Retensa

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chason P. Hecht

intern experience

Proshave opportunity to work directly with clients

Conscannot get compensation during the intern

Best internship I had

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had several internships before Retensa, and they were definitely the best out of all of them. The people there care about you and that you are growing and learning. I think they gave me the first chance to prove what I could do, and they trusted me to do it. The owner listened to me (as an intern!) and wants everyone to have an opportunity. Everyone that I knew that worked there said that. I told others to apply, and they all worked hard, but had fun (they do contests in the middle of the day!), and learned so so much. Great experience.

ConsMoves really fast, but would be bored if it didn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Good experience, no pay

Senior Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork directly on client projects to understand the nature of OD/HR consulting and to develop tangible skills for your resume. If you work hard and do good work you will be recognized.

ConsYou are overworked and not paid although you are treated like a paid employee. Sometimes the CEO forgets this and pushes interns too hard. The company doesn't have enough full time staff to function effectively and this can sometimes negatively affect interns who don't get enough guidance and can be stuck doing repetitive or simple tasks.

Advice to Senior Management1) pay your interns at least minimum wage, it is illegal for them to do client work and not get paid, and you will see a return on it 2) Invest in more paid staff to support and retain the staff you have now 3) operate with transparency to keep interns from becoming disenheartened

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent experience, great colleagues, and a pleasure to come to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- offered alot of responsibility
    - great training provided
    - autonomy available
    - you can make your time what you want it to be

Cons- it is a small company which provides limited experience in terms of getting experience working in a large orgnaizational setting

A good place to get exprience

Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsRetensa understands what needs to be done to make employees happy.

ConsBecause of their size and a particular personality in management it is difficult to exercise what Retensa knows.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnboarding training could be more thorough.

Good experience, no or very low compensation, fun and friendly culture

OD/Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat client-facing experience in OD consulting. Perfect internship for I/O Psych or HR majors interested in OD consulting. Master's degree interns only.

ConsYou do valuable work for free or almost free. But the experience and learning gained really compensates for that fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pro-activity, some projects are thrown at Associates at the last minute.
    Sometimes it would be good to practice more of what Retensa preaches- in recognition, praise, and appreciation.

Demanding work, good hands-on experience but sometimes unsatisfying

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosinterns are doing "real work" in the sense that they give you a lot of responsibilities just as full-time employees.

Consmy major negativity towards it is the business model of the company: there are more interns than full-time employees in the office. It is good, I guess, for the interns to get a lot of working experience as they are given many projects to work on. But on the other hand it also feels like exploitation of the interns since they are not paid but they are doing jobs that should be done full-time employees.

Don't waste your time - much better opportunities elsewhere in NYC

(Former Employee)

ProsInterns, senior associates, the flexibility with scheduling

ConsUnpaid internships (calling interns "associates" doesn't make up for not compensating them)
    Location - all associates are put together in the same room where it becomes difficult to get work done
    Unorganized in the way work is accomplished which leads to mistakes for paying clients
    Small company - not much room for growth - especially since interns make up half of the company and are coming and going every few weeks - most people have never heard about the company

Advice to Senior Management"Salesmen" type culture comes off as somewhat fake, recognize employees, reassess resources, hire more full time employees

A good place to have hands on experience on organizational development issues

ProsNice working environment (job contents, co-workers)

ConsNeed to possess certain experience to get involved with their core business

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe consider higher compensation to attract more entry-level talents

Worked for Retensa? Contribute to the Community!