RetailData Reviews

Gaining and Retaining

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at RetailData

Pros

It seems as thought the company has listened and is headed in a very positive direction. I just had a very unfortunate situtation arise - I called the President of RetailData late in the evening - he answered my call - listend to me and took my questions to the people that could address and rectify the issue I was having. I had several follow-up calls making sure I had everything I needed and did I have any other concerns.
    As a long time employee I do remember "back in the day". I've experienced RetailData's growth from a small family owned company to a larger Worldwide Leader.
    RetailData has committed themselves to gaining top employees and retaining those same employees going forward.
    I for one, am pleased with what I have seen and will be looking forward to a great year this year and glad that I am part of this Company.

Cons

Long hours and stress are a part of the job

2. Field Service Representative

Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at RetailData part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Usually you have a few days to complete the work. This is beneficial if you are working other jobs, and can complete the RetailData work on your time.

Cons

There wasn't enough work, for me personally. Some stores were far in distance, but short on actual work-time. This allowed for travel-time compensation, but meant the little money you made at the store was hardly worth it.

Advice to Management

The supervisor I had made things difficult. It appeared better communication would have improved the experience (like any other job).

3. Data Collector

I have been working at RetailData part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Independent work, set your own hours, take breaks whenever you want

Cons

On your feet for long periods of time

Data Collector

I have been working at RetailData full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for. The pay is fair and you get paid drive time and mileage for each job you have. You do have deadlines with each job, but you can make your own hours/schedule.

Cons

No benefits.
    Lots of jobs are due at the same time so you end up juggling multiple jobs at once.
    Lots of consistent weekend work.

Good Company

Current Employee - Data Collector in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Data Collector in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at RetailData part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was surprised to see all the bad reviews about Retail Data. I've been with them for three years and it's been great. The job fits in with all the other things in my life. In most cases you have several days to get the work done and no one is standing over your shoulder while you work. I can go to my stores and collect when it's convenient for me.

Cons

Sometimes the IT department can't upload the work collected and I have to resend things I've already sent, but thats no big deal, it just seems like with such a big company they would get the information each and every time.

Data Collector

I have been working at RetailData

Pros

You can plan your own schedule.

Cons

The region is understaffed, and can't seem to retain employees.

Nothing but pay decreases

I have been working at RetailData full-time

Pros

Set your own hours. Can travel.

Cons

I have never worked for a company that never gives raises, all they do is give us pay decreases. They state that their equipment is getting better and with the updates will ultimately make you work faster. I say it still goes back to the person inputting the information. You can give us the best software and programs around, but that doesn't make you faster. My annual salary had been cut in half. Every year I am making less and less every year. It's hard to get good support or for anyone to fight for you. Corporate office feels they are always right and don't care to hear what their data collectors have to say. Apparently they feel they are running this company just fine. I'm sure while all of the Corporate employee's are being taken care of and probably haven't taken any pay cuts m but have probably received raises since our pay has been and keeps being reduced. Although as data collectors we are the one who keep your company running and a float, I wish that they would realize that and reward us with something other than pay decreases. Without us going out and doing the work your company would fail. Who really knows what goes on at corporate, no data collector will know. It astounds me that we get no incentives to even stay with this company. I have been with Retail Data for over 5 years and I bet if I quit on the spot, they wouldn't even care. Alot of seasoned data collectors have quit and corporate had done nothing to try to keep them employed with the company. This tells me that we don't matter and they don't care about us. It doesn't matter how long you have been with the company, how fast you are, your willingness to pick up extra jobs, help out where you can, rearrange your schedule to get a job done, to them you are a dime a dozen and they can easily replace you.

Advice to Management

STOP CUTTING OUR PAY!!!!! LISTEN TO WHAT THE DATA COLLECTORS HAVE TO SAY AS WE ONES COLLECTING THE INFORAMTION. WE ARE SMART. WE DO THIS ON A DAILY BASIS. YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON GREAT KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION THAT COULD POSSIBLY HELP YOUR COMPANY. YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT YOURSELVES AND NOBODY ELSE.

Just Started

I have been working at RetailData

Pros

Choose your hours and be your own boss

Cons

I think that once piece rate starts I will be making below minimum wage

Advice to Management

do away with piece rate

RetailData Response

May 21, 2015HR Manager

Actually, under no circumstances will you make below minimum wage. In most cases, once piece rate starts, employees increase their pay. It all depends on your efficiency and speed.

Omaha, NE Retail Data Employees are the highest paid at $14 per hour rate. Set your own schedule!

Current Employee - Data Collector in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Data Collector in Omaha, NE

I have been working at RetailData part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love setting my own hours. I love not having a boss or supervisor. I love taking breaks whenever I want to. I love going into a hypnotic repetition of motion and thought. I love the freedom to use my own style and my own techniques and no one criticizes me. I love that I can see my speed and accuracy improvement online every night when I go home and upload my UPC data that I collected at mostly every grocery store in town.

Think of easter egg hunts and scavenger hunts and attention to detail like the Fluid Ounces on all retail products. Find the Matching Item and type the price in and then click to the next item you need to find. Bring a small stool if you have a bad back or knees. Must like challenges but after 1.5 months it gets easier.

Online video training is free if you want it, but it is not required. Great paychecks every other Monday direct deposit. They pay millage and travel time minimum hourly wage. Great manager. Great People. Great Experience.

$650 per week as a part time employee. I could work OT if I wanted in Omaha, great job.

Keep your chin up. Know it gets easier. Use the tools you are given correctly and take advantage of the repeat button. Learn to look at the last four digits of UPC on some jobs and learn to punch in a 5 digit number after each glance at a UPC label. Remember you are only human and everyone makes mistakes so just do your best and don't stress out over deadlines and constant build up of jobs assigned to you. Just notify your manager that you need them to remove a job as applicable to your situation. Don't let yourself worry about things, just be consistent and steady and don't give up. This job is all about chipping away at a mountain by scanning every UPC in the store.

Cons

Undercover secret shopping can be a little stressful.

Advice to Management

Get rid of "per piece" pay in all districts.

Run away

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Richmond, VA

I have been working at RetailData

Pros

good environment.. people will help you if you have questions.. that's about it

Cons

hours are terrible.. the pay is low... really not gaining any experience..not really a good resume booster.

no growth and pay is minimum

RSS Feed </> Embed