Revana Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
2.6

Revana President and General Manager Judi Hand
Judi Hand

Pros
  • Good benefits especially health (in 4 reviews)

• Most people that work there are laid back and really cool individuals (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Company has evolved into a modern day slave labor call center (in 8 reviews)

• Commission is going down and base pay is not very good to start (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work when it was Direct Alliance

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Revana full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Even a better place to work when Insight owned it. I worked in the Lenovo program for years when it was dissolved. That and IBM were the last good paying jobs there. We had good pay and a fun atmosphere with reasonable goals. I was on a good solid base plus comm. Managers all were cool. Teletech came in and kind of turned things upside down. eventually we lost the contract and we saw more and more entry level positions coming in working for low paying contracts like United Health. It all went downhill when Lenovo left. They had covered parking. an onsite concierge for fresh coffee, snacks, etc.. Lots of contests and giveaways. President clubs trips. Now as of 2014, no position there pays much more than $12/hr plus small commission (which they call lucrative in their job postings). Many of their programs are entry level low paying consumer geared. I have to say though there were good times here. I miss the old DAC crew. Now as of 2014 if you are ok with making $12 or so an hr plus a few hundred bucks in commission you may like working here.

Cons

The contract you are working for can be dissolved at any time and you can be out of a job. Some of the programs in here really really suck and its mostly a boiler room now. Find out what program you will be in and if its Charter or Google, be afraid. Be very afraid. Research the program and find out who is the manager there. A couple managers were total losers, and did nothing to mentor or encourage at all. How they got their jobs is unknown.

Take a leaf out of DAC's book. bring some of the old DAC values back. I actually miss this place remember the good old days where money was made and fun was had.

Disappointing

Current Employee - B2B Sales Consultant  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Revana full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are alright for entry level. New employees can accrue up to eight hours of paid time off every month after their first thirty days. It's great for people that want stability and don't want to put in the effort to better themselves professionally.

Cons

I left Revana after working in a pilot program for nine months. My new opportunity didn't work out, so I went back to Revana under a new program since my former one was shut down. After a few days there, I had to leave. The company doesn't put in practices to retain top performers. The pay is on the very low end of the scale for sales, the "commissions" are just bonuses that come from a pool. The culture on the sales floor is toxic to me. There just aren't any high performers there, people with a solid GPA, or any desire to succeed.

If you want to keep top talent, improve the pay, the commissions, and the culture. It's a call center, and by nature call centers are just unexciting places to work at. There are no sales reps earning over $40-50k a year. The path to career advancement is too slow. I excelled in my original program to where I won Platinum Club one month, and was a constant runner up. When I tried moving up in the company, the path to progress took too long. I have a solid resume, a great GPA, and I took the time to differentiate myself from my peers, and in the end I wasn't rewarded for my efforts to try and succeed in the company.

Fine for what it is. Facebook advertising sales via Revana.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Revana full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual dress. Reasonable sales and productivity metrics. Pleasant and helpful co-workers.

Cons

Relatively low pay. Noisy and crowded work environment. Managers who would rather just be left alone. Really, this company functions more as a place for an interim job than a career. Basically, if you show up, meet your metrics, and don't make waves you'll be fine. Not a place for creativity or imagination or to bring a long term perspective or commitment. My only rather tepid complaint about the place is the managers who were just not very competent. Not that they were all that difficult, or demanding, or hard to work with. Just that they were more babysitters than real sales managers. Little training or helpful advice or anything positive. Just there to enforce the rules. You always got the impression their attitude was "don't make my job harder and I'll do the same for you." Somewhat understandable as the turnover is so high I don't think they see much sense in putting a lot of effort into individual employees. Don't think anyone I met on the sales side of things had been there a whole year.
    The one exception to my rather neutral opinion of the mangers was the guy who kind of ran the whole sales floor. He struck me as an arrogant "a!?hole" who had way too high an opinion of himself and his management abilities. Always telling people how he "didn't want to have to repeat himself" and various other "General Patton type" phrases. You know you have a bad manager when they threaten rather than educate.

Hire someone to run the floor who is a true professional.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful

Current Employee - Support Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Support Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Revana full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed helping customers on the phone

Cons

Call Center Very Numbers Oriented

Be more positive with employess

Decent for a call center

I worked at Revana

Pros

- A lot of departments to move around to
    - Good benefits and pay (last time I was there I was accruing close to 1 day PTO every paycheck)
    - A good place to get your feet wet in the sales environment
    - I gained a lot of technical experience here

Cons

- Management was alright, but it varied depending on the department you were in
    - Office politics, not a lot of support
    - They hired just about anybody, there were some people there that should not be in an office
       environment
    - They sometimes house really questionable companies that expect you to hit ridiculous quotas
    - Training was sometimes rushed and not very effective
    - Some of the calls I got were really bad

The only advice I really have is to pay more attention to your reps and listen to them. It also seemed that there were many reps who made their sells through misleading the customer, which I never understood or felt comfortable doing. I feel you should nurture an environment where sales are made by people who understand the product and the target audience they are selling to.

Web Chat Rep

I worked at Revana

Pros

Relaxed working environment. Don't have to worry about supervisors breathing down your neck. If you are a self-starter you can be successful. Most people that work there are laid back and really cool individuals. Supervisors and team leads are pretty helpful.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. The pay is low and you will never see a raise.

Revana

Former Employee - Web Chat Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Web Chat Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Revana full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxing place to work with chill people. If your in the call center it is more hectic but the internet sales division is nice.

Cons

Pay sucks and not much room for career growth.

Gone are the days of a "lucrative" commission structure

Former Employee - Google Adwords Account Manager  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Google Adwords Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Revana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is better than not having a job at all. Benefits are okay. Pay scale is about $10 to $13 per hour, and comission has been maxed out at just above $300 per month (which is why many of the people who used to work there have quit). If you get the right manager, it can also be a friendly environment.

Cons

Lots of micromanagers, food services were destroyed by a corporated "company kitchen" that costs twice as much for old nasty food, and commission is almost non-existant.
    They don't acknowledge loyalty - everyone is disposeable. They won't even give you a pat on the back for serving them for over 1, 5 or 10 years.
    The last thing they told me was "we know you work hard, but we simply can't pay you what you were promised when you were hired." And that is when a bunch of people quit, and why they are always hiring.

Stop trying to sugar-coat the fact that your employees are not being compensated fairly for their hard work. Lay down the hammer on those "Platinm Club" performers who pad their numbers with their list of non-working phone numbers and steal most of the already anemic commission bucket.
    P.S. - The Fish Philosophy is to help people in unsavory working conditions to find a way to enjoy it, not a means to rob your employees out of commissions by giving them stickers, candybars and a half hour of PTO for bringing in tens of thousands of revenue dollars.

You are just a number than can be replaced in a snap

Former Employee - Manager, Sales Delivery  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager, Sales Delivery in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Revana full-time for less than a year

Pros

Food truck
    Monday through Friday work week

Cons

Director and managers that lie. If you are not one of them you will have a very short career. Never question anything. HR or they call human capital, leadership is laughable. So deep in the director and sr manager pockets they will never believe the employee even if the conversations proving everything is recorded. I watched that happen with 2 employees since we are witness employee vs manager he said she said bs.

Nothing. They wont listen.

Corporate greed at its finest!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Revana full-time for more than a year

Pros

An easy job only if you are in a desperate position to get a job.

Cons

Company has evolved into a modern day slave labor call center. From taking away commissions owed to sales staff, to supervisor/management clicks who would rather give attitude than to help or provide support to staff. Watch out for the sly and punishing tactics as well from supervisors/managers. Overtime this company has reduced their commisions/overhead costs tremendously to fatten their wallets, while employees cannot hardly afford anything beyond their living expenses. Better get Nutrition Assistance if you are a single parent, as I'm sure the company is relying on our government and tax funded programs to feed your children. They've created a revolving door willing to pay cheap short time labor and a toxic culture.

There's no advice to the machine they've created here. Revana knows exactly what they are doing.

Revana Photos

office
Revana - Tempe, AZ
Revana

+ Add Photo

Worked for Revana? Contribute to the Community!