Retail Assistance Reviews

4.0
Alan Spalter

1. Nothing but positive!

I have been working at Retail Assistance

Pros

Good salary, flexibility, HQ communicates well with field reps, upper management has actually worked in the field.

Cons

None to speak of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Retail Assistance

Pros

Flexible, professional and organized employer. Account Managers are always supportive and patient. Despite time differences they make themselves available and work in partnership with us in the field. RAC management is appreciative of our efforts and recognizes the need for work-life balance. Great to be able to have control over your own schedule - projects and hours presented at beginning of month to help with planning.

Cons

Do not provide pay for mileage or travel so when projects are smaller and further distance it is not worthwhile to take on that work. No annual review or pay raises on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

You're great - appreciate your support.

3. Good Company

I have been working at Retail Assistance

Pros

flexible schedule, great managers, clear directions, simply to complete surveys, better pay than most companies

Cons

No perks, no pay raises, very slim amount of projects in my area

Advice to Management

Give yearly pay raises or some incentive to make long term employees feel appreciated.

5. I have been working for Retail Assistance for 1 year. It has been a great experience.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Retail Assistance

Pros

The schedule is very flexible has made it easy for me to manage working part time and taking care of my kids.

Cons

The workload becomes a bit overwhelming towards the end of the year but is very easy to manage if you are organized.

6. I have worked for RAC for over 6 years and I have found them to be an excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Retail Assistance

Pros

Flexibility in making my own schedule. Projects are communicated very well. Account Managers are very experienced and professional and provide employees with top level written instructions. Some projects are more demanding than others; however field support is available. Over the years that I have worked for RAC, I have been treated with respect and recognized for the quality of work that I provide. I feel that I have been rewarded with the larger projects and certainly given the support I have needed to accomplish the highest quality of reporting. I recommend that if you are employed with RAC, that you give yourself at least three months to get familiar with the company and their requirements. I have referred many friends and co workers to RAC and I always tell them to give it a good chance. Sometimes it can be overwhelming at first, but once you are familiar with your brands & stores it becomes easier. Good salary; reliable paychecks; great communication.

Cons

It is difficult when there are too many (1) one hour accounts, especially if they are located in different malls. Hang in there, RAC will reward you with bigger projects and the reports will get easier.

Advice to Management

Try to have a new employee work with an experienced employee at least one day if possible. Or, if they are a referral, have them communicate with the recommending employee. This really helps them get off to a good start.
    Also - auto deposit for paychecks would be wonderful!

7. A Very Positive Experience

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Clairsville, OH
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Clairsville, OH

I have been working at Retail Assistance part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked as a merchandiser for RAC for about 8 years. They were a very small company when I started out with them. They have grown and brought the merchandisers along with them. We are always appreciated and told so on many occasions. We know our schedules a month ahead and that is great for flexibility for personal life or other jobs. And if they do have a last-minute job to be completed (which is rare), they allow that it is last minute and try to make it go as smoothly as they can from their end and give you all the help they can. The pay is much better than other companies I work for. The staff is always courteous and extremely helpful. They are very respectful of their field workers. They allow for extenuating circumstances and encourage communication. RAC has been the very best company I have ever worked for, with over 21 years of merchandising experience. I wish all the companies I work for would be as helpful, respectful, and have as high morals as RAC.

Cons

Although the pay is good, there is no way to increase your pay. Also they do get a little wrapped up in the exactness of what the client wants, but I think that is what makes them so well-respected and sought-after.

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

8. Merchandiser

I have been working at Retail Assistance

Pros

Flexibility of job
    Excellent Communication to merchandisers and always someone to answer a question
    Extensive Training on new projects

Cons

Minimal mileage paid
    A bonus plan to additionally compensate the hourly rate
    Perks from our vendors

Advice to Management

Consider, for those of us that have been loyal long time employess of the best merchaniding company out there, a yearly hour rate increase based on performance, timing of reports, and completion of projects.

9. Great communication between office and merchandisers in the stores.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Retail Assistance

Pros

The act mgrs give you all the info necessary to do a great job for the customer. The pay is good and there is flexibility in when you complete your projects. You make up your own schedule. The entire office staff is approachable and never leave you hanging if you run into a concern when servicing a store.

Cons

I never had any challenges that could not be fixed with a phone call to the offices.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing.

10. Understands Merchandiser's Perspective!

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Washington, DC

I have been working at Retail Assistance

Pros

Great communication from project managers and realistic project expectations.

Cons

Drive time between stores, if applicable, is paid at minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Please consider occasional perks such as giftcards.

11. Top-Level Company

I have been working at Retail Assistance part-time

Pros

There are “different” levels of merchandising companies and RAC is among the very top. Excellent projects, top-level written requirements, and the very best friendly, available assistance. I appreciate their confidence in my merchandising abilities and their often printed thanks to all RAC merchandisers. Companies are thrilled to learn that I am with Retail Assistance; they have an excellent reputation.

Cons

Holiday Season hours can be overwhelming. However; they are there to assist and offer, often, during those months for you to give them a call if you have too much work.

Advice to Management

Direct Deposit would be awesome!

RSS Feed </> Embed