RetailMeNot

RetailMeNot Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham

Cotter Cunningham

I'm thrilled to be working here

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's great to work somewhere that's winning its market; and management seems committed to staying ahead of the competition by putting together the best engineering team possible. That means not only great coworkers whom I learn from and who raise the bar for me; but also really excellent compensation and working environment.

ConsSome consider the downtown location a minus (I think it's great personally).

Best Career Move I Ever Made

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

Pros-Great opportunity to grow your career
-Hard work is rewarded with promotions
-Freedom to experiment and innovate
-Top notch benefits/ compensation package

ConsThe most common negative you see in other reviews is that the company is a sweat shop. This is ridiculous. The executives work hard and set the example, but I've never been asked to work the same hours they do. This company is for those who want to challenge themselves and develop their career. If you just want a place to "pack it in" and work a 9-5, you can work here but you won't advance. If you work hard and grow your skills set, you will be rewarded. This seems fair to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good Stuff

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLoads of perks. Great people.

ConsNot very many. Lots of hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork less. Teach more.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Pays well, not a fun place to work

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay, benefits, perks, parties - they have to do that to keep people here. The spending of of so much money makes me kind of nervous.

ConsSomething of a sweatshop, it is an inflexible work environment where they want you at your desk all day everyday. Very much a boy's club close to the top. CEO never makes eye contact with the rank and file. Not a lot of career opportunity within several key teams. There is an underlying attitude of arrogance. There does not seem to be much of a soul to the company except to get rich on stock and encourage people to buy buy buy. I get the feeling when a lot of these folks are able to vest their stock, they will cash in and fly the coop. I know I will.

Could be a lot better.

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits/Perks are amazing. Best CEO. Free food all the time.

ConsThey expect you to stay late and really don't appreciate what you do for the company. The most you will get is a thank you email after putting in long hours over the weekend.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and understand what a work life balance is. We all work really hard and sometimes yall ask for too much. We cant always work weekends just because something needs to get done. We have families and would like to see our kids grow up.

One of the best compensation/perks packages in Austin

DevOps Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people; very open culture; no offices through the entire company means lots of team collaboration; lots of free stuff (breakfast and lunch, snacks, coffee, t-shirts, hoodies, keychains, mugs); Makerbot 3D printer to play around with; challenging and interesting work; great pay and benefits; public transportation stipend if you give up your parking space; strong products with lots of growth potential; strong management team; open vacation policy; clearly defined path for growth and promotion expectations. Oh, and they have Segways you can borrow if you need to go around Austin during the day.

ConsI honestly don't even know what to put here. Some might be put off by the lack of offices. Culture is not very big on work-from-home. It's also very startup-ish, even though they're now a public corporation - that could be good or bad depending on your outlook.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to work from home more often, within reason - half the time the team discusses things through chat anyway, and I live far enough away that I could actually get a couple extra hours of work in just by staying home. Maybe a limit on the number of days per week?

A great experience with an amazing company

Software Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for less than a year

ProsCool culture, great work environment, free breakfast and lunch, intelligent people, competitive compensation, cutting edge tech, big data,. great networking.

ConsStressful at times, long work hours, open work space with no offices, difficult to book a conference room, no puppy filled break rooms.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some offices and more bathrooms. Thanks, I love my job!

Boys Club, for the Young and Child-Free

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat perks: free (good) food and drinks, cell phone reimbursement, dry cleaning pick-up
Smart, talented people
Nice office
Successful company
Dev team is treated extremely well
Very good medical benefits

ConsHorrible work-life balance: 60+ hours/week, every week.
If you are a parent, you will rarely see your children when they are awake.
Management is primarily male; very few females in Sr roles.
Company published values do not mention teamwork or respect and those qualities are sorely lacking in most.
If you're over 30, you will feel old.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employee's lives outside of work. Recognize that most employees do not stand to make millions from the IPO and therefore, might not be as committed as you are to spending 70 hours/week in the office.

Greatness

Corporate Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

Pros* Amazing perks: in-house coffee shop / barista, gym, cell, lunch + mgmt. is always surprising employees with random perks (e.g. ACL 2013 tix)
* The opportunity to work for a leader in its space
* Great culture w/ highly motivated and very pleasant colleagues

Cons* Sometimes tough to achieve Work/Life Balance

Advice to Senior Management* Encourage people to have work/life balance so employees can retain hobbies and passions outside of office

Great Culture, Smart People, Fantastic Leadership Team

Software Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

ProsThe culture is great. I have worked at a few well known internet companies and I have never been at one that takes care of their employees as well as RetailMeNot. The senior executive team is very open, great at planning initiatives, and reacting to trends in the market place. Everyone is expected to be transparent and help the company innovate.

ConsThe hours can be long during peak periods but it is reasonable and you know when it will happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard to maintain the transparency within the company now that we are public.

Worked for RetailMeNot? Contribute to the Community!

RetailMeNot Videos

RetailMeNot – Why Work for Us?

RetailMeNot.com (www.retailmenot.com) is the largest digital coupon site in the United States. Our mission is to help consumers save money and enjoy a hassle-free discount shopping experience. Since November 2006, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RetailMeNot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by RetailMeNot employees.