RetailMeNot

RetailMeNot Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham

Cotter Cunningham

I'm thrilled to be working here

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's great to work somewhere that's winning its market; and management seems committed to staying ahead of the competition by putting together the best engineering team possible. That means not only great coworkers whom I learn from and who raise the bar for me; but also really excellent compensation and working environment.

ConsSome consider the downtown location a minus (I think it's great personally).

Best Career Move I Ever Made

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

Pros-Great opportunity to grow your career
-Hard work is rewarded with promotions
-Freedom to experiment and innovate
-Top notch benefits/ compensation package

ConsThe most common negative you see in other reviews is that the company is a sweat shop. This is ridiculous. The executives work hard and set the example, but I've never been asked to work the same hours they do. This company is for those who want to challenge themselves and develop their career. If you just want a place to "pack it in" and work a 9-5, you can work here but you won't advance. If you work hard and grow your skills set, you will be rewarded. This seems fair to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good Stuff

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLoads of perks. Great people.

ConsNot very many. Lots of hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork less. Teach more.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

One of the best compensation/perks packages in Austin

DevOps Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people; very open culture; no offices through the entire company means lots of team collaboration; lots of free stuff (breakfast and lunch, snacks, coffee, t-shirts, hoodies, keychains, mugs); Makerbot 3D printer to play around with; challenging and interesting work; great pay and benefits; public transportation stipend if you give up your parking space; strong products with lots of growth potential; strong management team; open vacation policy; clearly defined path for growth and promotion expectations. Oh, and they have Segways you can borrow if you need to go around Austin during the day.

ConsI honestly don't even know what to put here. Some might be put off by the lack of offices. Culture is not very big on work-from-home. It's also very startup-ish, even though they're now a public corporation - that could be good or bad depending on your outlook.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to work from home more often, within reason - half the time the team discusses things through chat anyway, and I live far enough away that I could actually get a couple extra hours of work in just by staying home. Maybe a limit on the number of days per week?

A great experience with an amazing company

Software Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for less than a year

ProsCool culture, great work environment, free breakfast and lunch, intelligent people, competitive compensation, cutting edge tech, big data,. great networking.

ConsStressful at times, long work hours, open work space with no offices, difficult to book a conference room, no puppy filled break rooms.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some offices and more bathrooms. Thanks, I love my job!

Fun and vibrant workplace where you never want to leave!

Administrative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time

ProsThis job is seriously the best job I have ever had. I have worked for multiple companies and none of them even compare to working here. It is a fun and vibrant workplace where you want to come to work everyday. Each employee is extremely valued and it shows. I am so lucky to have this job.

ConsHonestly, I cannot say anything bad about this place. The only thing I can think of is that I enjoy it so much that I end up working more hours then I intend to, which isn't bad at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to show your appreciation it means a lot!

Great place to work!!

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

ProsThey treat their employees VERY well. Every perk you can imagine - they offer it...free meals, reimbursed cell phone, gym membership, parking provided or paid for. There is actually a full coffee bar with a barista. Rewards and contests are very generous - shopping sprees, trips, cash, etc... Plus there are international offices with exchange programs.
The smaller size of the company allows for direct interaction with other departments which fosters collaboration and team work. The lack of politics is very refreshing. You really feel everyone is playing their part and working together to make the company successful overall - rather than pitted against each other as I've seen in other companies.
The company is growing fast, so the opportunity for promotion and growth can be good in certain departments.
Good management team that is very open to new ideas and suggestions.

ConsHard work and long hours are expected. But as mentioned above, they reward you very well for your hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the fast growth, increased size, and going public impact the culture and the way we do things.

Great Culture, Smart People, Fantastic Leadership Team

Software Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

ProsThe culture is great. I have worked at a few well known internet companies and I have never been at one that takes care of their employees as well as RetailMeNot. The senior executive team is very open, great at planning initiatives, and reacting to trends in the market place. Everyone is expected to be transparent and help the company innovate.

ConsThe hours can be long during peak periods but it is reasonable and you know when it will happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard to maintain the transparency within the company now that we are public.

Innovative mid-sized company with big aspirations and start-up culture

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for less than a year

ProsRetailMeNot is incredibly innovative and intrapreneurial. It is the size of a mid size organization but listens to it's people like a start-up. The level of transparency is unbelievable. People also really believe in what the organization is doing. The best part though are the people you work with. Smart people who constantly want to be better and better at what they do and leaders and managers who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty making sure the work gets done.

ConsRetailMeNot is still growing and learning how to function as a public company.

Best culture I have ever been a part of!!!

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

Pros- opportunity to work with the best and brightest
- amazing leadership team
- great career growth opportunities
- amazing perks and benefits
- awesome rewards and employee to employee recognition programs
- super transparent, they share information with us that most employers would never share with their employees
- A CEO WHO ACTUALLY CARES (imagine that) :)

Cons- at times, longer working hours
- the fast pace and somewhat ambiguous environment is not meant for everyone
- WEIGHT GAIN from all of the FREE food (think back to freshman 15) :/

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the transparency - think that is one of the most important pieces to building trust within a company.

Worked for RetailMeNot? Contribute to the Community!

RetailMeNot Videos

RetailMeNot – Why Work for Us?

RetailMeNot.com (www.retailmenot.com) is the largest digital coupon site in the United States. Our mission is to help consumers save money and enjoy a hassle-free discount shopping experience. Since November 2006, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RetailMeNot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by RetailMeNot employees.