Retail Business Development

JImmy Ralph

1. Wish I had done this sooner

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flex Schedule. I don't have to stare at the same four walls of a warehouse, building or office. Pay and recognition for individual and team achievement. Great company culture that is developing us to be leaders. I've been here a couple of months and have seen a change in how I have looked at bosses in the past. At RBD, they are giving me events, tools, and opportunity. My manager equips me and my team, gives us freedom to be ourselves and helps us get to where we want to go. We've already grown into other cities since I've been here and my team crushes our sales every month and we get paid very nice commissions, bonuses and have sales contests all the time. We're given tablets or laptops -- my last job made me buy a smart phone.

Cons

No direct deposit, but I hear that's changing. Organization structure is a bit different and I have to go to my manager for everything, but she's good and makes sure all that I ask for is followed up on.

Advice to Management

please get direct deposit as soon as possible.

Rewards those that work hard!

Pros

I started with RBD as a Sales Representative 17 months ago. 6 weeks later I was promoted to rtl (team leader). 5 1/2 months later Area Sales Manager 9 months after that Regional Director. As they say " Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life" I truly love that I do. I've had 7 people to date get promoted to management from under me and 2 of them have been promoted twice! This company grows leaders! Looking for a job to sharpen your skills and be a bridge to where you really wanna be this company great. Looking for a career where promotions are based on work ethic and results not seniority then you found it! My life changed when I ran accross their ad on Craigslist. Myself and my family are in a much better position!

Cons

Wish they had direct deposit but check has never came late, it would just save me a trip to the bank.

Fast paced, tons of opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Retail Business Development part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Part time hours, full time pay! Weekly pay checks

Cons

No benefits, more hours weekly would be nice

Advice to Management

Better visibility to performance market to market

5. Retail Representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative in East Saint Louis, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in East Saint Louis, IL

I worked at Retail Business Development part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Exciting Company with great qualities!

Cons

They need direct Deposit and to provide internet.

6. Review of RBD

Pros

Great culture - open door - lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Management moves too fast - needs to slow down and look at big picture

7. Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great resources to learn more. Very organized Great Pay Very friendly Advancement opportunities Bonus Very easy to contact management

Cons

Everyone works a fixed schedule

Advice to Management

Your doing great.

Misleading the employees

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

Pros

If you get paid it's every Friday

Cons

1. They only care about sales and will drive you up the wall. 2. Last week they waited until 30 mine before shift to tell us we we not working. 3. We were suppose to receive our bonuses on 12/19/14. They were not deposited. They told us it was paychex fault and that the were going to FedEx us paper checks. Well today is 12/21/14. Nothing has come and corporate is not responding. Basically we were lied to.

Advice to Management

You talk of transparency, but yet there is none. From now own make it clear to all employees that they work for a staffing company because that is all you are.

Awesome People, BREAKNECK Speed

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for RBD has been a growing experience. I want to be careful that I don't make it sound like everything has been GREAT and I've had nothing but glowing experiences, because there have been times I've been frustrated (like every other job), but I *can* say that working for a company that's expanding so fast that you can see it work through its growing pains and come out the other side better than it was at the beginning is pretty cool, especially when you're part of it. The company is (relatively) young and hungry, and I like the fact that if you want to offer a suggestion or discuss an issue, people that have the authority to make decisions are easy to get in touch with and are eager to lend an ear to your concerns; there's no red tape to go through just to find somebody that will listen. I like being able to contribute in ways that produce *real* results that you can watch happen before your eyes. The people that work there--at least the ones that care about working there--are amazing and some of us even hang out after work. It's a laid back environment (socially speaking) and everyone has a great sense of humor, which makes it easier to get through the day. My coworkers can take their frustrations and stresses and make them petty minutia, and even hilarious in the right circumstances.

Cons

Growing so fast can be a daunting thing to deal with. Most companies can ease into best practices and "the right way" as things progress over time, whereas we have to SLAM into the right way head-on at RBD because we don't have time for anything else. Some people can't handle it or get mortified at the pace at which things change, but I like viewing it as a challenge to "overcome" rather than get scared and run away with my tail between my legs. I don't usually write positive reviews... Really, who does write positive reviews, unless it's for a restaurant or a movie? I happened to see a few negative reviews when I searched online, and I found very few positive ones. I felt that it was wrong to leave everyone with that bad taste in their mouth. It's not a bad place, people just write bad reviews when they're salty, and they write nothing otherwise.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a more realistic perspective on what jobs entail before hiring someone. When I see ads for RBD job opportunities online, they're all rainbows and unicorns, and that's not the way it is... I'm sure the ads are written with good intentions in order to get people hired, but people go into their jobs expecting rainbows and unicorns because that's what's advertised. My advice is to be BRUTALLY HONEST about what each job entails (people can handle it!) in order to get the right people, rather than the people that were EXPECTING rainbows and unicorns from the outset because that's what they were promised.

10. Advancement Opportunities and Great People

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work. Great people. Room for advancement. Promotions based on performance. Retail Business Development is a great place to start a career. I was a recent college graduate when I started working at RBD. I have learned more in the year that I have been with the company than I did in 4 years of college. I am not saying that college didn’t prepare me for the job, because it did, but rather that I learned how to work with people, communication, interpersonal skills, leadership; all the things that are learned rather than taught.

Cons

Communication between departments could be better. Last minute decisions that can lead to more issues than they are meant to fix.

Advice to Management

Foster an atmosphere that appreciates open communication between departments.

11. Strong company with opportunities to gain experience and has a great work environment.

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment – I love the people that I work with. Lots of different backgrounds, age groups, and work experiences within the company. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and willing to help each other out. It is a very team work environment and feels as if we're working together to develop the company further and it is really exciting to be a part of. Offers challenges – Every day is different and never dull. It’s not an extremely difficult company to work for but there are times where brainstorming new effective ideas is needed. This allows room for bringing in creativity on how to help improve current processes. Rewarding – Many people use the word “rewarding” in different ways. My definition is that this company offers a lot of room for growth and development. I started off at an entry level position. As I grew with the company and learned the processes and how to operate the different systems, I was able to move into different departments and learned new things.

Cons

Communication - Since our Company has a lot of changes from time to time, I feel as if it is not communicated efficiently to the employees. This creates a lot of issues as well as complaints and therefore can get frustrating. Benefits – It’s not the best but it is offered.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it feels as if employees are out of the loop when it comes to new things happening within the company. I think in order to better succeed as a team, higher level management should communicate it to the employees so we can all be better prepared for what is to come in the future.

RSS Feed </> Embed