaining talent? Be innovative with benefits. Encourage flexibility in schedules. Make sure all people at home office have access to the same perks.

For the first time in my life, I am sad on days that I can't go to work.

Current Contractor - Studio Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA
    Current Contractor - Studio Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Restoration Hardware because management constantly makes me feel like my work is vital to the success of the company. I really enjoy working in such a creative environment. My work is always interesting and almost never repetitive. I feel like the day I got this job was a pivotal point in my life.

Cons

I have a brutal commute but that is not Restoration Hardwares fault. I plan on moving for this job and I love my house.

Promote me.

Restoration Hardware is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-Workers are like family, Compensation is at or above Industry standards, Leadership is always willing to help.

Cons

Benefits could be better, especially along the lines of the company match on 401k benefits, some systems are outdated, and some are not used to their full potential.

Innovative Values based company

Current Employee - Leadership in Corte Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time

Pros

The best thing about working for RH by far are the people. Everyone is very passionate about the brand and pushing our company to the next level. The values are a big part of RH culture and you definitely feel that working here. Every day is different and it's a company that moves quickly, but values opinions of everyone, regardless of level. It's exciting to work for a company who isn't following other companies - and who takes risks.

Cons

RH is not super structured - so things can be a little chaotic at times. There are a lot of last minute changes so you need to be able to be very flexible.

Restoration Hardware Photos