Resurgent Capital Services

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014
3.3

Tim Grant

My time at Resurgent was exciting, fulfilling, and provided many opportunities for growth.

I worked at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People and management are excellent; benefits are good; location is great; communication is practiced from management down; live and practice the published company values

Cons

Resurgent is always in a state of change, which is why one of the company tenants is to be nimble. If you don't like change, you may not fit the culture at Resurgent.

Keep up the good communication to all employees.

Resurgent Capital Services Response

Sep 15, 2014Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for the feedback! Our leadership strives to provide communication to employees and we appreciate you pointing this out. We take pride on striving to be innovative and embrace ... More

Great career opportunities and great people at Resurgent

I worked at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had my doubts about joining this company as I had heard that there was a lot of turnover, which I thought would mean unhappy employees. But I was surprised and glad to find out that Resurgent actually treats its employees with respect and offers great career opportunities. Resurgent is committed to developing itself through developing its employees, who are treated as an important resource for the company.

Cons

The only downside of working for Resurgent is that the industry is considered by many to be one that is not "professional" and somewhat seedy - however, the people I worked with were very professional and always committed to helping consumers (customers) resolve any issues that they had.

The advice I would offer management is to keep doing what you are doing - continuing to find niche markets and new markets and pursue different opportunities. Resurgent seems like an entrepreneurial company even though it is becoming more mature as a company. The employees have faith in the senior management and know that Resurgent will continue to strive to be on the cutting edge of the businesses that they are pursuing.

Resurgent Capital Services Response

Sep 15, 2014Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for the feedback and advice. We take pride on finding niche markets and trying different business ventures. We are proud to have such great to our wonderful committed and talented ... More

Not terrible..not great

Current Employee - Operations Management Analyst  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Operations Management Analyst in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good life to work balance
    Lots of growth
    Good interaction with business managers and senior management
    Easy access from 385 and Greenville area
    Good parking

Cons

Very high turnover
    Corporate politics play a pretty large role in promotions, mainly outside hires.
    Rather mundane day to day
    Low pay compared to average

Hire people with a competent skill set, not the cheapest people you can find.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It started off being a great place to work, but towards the end of my employment it started to go down hill.

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and work schedule.

Cons

Low compensation and lack of knowledgeable team leaders

This company needs to try to promote more from within instead of hiring managers and supervisors who need extensive training.

Down hill fast

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some really good people to work with and good learning opportunity. The culture when I started was awesome.

Cons

It is utter kaos. Part of the company being bought out. Very high stress level. The culture has gone away. There is very little room to grow and move up in the company. HR will not even contact you when you apply internally. It is just pure frustration. It is why I am moving on to another company. People are put into Management roles that have no business being there and zero training for them.

Provide a better plan for advancement within the company. Have HR actually contact you when you apply for a position internally. When someone tells you they are going to do something for you career wise, back that up instead of avoiding it!

Liked working with most people there.

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Must be able to deal with peoples problems

Cons

It is a collection company

Worst collections company

I worked at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

You're under constant watch, scrutiny, management is poor and unsimpathetic, always changing processes and reprimands you whenever possible.

They need to be fired.

Great people and work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has great leadership, management, and seem to really value their employees. They offer onsite benefits such as a nurse, gym, and break room with pool and ping pong tables. They have a culture of respect, integrity, and community service that is rare to find in the finance industry. If I could give 6 stars for "Culture & Values" I would.

Cons

The main con here is that the pay is not quite up to par with some other companies in the area. That is somewhat mitigated, however, by all of the benefits the company offers.

Continue to listen to employee ideas, it gives a sense of respect and empowerment to the teams.

Good Place to work for but has its bad parts

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service in Greenville, SC

I worked at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked for the inbound customer service. It is absolutely the best department to work for. Amazing supervisors real cool laid back. Company has amazing perks. Great health and dental benefits and they have alot of awesome events.

Cons

Too good to be true? Some what. Awesome company but the job itself as in inbound is not for everyone. Very repetitive, immensly stressful, having to deal with mad disrespectful annoying customers one after another over and over again all day.

Perfect company to work for not their fault people are rude.

Resurgent - Greenville, SC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Resurgent Capital Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits within the company and friendly coworkers. Manageable schedule that can be negotiated. Excellent location as well as parking location.

Cons

Does not evaluate talent within the company. Process for moving up in company requires employee to be in current position for at least a year. Employee's work is tracked throughout the day. Will put overly qualified candidates in lower positions.

Evaluate talent in positions already held for advancement. Cut down on time that employee can advance if employee has qualifications.

Worked for Resurgent Capital Services? Contribute to the Community!