Rettew Associates

Updated Mar 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

George Rettew Jr

A Wonderful Company - I Love Working Here!

I have been working at Rettew Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI've been very satisfied working for this company. It's by far the best company I've ever worked for. I believe they care about their clients and employees.

My career has advanced nicely with promotions, and I've received a nice bonus just about every year I've worked here. If someone has the drive and is motivated, there are many opportunites to advance thru the ranks. I also really like the people I work with, and the technical expertise of the staff is amazing. People here are extremely helpful, and there isn't the "it's not my job" attitude I've seen at other companies.

This company has great potential. They're not afraid to try new things, enter new markets, and provide opportunities for employees.

One thing I really like about the company is how they step to the plate and do the right thing when things don't go right. I've worked at other companies where they try to duck responsibility when there's a problem. Not here. This company stands behind its work.

A few years ago, when things were going super well, the company contributed over $100K to their Charitiable Foundation, and that money is given to employee-supported community groups.

I am very happy here and hope it's the place I retire from.

ConsThere have been some growing pains, but they're working through it and making improvements. Difficult decision have been made, but I know it's only done as a last resort. Management does seem to care.

The culture has changed over the past few years, some for the better, but some for the worse. I think management is becoming aware of the areas that changed for the worse, and they seem to be working on improvements. This happens to all growing companies, but this company seems to be aware of it, and I have confidence that this company will change things for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive me another promotion! In all seriousness, keep trying to find ways to provide advancement opportunities for the great people who work so hard here.

Horrible!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rettew Associates full-time for more than a year

ProsIt used to be good until they switched their management style. They switched from an employee driven marketing strategy to a Client Account Manager (CAM) system. Fortunately I was wise enough to jump ship when I did.

ConsFirst the CAM's pretty much interrogated individual employees for their contacts information. The employees were then told they could no longer speak directly with their OWN contacts, that the CAM's would be doing this from now on. Since the clients were not comfortable with these egotistical CAM's, who have no technical knowledge and are pretty much professional smoozers, clients started giving work to competing consulting firms instead. Due to the loss of clients and projects by the CAM's RETTEW started a series of layoffs of the very employees that had brought the work in prior to the switch.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the CAM's they are ruining the company and everyone can see that.

Do you like work 60+ hours per week with no recognition. Then this is the place for you.

I have been working at Rettew Associates full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork for the company that makes money hand over fist. You'll be allowed to do whatever you want, until someone figures out you're doing it and decides to steal your idea or make you a scapegoat. You should be lucky they allow you to work here, as long as you don't mind never seeing your family. Family atmosphere.... are you kidding? Both the company picnic and holiday party were eliminated last year, due to the MASSIVE layoffs. Are there even 200-250 people left?

ConsIf you are looking for a fraternity hazing atmosphere, where you can work hard so other people don't have to - then apply for a job HERE. There is NO, repeat NO, long term commitment to your career. You are replaceable and expendable. You will not be able to disconnect from this place. You will be on 24/7. You'll get a HUGE 3 figure bonus (no zeros on that). AND, sexual harassment and discrimination are OK, depending on who you are. Hitched the wagon to the Oil & Gas industry in Pennsylvania and are now chasing the wagon into Ohio and elsewhere; unfortunately, the wagon is in the ditch. No commitment to the community on a corporate level, any community involvement is a direct result of individual employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe it's time for a little internal reflection. How greedy do you need to be? The 3.3 multiplier was excessive..... How do the clients feel about the 3.7? It's probably OK as long as they get to go out for $1000 dinners, and fishing and hunting trips. Let's discuss culture and values. Culture=GREED. Values=ZERO. The upper management doesn't leave their ivory tower in Lancaster and has surrounded themselves with yes men, as we've seen, anyone with a dissenting opinion is fired. Can't wyou handle the truth? No, no you can't.

Worked for Rettew Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rettew Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rettew Associates CEO George Rettew Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Rettew Associates employees.