Reveal MedSpa

3.4

Paul Amoruso

Overall, A Great Place to work

I worked at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

I enjoyed my time working for Reveal. Management is very professional and supportive and they do watch your progress and monitor your productivity so they can coach you and to ensure you are succeeding and happy. They may be a small company but communicate professionally and have policies in place like a large organization. They seem to have a strong cuclture with safety and client service always being their #1 priority - which is important for any MedSpa company. Because it is a small private company, the owners are very "hands-on". They were very visible and accessible supporting the centers even on weekends.
    With any sales position, if you are not successful, you are not happy and many people are quick to blame their manager or upper management or whatever or whomever for their failures instead of looking at themselves. "If it's not a good fit, it's not a good fit" and then it's good that you have moved on. To work here, you have to be sales driven, you have to have a spirit to serve and help people and you have to be smart... I say this because I have unfortunately seen some, not all but some "not so bright" ones come through, get hired and then quit or get fired in a very short amount of time.

Cons

The company has medical benefits but the monthly was too high for me so I opted to get my own health insurance. Hours and weekend shifts can seem long but if you enjoy what you do and you are driven to succeed and make money, then it will NOT seem that way.

Thank GOD, I'm out!

I worked at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

Some Fabulous co-workers. Free or discounted products and services, however, never any time to take advantage of said services based on business needs.

I must admit that this company USED to be a fabulous place to work, and they look great on paper.

Cons

Commission Structure poor, expectation of extremely long hours, practically unattainable goals, unlawful HR practices, horrible benefits, SOME very catty-clique women, management chosen on schmoozing basis, as opposed to merit.

Paychecks bounced, Management cares little for anyone and just hires on new employees instead of actually valuing the ones they have. Very obvious that management cares only for bottom dollar line and squeezing everything they can from each employee.

HUGE turnover: Anyone who is worth anything quits because they can't tolerate the lack of professionalism and down right shoddy way they are treated.

Take shame

Excellent place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

Great staff, great management and owners. Pay is very competitive! And a good opportunity to get into the business and work in a beautiful environment. I worked there almost 5 years and loved every minute of it! You get what you put into it, so the harder you work, the more you get back and the managment recognizes it's staff that have good work ethich and attitudes.

Cons

You need to be okay with working on Saturdays, but then you get a day off during the week.

Unique industry always provides opportunties to learn new skills.

I have been working at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

Great co workers, very team oriented environment. Treatments are a great perk. Flexible business hours allows for time off on week days. The company is always looking at new services to offer the clients, which is exciting. They company really cares about clients having good results.

Cons

Computer system can be hard to work with. If you are not used to working evenings and weekends that can be hard at first, but it is nice to have days off during the week.

Spend more time in the centers so that you can develop relationships with all levels of staff. Many staff would appreciate having direct deposit.

Enjoy working here!

I have been working at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

The people by far!!! Everyone is very friendly, helpful and very "team" oriented.

I have held several sales positions in the past both B2B and B2C, but Reveal has the best commission plan I have seen yet. The hours can be long(50-55), but in any true sales role you have to put in hours to reap the benefits. I also like the fact that we are always adding new treatments and procedures. I feel that this gives us a huge advantage against our competitors.

Cons

Reveal needs to offer better health benefits and consider adding more body areas than the standard four for the free treatments.

Managers should make time to get to know their employees and help develop them. Very few people have experience working in this industry, so the learning curve might be a little longer for some.

Very unique opportunity in a growing industry.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager - Operations in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager - Operations in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

This small business environment provides an opportunity for you to really make a difference within the company and carve out your own nitch. Reveal has an oustanding training program (2+weeks, more for clinicial training), which enables you to learn and relay their messaging with confidence. The leadership is accessible, and do in fact lend a hand "on the front line". They understand the day to day operations, struggles, and successes and are constantly trying to make improvments in policy and process to make Reveal the best it can be. Reveal is on the cutting edge of medical aesthetic technology, and introduces advancements and new products and services regularly to their members. Reveal really is the BEST in the DC area in terms of their unique and growing industry. They take their commitment to providing safe and effective treatments and top notch customer service very seriously. Reveal expects ALOT from their employees; strong Type A personalities will do well. If you are not self motivated, positive, extremely hard working, flexible, and energetic, you should look elsewhere. In this economy, however, if you do not meet the above criteria, you will soon be pushed out by someone else who does. Employees are a dime a dozen these days and, I for one, am grateful to have a job and delighted to have a good one at REVEAL.

Cons

Many locations spread over the metro area, so be prepared to travel during training. Smaller Centers require a serious commitment and well thought out leave, due to lack of coverage. Not great traditional benefits, especially for people with families, but unusual perks like free and discounted products and services are fun!

I'm very impressed that given the cutbacks the general public is making on luxury purchases, such as cosmetic procedures, Reveal has managed to keep its head above water by making smart choices and using innovative tactics. Continue to reward those who are truly loyal to you and give 100% of themselves to further Reveal's goals.

Reveal is a great place to work

Current Employee - Surgical Advisor in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Surgical Advisor in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

Pros: Training is very detailed. Friendly and positive work environment. Management is great! All the employees at reveal are just a pleasure to work with . Everyone is very supportive of you and is very happy for you on your accomplishments. It�s definitely a team work environment!

Cons

Cons: the company doesnt offer direct deposit

Keep what your doing!

A company that recognizes your strengths!

I have been working at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

I started my career with Reveal in sales, which I truly enjoyed. It was great to learn about the services that Reveal offers, to meet some our members and to understand how the centers operate. I now work at HQ, after Reveal recognized that due to past experiences, I have a skill set to work in a different capacity. I really benefited from working in the center, and I am excited about the direction that this path is taking me. I enjoy coming to work, and I appreciate the fact that I have been given the opportunity to learn something new and exciting. My boss is great! She is the perfect balance of 'hands-on'/'hands-off' and is very supportive.

Cons

I agree with some of the responses already posted. 401k, direct deposit...

Continue to listen and learn from the feedback of your staff! It's exciting to work for a company that can enhance peoples lives!

Must enjoy being on the phone and showing off your personally

I have been working at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

Since I started everyone here has been very friendly and the atomsphere is very calm and DRAMA FREE. Like any Job, as long as you do what you are hired to do, there is no worries. You have your own work space, flexible schedule, PTO times, free treatments/discounts, Great Training program and bonus plans, In company advancements, and Contests. When I have questions, I feel so comfortable to ask anyone, which is very important. When I need help, no matter the dept, someone is always there to help. There is one word I can say about working here is TEAMWORK! Everyone helps one another and the communitation to me is good. If somethings wrong, it is address to help make the job easier and stress free.

Cons

Well the benefits is a little expensive, no 401K, or direct deposit!

Overall, Management is great, Keep up the good work. Just recognize more those who really work hard and stay later than their scheduled time and comes in on their day off to make sure that Reveal ends the day/month great with every efford we have!

Enjoy working here!

I have been working at Reveal MedSpa

Pros

Leader in the aesthetics industry. Thorough training program on all aspects of the company. Opportunities for growth and development. You are supported by management and given regular performance feedback. Once hired you are eligible for free treatments and generous discounts on services and products. Company is dedicated to providing exceptional service and strives to provide best experience possible for clientele. Many dedicated employees and awesome people to work with!

Cons

Wish they had better benefits.

Continue to develop better communication throughout company.