RetailMeNot

RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham

Cotter Cunningham

Awesome place to work

Finance/Accounting (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLeadership is very transparent and shares its vision with all employees. They value everyone at the company. Coworkers are fun-loving, innovative, and happy. The perks are amazing - RMN provides lunches, breakfast twice a week, tons of snacks, awesome company parties, gym & cell phone reimbursement. The offices are really fun to work in - very open environment, beautiful patio.

ConsYou cannot work remotely, culture is you have to be here in the office.

Great place to work

ProsWork is interesting
    Company moves quickly
    everchanging space
    they feed you almost every day
    perks on perks on perks

Consdepending on dept could be hard to move up

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Exciting company! Moving in the right direction. Tons of young people who are inspired and believe in the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun company atmosphere, exciting, young culture, amazing CEO, employee perks, paid lunches.

ConsThe middle management team is weak in some departments

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I'm thrilled to be working here

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsIt's great to work somewhere that's winning its market; and management seems committed to staying ahead of the competition by putting together the best engineering team possible. That means not only great coworkers whom I learn from and who raise the bar for me; but also really excellent compensation and working environment.

ConsSome consider the downtown location a minus (I think it's great personally).

Best Career Move I Ever Made

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros-Great opportunity to grow your career
    -Hard work is rewarded with promotions
    -Freedom to experiment and innovate
    -Top notch benefits/ compensation package

ConsThe most common negative you see in other reviews is that the company is a sweat shop. This is ridiculous. The executives work hard and set the example, but I've never been asked to work the same hours they do. This company is for those who want to challenge themselves and develop their career. If you just want a place to "pack it in" and work a 9-5, you can work here but you won't advance. If you work hard and grow your skills set, you will be rewarded. This seems fair to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good Stuff

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLoads of perks. Great people.

ConsNot very many. Lots of hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork less. Teach more.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Pays well, not a fun place to work

ProsGood pay, benefits, perks, parties - they have to do that to keep people here. The spending of of so much money makes me kind of nervous.

ConsSomething of a sweatshop, it is an inflexible work environment where they want you at your desk all day everyday. Very much a boy's club close to the top. CEO never makes eye contact with the rank and file. Not a lot of career opportunity within several key teams. There is an underlying attitude of arrogance. There does not seem to be much of a soul to the company except to get rich on stock and encourage people to buy buy buy. I get the feeling when a lot of these folks are able to vest their stock, they will cash in and fly the coop. I know I will.

Could be a lot better.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBenefits/Perks are amazing. Best CEO. Free food all the time.

ConsThey expect you to stay late and really don't appreciate what you do for the company. The most you will get is a thank you email after putting in long hours over the weekend.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and understand what a work life balance is. We all work really hard and sometimes yall ask for too much. We cant always work weekends just because something needs to get done. We have families and would like to see our kids grow up.

One of the best compensation/perks packages in Austin

Devops Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat people; very open culture; no offices through the entire company means lots of team collaboration; lots of free stuff (breakfast and lunch, snacks, coffee, t-shirts, hoodies, keychains, mugs); Makerbot 3D printer to play around with; challenging and interesting work; great pay and benefits; public transportation stipend if you give up your parking space; strong products with lots of growth potential; strong management team; open vacation policy; clearly defined path for growth and promotion expectations. Oh, and they have Segways you can borrow if you need to go around Austin during the day.

ConsI honestly don't even know what to put here. Some might be put off by the lack of offices. Culture is not very big on work-from-home. It's also very startup-ish, even though they're now a public corporation - that could be good or bad depending on your outlook.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to work from home more often, within reason - half the time the team discusses things through chat anyway, and I live far enough away that I could actually get a couple extra hours of work in just by staying home. Maybe a limit on the number of days per week?

A great experience with an amazing company

Software Engineering (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCool culture, great work environment, free breakfast and lunch, intelligent people, competitive compensation, cutting edge tech, big data,. great networking.

ConsStressful at times, long work hours, open work space with no offices, difficult to book a conference room, no puppy filled break rooms.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some offices and more bathrooms. Thanks, I love my job!

Worked for RetailMeNot? Contribute to the Community!