Retail Business Development

Misleading the employees

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Retail Business Development

Pros

If you get paid it's every Friday

Cons

1. They only care about sales and will drive you up the wall.
    2. Last week they waited until 30 mine before shift to tell us we we not working.
    3. We were suppose to receive our bonuses on 12/19/14. They were not deposited. They told us it was paychex fault and that the were going to FedEx us paper checks. Well today is 12/21/14. Nothing has come and corporate is not responding.

Basically we were lied to.

You talk of transparency, but yet there is none.

From now own make it clear to all employees that they work for a staffing company because that is all you are.

Too much for not enough

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Providence, RI

I worked at Retail Business Development

Pros

Wages are hourly plus a commission, which can add up if you can manage to sell to people
    Can sometimes work in different cities/buildings

Cons

Long hours, normally standing, with only a short break
    Management not very organized, lacked materials to give to our team, including proper signage and pamphlets

Worst company ever

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I could not mention a single positive of this business

Cons

Since day one there has been nothing but trouble. I was promised a set base pay which come to find out on my first two checks were not correct, I was being paid 2.50 less than agreed as well have not recieved any type of compensation. For the only sales rep that actually made sales in our market, I was treated like dirt when asked to speak about my pay to management which by the way is seemingly non existent. As well have not been paid yet for 1/30/15. My rent is past due with no sign of my check coming in, this "business" screws its employees and expects them to still work with a smile on their face

Take care of your employees and they will take care of sales. Simple as that.

Decent company

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I have been working at Retail Business Development

Pros

The company is growing and adding new clients

Cons

The senior management doesn't always do what is best for the reps... more so what is better for the company's pockets.

Take care of the field, and the management and reps will work harder for you... if they know you care

Not that great

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Retail Business Development part-time (less than a year)

Pros

When they pay you it is decent. The company is growing.

Cons

1. You have to use your own personal items for work. (Cell phone, head phones, etc.)
    2. Sales leaders claim you get bonuses every month, but you don't.
    3. they give false incentives to encourage employees to make more sales. For example: all employees were told they would get a special one time bonuses for every phone they activated, but we never got them.
     4.When employees expressed their concern over not getting their bonuses, management acted like paying the employees wasn't that big of a deal. 5.The leaders in this company only care about sales.
    6. Management expects you to make this company your main priority. We have random conference calls that are mandatory that they don't pay us for.

Listen to your employees. They are the ones making youoney after all...

Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Retail Business Development

Pros

Great resources to learn more.
    Very organized
    Great Pay
    Very friendly
    Advancement opportunities
    Bonus
    Very easy to contact management

Cons

Everyone works a fixed schedule

Your doing great.

Experience builds on relationship success

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The ability to speak to customers on the job. Training is provided. Leaders train other people to become leaders.

Cons

Ability to start from the beginning and work in a manner that can help me realize my sales potential.

More base pay. More phone meetings where you can get experience and advice spoken to you.

AWFUL Company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Retail Business Development part-time

Pros

Very few. The fact that direct deposit was previously added shortly before becoming employed was great (although there are still some minor discrepancies with that in terms of bonus payouts). Paid training I suppose.

Cons

Hmmm where do I start. Well the virtual "3day Training program was absolutely a JOKE! the bandwidth of the virtual portal they had us training through had a really crappy signal. Ironically this was a mandatory process in which you needed access to a laptop or tablet.

Secondly was the total inconsistencies in Sales Managers over our market. Over 6 wks there must've been about 5 different individuals that were randomly dumped in our market at a time. Not to mention the lack of firm communication on bonuses & checks received on time if you were one of the few employees receiving paper checks.

To add fuel to the fire they abruptly CUT HOURS during the most crucial times during the Christmas Holiday which totally set many employees in our market back when you take into account people have mouths to feed & priorities to meet. Then a very recent issue w/ bonuses that were to suffice the cut in hours DIDNT ARRIVE when it was supposed to while management sits around putting all the blame on Paychex.

This company operates extremely Unorganized & unprofessional with respect to timely followup on employee protocol with the exception of incessantly annoying messages @ odd hours of the day on the Mandatory GroupMe App for sales motivation & customer coercion by any means with the sub par products by Boost & Virgin Mobile.

As plenty other past & current employees mentioned DO Seek other employment in the interim of working here as there is very little to no substantial growth in this firm. Administratively this company needs a complete overhaul starting with Regional management. Too much disorientation and confusion.

Learn to listen more to the issues & concerns of the employees out there in the field. Stop taking them for granted treating them as just another #.

Chain of command needs to be a lot more concise & direct as opposed to all the talking heads seen on GroupMe messages who often never address s concern or indirectly address it by delegating tasks to a "more qualified manager".

Contract better products that are in a higher demand to meet the customers needs. In case you haven't done enough market research, BOOST & VIRGIN SUCK!

Retail Business Development Response

Dec 24, 2014Marketing Communications

Hi. This was a very helpful review, and even though it was a bit harsh, I greatly appreciate it.

I don’t think I can respond to all of the specific things you mentioned, but would at least like
    ... More

Retail Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Retail Business Development part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Nice but Clueless Employees

Cons

Poor pay
    They rig the numbwrs and cheat you out of your commission
    Corporate America Nightmare
    You have to beg people ro buy prepaid phones in Wal-Mart
    High turnover rate

Pay your people
    Train your people

They are con artists to customers and employees

Former Employee - District Sales Manager for 6 Months in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager for 6 Months in Dallas, TX

I worked at Retail Business Development full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They teach how to manipulate customers to those with high IQ and fire the rest. They have no remorse for selling a product that screws people over financially. I have seen over 100 angry customers come to me aiming to sue my company because of something someone else said to sell the product to them. The lies were hard to amend because I wasn't prepared to be confronted by people who were deceived by my own coworkers or boss. Hard to prep for that.

Cons

Managers are clearly arrogant to realistic terms and situations. Some places don't buy. Demographics control your paycheck and your boss will stress your hair gray. They will try to bend you over backwards and promise so much reward that will NEVER come. I sold lawnmowers to cripples. I can sell anything and with integrity. But they hold your job on the line for not making a rediculously quota that double the employees couldn't achieve in their dreams. They are never satisfied leaving literally every rep depressed, frustrated, and uncomfortable, and distressed by the end of each shift once the rep is there for 2-3 weeks. They suckered you into quiting your old job first so they got you. Don't work with these people. People do not change. They advertise products that simply will not sell fast so your working on minimum wage with big hopes of 4 digit paychecks that will never come. I finally made 4 digits after a promotion was earned but I did the math and since the salary didn't pay overtime, and since they had me work 12 hours a day 7 days a week, on average I made 7.50 an hour. No I wasn't working slow. I was being called to conference calls at 8 AM and "babysiting" and secret shopping my reps until 10 PM unless I was training someone, which takes even MORE out of you. I lost the thickness of hair I used to have a year ago. Right on the top towards the front. I'm 22. Thanks RBD for teaching me how vast and unique pyramid schemes get these days.

Find another job and get what you deserve, and offer bonus' to those who you employ and work harder than the minimum standard you can achieve, not the minimum standard of someone 1000 miles away where the product is actually easy to sell. They assume 100 years later, that microwaves are still a brand new invention. They must, if they think VOIP is new and EVER ONE needs it. You know as well as I do that your employees could sell lemonade faster. No offense to them, I am sure they are pro status. But metaphorically speaking... it is NOT the last coke in the desert. Makes me want to drink sand.