Revel Consulting

Revel Consulting Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Revel Consulting CEO Vikas Kamran

Vikas Kamran

Pros:
  • "they are understanding about having a work/life balance"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Boutique firm/smaller company so more opportunity to make an impact"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "The company is growing at such a rapid pace that sometimes there are informational gaps between leadership and associates"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Work/Life balance - worked past 12am some nights"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Local consulting firm flips business model on head.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsRevel leadership encourages autonomy and individual mastery. With it's smaller footprint, low overhead, and well structured organizational model (read: not top heavy), Revel employees can really become a partner with their clients. Ownership of the relationship isn't left for top level executives, but rather a responsibility of everyone to continue to cultivate. We are taught to be ourselves and to do what's best for the client even at the risk of sacrificing new revenue.

The smaller size allows the company to be nimble and you can see how your individual contributions effect the bottom line. Due to the fact that there is so much to be done both for our clients and internally, you can have the opportunity to get involved in as many areas of the business, beyond delivering a project.

ConsAgain, a smaller firm means one often has to wear multiple "hats" which may not be desireable for some. Additionally, the low overhead model doesn't support a robust training program and expects individuals will look to outside resources and depend on project experience to gain those new skillsets.

Cultivating the entrepreneurial spirit

Kirkland, WA

Pros- high caliber professionals from Big 4 and consulting firms
    - ability to make impact on culture and environment immediately
    - professionals function with an entrepreneurial spirit
    - rapid growth represents healthy business
    - fun place to work in and out of the office

Cons- small start-up environment does not enable much training for the less-experienced
    - not a good place for people who need lots of structure

YOU shape your career here

Associate (Current Employee)
    Kirkland, WA

ProsRevel as a firm has come a long ways from when it initially began, everything from it's consultants, leadership and clients are changing and evolving for the better. You are constantly told that you drive your career here and it is very true. Revel is a flat and lean organization without multiple layers of management that one would need to climb up to in order to share a thought or initiative that would be beneficial for a practice/division within the firm. The entrepreneurial and collaborative culture at Revel is what inspires me the most; knowing that anyone, no matter their title/capacity is empowered to have an impact is extremely encouraging.

ConsRevel is constantly solidifying processes and trying to better the firm; if someone is uncomfortable with change then this may not be a great place for them. Leadership here is focused on evolving and bettering the organization on a regular basis which requires change.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic Company Culture

Kirkland, WA

ProsRevel hires top talent and supports your personal and professional growth. The company promotes an entrepreneurial spirit. They are always striving to improve themselves as well as their clients. The attitude is not can it get done, but how can it get done. Revel has a collaborative environment and encourages new ideas, knowledge sharing, and thinking outside the box.

ConsRevel does not have a company 401k match at this time, but the rest of the benefits are very good.

Inspiring place to work - with growing pains.

Kirkland, WA

ProsHigh energy, dynamic environment, collaborative colleagues, great wide-open opportunities. Create your own future. See the impact of one's work.

ConsLack of complete alignment on organization's strategy. CEO's passion and energy is well-intended, but can feel erratic and can be very intense. Need to continue diversifying client base.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage based on facts and data and rely less on emotions. Allow people more freedom to experiment and learn from failure.

Career Changing Opportunity

Kirkland, WA

ProsRevel is a place where you really can take your career into your own hands and excel. They provide opportunity, support and encouragement to help you grow professionally an personally. It also has a vibrant culture of hardworking, dedicated, smart professionals who are committed to growing their own careers as well as taking the company to new heights. It's an inspiring and energetic place to work and learn. I highly recommend Revel to anyone who is looking for a small, but growing organization where they can make an impact. This is also a great place for those that are entrepreneurs at heart, as the pace and vision supports new ideas and ways of cultivating business.

ConsAll of the attributes that make Revel an amazing place to work can also present challenges. In order to excel here, you must be extremely self motivated and proactive. The opportunity is limitless, but you have to take it (it won't be handed to you). This can be challenging if you are used to working in a larger organization with a lot of process and barriers in place, but once you learn how to operate here it really opens a lot of doors for you. Revel is extremely fast paced and fluid... so those that are comfortable in that environment are typically more successful here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat vision and mission and moving in a positive direction. I think we need to look at the management structure and make sure we have the right resources in place to get to the next level.

Revel's PURE consulting allows me to focus what matters: solving clients problems and developing my own person brand.

Seattle, WA

ProsBecause of the transformational work Revel consistently lands, I get to work on some of the most exciting problems facing Fortune 500 companies, which ultimately gives me the sense of purpose and accomplishment that I look for in every aspect of my life.

Revel's many personal and professional development programs also ensure that I'm equiped with the valuable skills necessary to not only help solve the aforementioned problems, but also differentiate myself in a increasingly competitive pool of talented business professionals.

Finally, Revel's PURE Consulting model gives me the sense of autonomy and work/life balance necessary for me to focus on deliving value to my client and leverage the entrepreneurial mindset that brought me into consulting in the first place.

ConsThe double-edged sword of the PURE Consulting model allows me to sometime overextend myself and take on too much non-core work.

Because it's a smaller consultancy, Revel doesn't always have prebuilt IP for me to use (however, the roster of experienced consultants that I have to leverage makes it easy to co-create what I need)

Advice to Senior ManagementOutside of building more from the bottom up, my only advice is to keep up the consistant drive to increase the viewpoint of Revel as a forward-looking thought-leader in the consulting space.

Great People & Great Place to Work

Associate (Current Employee)
    Kirkland, WA

ProsBottom line, this company has really great people working here and it's such a pleasure to work around such smart, driven, and goodhearted professionals.

Pro's:
    * Good work-life balance
    * Environment rewards those who work hard and Revel gives plenty of opportunity for professional growth
    * Strong company values permeate the environment
    * The company is constantly looking forward and wants to improve upon itself
    * Very little office politics

ConsThe health benefits could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more competitive benefits, as the rest of the company aspects are fantastic.

Great firm that is continuously evolving

Bellevue, WA

ProsThe one word that I would use to describe Revel is entrepreneurial. If you talk to employees, especially new hires, they will describe the unlimited opportunities to follow their passions and positively influence the direction of the firm. Outside of client work, consultants can get involved in the community through the Sustainable Giving campaign and also to develop internal initiatives. If you have an idea, the leadership team will not only support you, but push you to follow act upon it. The opportunities for career growth and development are unlimited.

ConsRevel move fast. While in the majority of circumstances this is a positive, at times it is necessary to step back and ensure the foundation is in place (e.g. standardize business development and recruiting processes). With that said, that isn't so much a con as a sign of growth and an opportunity for the leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the positive momentum alive! Over the past 12 months, there's been a marked improvement in both supply (incredibly smart and talented consultants) as well as demand (exciting opportunities at many local companies). Continue to allow consultants to take on responsibility and fail fast, so that they can learn and grow. The mission and vision are clear. Next up: Disseminate next steps across the entire company to ensure the continued growth and success of the firm.

Dynamic, fast-paced learning environment

West Seattle, WA

Pros-Great group of smart and hard-working people
    -Opportunity to make a significant impact
    -Challenging, constantly evolving environment provides variety, excitement, and fulfillment

Cons-Must be able to work well in an ambiguous environment and "figure things out" along the way
    -Those needing a high degree of structure and oversight may flounder due to the combination of autonomy and high expectations

Advice to Senior Management-Leadership has a great vision, and should continue on current course.

Worked for Revel Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Revel Consulting Videos

Revel Consulting – Why Work for Us?

AT THE CORE OF EVERY REVEL ASSOCIATE, YOU’LL FIND AN ENTREPRENEUR. At Revel, we practice PURE Consulting—the refined form of consulting that reduces barriers between great minds and great opportunities. Our platform… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Revel Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Revel Consulting CEO Vikas Kamran. All 61 reviews posted anonymously by Revel Consulting employees.