RetailMeNot

Updated August 14, 2014

4.4

RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham
Cotter Cunningham

A wonderful company for aspiring professionals

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

The company culture is too good and its a wonderful experience to be part of RMN. There are many perks for employees. The Leadership is focussed on improving the company and also helping an individual improve his skills by providing scope for learning. 'There is a great work-life balance and the everyone in the team is great to work with .
    There is constant Learning and also fun associated with the work which makes RMN a great place to be

Cons

Nothing negative about the whole company as such.

Great job in making RMN a great place with a wonderful culture

Great company to grow your career

Current Employee - Intern  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

Pros

Great culture, perks, and work environment. Everyone is friendly. I have interesting, challenging work and smart colleagues who help develop my career. Sometimes the pace can be slow but it varies, along with the type of work, which I like.

Cons

As an intern, I am worried about the brand if I work there full time, since I could have opportunities with much bigger name companies. But as far as the company itself, no cons.

Keep it up

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Finance/Accounting  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Austin, TX

Pros

Leadership is very transparent and shares its vision with all employees. They value everyone at the company. Coworkers are fun-loving, innovative, and happy. The perks are amazing - RMN provides lunches, breakfast twice a week, tons of snacks, awesome company parties, gym & cell phone reimbursement. The offices are really fun to work in - very open environment, beautiful patio.

Cons

You cannot work remotely, culture is you have to be here in the office.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I'm thrilled to be working here

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

It's great to work somewhere that's winning its market; and management seems committed to staying ahead of the competition by putting together the best engineering team possible. That means not only great coworkers whom I learn from and who raise the bar for me; but also really excellent compensation and working environment.

Cons

Some consider the downtown location a minus (I think it's great personally).

Best Career Move I Ever Made

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

-Great opportunity to grow your career
    -Hard work is rewarded with promotions
    -Freedom to experiment and innovate
    -Top notch benefits/ compensation package

Cons

The most common negative you see in other reviews is that the company is a sweat shop. This is ridiculous. The executives work hard and set the example, but I've never been asked to work the same hours they do. This company is for those who want to challenge themselves and develop their career. If you just want a place to "pack it in" and work a 9-5, you can work here but you won't advance. If you work hard and grow your skills set, you will be rewarded. This seems fair to me.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Good Stuff

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Austin, TX

Pros

Loads of perks. Great people.

Cons

Not very many. Lots of hours.

Work less. Teach more.

One of the best compensation/perks packages in Austin

Current Employee - Devops Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

Great people; very open culture; no offices through the entire company means lots of team collaboration; lots of free stuff (breakfast and lunch, snacks, coffee, t-shirts, hoodies, keychains, mugs); Makerbot 3D printer to play around with; challenging and interesting work; great pay and benefits; public transportation stipend if you give up your parking space; strong products with lots of growth potential; strong management team; open vacation policy; clearly defined path for growth and promotion expectations. Oh, and they have Segways you can borrow if you need to go around Austin during the day.

Cons

I honestly don't even know what to put here. Some might be put off by the lack of offices. Culture is not very big on work-from-home. It's also very startup-ish, even though they're now a public corporation - that could be good or bad depending on your outlook.

I would love to work from home more often, within reason - half the time the team discusses things through chat anyway, and I live far enough away that I could actually get a couple extra hours of work in just by staying home. Maybe a limit on the number of days per week?

A great experience with an amazing company

Current Employee - Software Engineering  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Austin, TX

Pros

Cool culture, great work environment, free breakfast and lunch, intelligent people, competitive compensation, cutting edge tech, big data,. great networking.

Cons

Stressful at times, long work hours, open work space with no offices, difficult to book a conference room, no puppy filled break rooms.

Get some offices and more bathrooms. Thanks, I love my job!

Fun and vibrant workplace where you never want to leave!

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative in Austin, TX

Pros

This job is seriously the best job I have ever had. I have worked for multiple companies and none of them even compare to working here. It is a fun and vibrant workplace where you want to come to work everyday. Each employee is extremely valued and it shows. I am so lucky to have this job.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot say anything bad about this place. The only thing I can think of is that I enjoy it so much that I end up working more hours then I intend to, which isn't bad at all.

Continue to show your appreciation it means a lot!

Great place to work!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

They treat their employees VERY well. Every perk you can imagine - they offer it...free meals, reimbursed cell phone, gym membership, parking provided or paid for. There is actually a full coffee bar with a barista. Rewards and contests are very generous - shopping sprees, trips, cash, etc... Plus there are international offices with exchange programs.
    The smaller size of the company allows for direct interaction with other departments which fosters collaboration and team work. The lack of politics is very refreshing. You really feel everyone is playing their part and working together to make the company successful overall - rather than pitted against each other as I've seen in other companies.
    The company is growing fast, so the opportunity for promotion and growth can be good in certain departments.
    Good management team that is very open to new ideas and suggestions.

Cons

Hard work and long hours are expected. But as mentioned above, they reward you very well for your hard work.

Don't let the fast growth, increased size, and going public impact the culture and the way we do things.

Worked for RetailMeNot? Contribute to the Community!