RetailNext

3.7

Alexei Agratchev

Great Opportunity

I have been working at RetailNext full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RetailNext has a strong team, it is innovator in its space, employees are encourage to grow and take more responsibility. Very exciting being at the forefront of the retail analytics market.

Cons

Things are definitely fast-moving and change is constant, typical of an early stage company. Need to ensure you are a fit for that environment. great for those that are!

The company is evolving. Need to ensure there is a focus on managing the culture and careers for employees as growth continues.

Working for a semi-established start-up

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at RetailNext

Pros

Company was fast moving, had great people for the most part, and paid relatively well.

Cons

Defining a role for the Sales Engineering was never really clear. The understanding of the technology was also all over.

Start defining roles, clean house with folks who are bottle necking the org and final start educating the organization properly

A Circus of Circuses

I worked at RetailNext full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited Vacation, nice people (non-management), product concept, kitchen snacks, free lunch on Fridays...

Cons

No process, broken product, ridiculous politics, firings that go unannounced, no transparency, no vision, over worked employees that compensate for broken product, gossip culture, drunk culture, total inappropriateness around the office, absolutely no leadership and all customers are unhappy. There is not one happy customer which keeps everyone in firefighting mode.

Replace yourselves.

Best Company to Expand Your Opportunities!

Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RetailNext full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Everyone here at RetailNext is very collaborative, cross functional departments are willing to help each other in solving problems or giving insights.

- Everyone here is very easy to approach if you need anything, even the C's are very friendly!

- You will be immersed to all aspects of the company to have a feel of what our company is like, from operations to engineering to marketing to sales and more.

- We are a startup; we get our hands on everything! Your skill set will expand for your future!

- No cubicles! We love the open community collaboration tables.

- We know how to have fun! We have employee events hosted twice a month to keep our fun level at a maximum!

- Did I mention that we have a gym, located near the best restaurants, and have a pantry full of food?

Cons

- As a startup company, we always experience uncertainty (as most companies do). Our collaborative teams are always open for opinions and solutions in maximizing our efforts in fixing any forthcoming issues.

- I wouldn't change anything!

Going Places

I worked at RetailNext full-time

Pros

+Still small, meaning you can have an impact
    +Good team spirit. If you get someone's attention, they will help you
    +Good investment. I really believe Retail Next is going to be successful in the long run and if you're looking to work at a hot startup that's going to look great on the resume, this is it

Cons

-Still small, if you think there's going to be a ton of documentation and guidance, think again
    -Can be political
    -Commute can be brutal if you live in SF

Keep it up. Alexei is the hardest working guy I know.

Immature Company, A lot of growing pains.

I worked at RetailNext full-time

Pros

Salaries are pretty good. Work life balance is ok (depending in what group you are in). There are some hard working people at this company.

Cons

This company has a lot of Immature and/or unprofessional people, and a lot of growing pains. There are many VPs with useless titles, too many high level managers with not enough experience. Leadership and/or direction can be very unclear at times. Business people making too many decisions and not enough technical people in Leadership positions. A lot of Technical debt.

Also its funny there are a bunch of "Amazing" and "Wow" reviews all near the same time from Nov....

Running too fast, not focused on longevity/stability.

Wow!

I have been working at RetailNext full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for technology companies for over ten years and must say that RetailNext is the best place I've worked to so far! It clearly has the most comprehensive vision for its space and is extremely focused on the needs of its clients. From a human capital perspective, the company has a unique ability to attract bright, hard-working, and passionate people. Perhaps some of the best I've encountered in my career. Lastly, the overall culture really does have a family feel. I had a personal emergency not too long after I started -- the genuine outpour of support and concern meant the world to me.

Cons

RetailNext has a very fast paced, dynamic environment. If you’re looking for a company with a “play book,” this may not be the place for you. However, if you like to help write the “play book,” it could be a really good fit.

Keep up the fast pace and hold all departments accountable. Continue to ask “how can we do better?” The sky truly is the limit for RetailNext!

Great Culture, Amazing Experience

I have been working at RetailNext full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RetailNext is a terrific place to add tools to your toolbox. The management really values individual contribution and expects that people are going to do the right (and smart) "thing" no matter your role. The overall culture is based on self-motivation and contribution to the organization's success, so no real vacation policy (take what you want when you want, as long as your work is covered), flexible hours (to a degree) and a ton of opportunity to contribute -even outside of a particular function. Plus the people are great - a terrific mix of new grads, mid-level and more experienced professionals.

Cons

It is very fast paced, and there isn't always someone telling you what to do. If you need a ton of direction, this might not be the place for you. It also moves so fast that sometimes management forgets that the junior members of the team DO need some guidance and direction.

Keep the focus on your customers and your employees.

Exciting, Innovative Family Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RetailNext full-time (less than a year)

Pros

RetailNext offers an extremely unique experience that many other employers simply cannot offer. They have an extremely innovative product (physical retail store analytics), and they are the far and away leaders in a space that has endless opportunity.

Aside from that, the RetailNext culture is best describes as a family environment, where employees are extremely friendly and employees are friends inside and outside of work. RetailNext also allows employees to make an impact that is not only seen internally, but worldwide (our product is all over the world). Upper management also really supports employees with the opportunity to contribute in any way they would like, as well as innovate if they choose.

RetailNext also offers great benefits, and equity (PRE IPO). They have a brand new office in downtown San Jose with amazing views. Also, RetailNext has really flexible with working from home, as well as vacation time.

Cons

The only downside to RetailNext (which I personally don't believe is a "con") is that you have to put in extra hours sometime. With it being the typical start up environment employees need to work longer sometimes, but your ability to make an impact is endless which negates the extra hours.

Never stop giving opportunities to those who deserve it.

Work hard, get very rewarded.

I have been working at RetailNext full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RetailNext has a great culture where everyone's opinion is valued and where hard work is rewarded. The office environment is fun and fast; there is never a time where you find yourself looking at your watch hoping for the day to pass. The company is at the top of it's class in it's space.

Cons

Lots of work. Only a con if you don't like to work hard.

Continue to recognize everyone that contributes as we continue to grow.

RetailNext Photos

The Brand New Office!
RetailNext Company Picnic 2013 Fun!

+ Add Photo