Revel Consulting

Updated Mar 12, 2014

Revel Consulting CEO Vikas Kamran

Vikas Kamran

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Creative environment for the aspiring consultant

Senior Associate Consultant (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThere are many career opportunities and management encourages its people to pursue their interests. Great collaborative environment with exciting possibilities and talent.

ConsThis free-spirit environment may not fit with those who are used to a lot of structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to assign structure where necessary to benefit the overall experience

Revel has allowed me to sculp my career by means of my own personal aspirations; a truly rewarding experience.

Associate (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThe level of autonomy has allowed me to drive my own career, while still providing me client work with some of the best in their respective industries. At the same time, Revel provides opportunities outside of client work that enables me to expand the way I think and work with others.

ConsThe level of autonomy can scare away some, as it is truly up to you to drive your career success. Revel puts up guardrails, but there is a great deal of ambiguity that can be daunting.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look for ways to reward your employees for exploring personal interests and hobbies. By doing so, Revel can continue to strike a work life balance that is conducive to a happy, productive individual.

Be an entrepreneur & a management consultant

Senior Associate Consultant (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThis is a company that is growing quickly and so you have the chance to both build a business and do very practical consulting. When clients are being expected to respond quicker than ever they look to consultants to be agile, prototype solutions, fail fast and then get to the answer. Revel realizes this and has got rid of the old hierarchical structure and tick box consulting methods to zero in on what needs to be done. The consultants are whip smart but not caught up in ego and competitive ratings - it's about sharing knowledge, growing professionally and personally.....oh and by the way - clients love the refreshing approach. The exciting thing is that Revel is just at the beginning of continued growth because they have identified a way of operating and niche in the market that is sorely lacking. If you want detailed guidelines, specific methodologies and templates Revel is not the place. However if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and like collaborating....it's a great ride!

ConsAs an evolving business some of the systems and processes are still being formed. This means you get to have real input in shaping them but sometimes under time pressure it would be nice to have an established process to fall back on. Of course the fact that everything is not mapped out clearly and defined is also one of the main pros!

Advice to Senior ManagementRevel is revolutionary in the way it is organized, serves clients and encourages entrepreneurialism. The seeds are there to ALSO be revolutionary in terms of treating people as well rounded individuals and building a sense of community that is not underpinned by the 'pay check' but rather connection, collaboration and growth - requires continued commitment and priority focus even amidst the rapid expansion.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Local consulting firm flips business model on head.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsRevel leadership encourages autonomy and individual mastery. With it's smaller footprint, low overhead, and well structured organizational model (read: not top heavy), Revel employees can really become a partner with their clients. Ownership of the relationship isn't left for top level executives, but rather a responsibility of everyone to continue to cultivate. We are taught to be ourselves and to do what's best for the client even at the risk of sacrificing new revenue.

The smaller size allows the company to be nimble and you can see how your individual contributions effect the bottom line. Due to the fact that there is so much to be done both for our clients and internally, you can have the opportunity to get involved in as many areas of the business, beyond delivering a project.

ConsAgain, a smaller firm means one often has to wear multiple "hats" which may not be desireable for some. Additionally, the low overhead model doesn't support a robust training program and expects individuals will look to outside resources and depend on project experience to gain those new skillsets.

Revel's PURE consulting allows me to focus what matters: solving clients problems and developing my own person brand.

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsBecause of the transformational work Revel consistently lands, I get to work on some of the most exciting problems facing Fortune 500 companies, which ultimately gives me the sense of purpose and accomplishment that I look for in every aspect of my life.

Revel's many personal and professional development programs also ensure that I'm equiped with the valuable skills necessary to not only help solve the aforementioned problems, but also differentiate myself in a increasingly competitive pool of talented business professionals.

Finally, Revel's PURE Consulting model gives me the sense of autonomy and work/life balance necessary for me to focus on deliving value to my client and leverage the entrepreneurial mindset that brought me into consulting in the first place.

ConsThe double-edged sword of the PURE Consulting model allows me to sometime overextend myself and take on too much non-core work.

Because it's a smaller consultancy, Revel doesn't always have prebuilt IP for me to use (however, the roster of experienced consultants that I have to leverage makes it easy to co-create what I need)

Advice to Senior ManagementOutside of building more from the bottom up, my only advice is to keep up the consistant drive to increase the viewpoint of Revel as a forward-looking thought-leader in the consulting space.

Entrepreneurial Spirit and Fast Paced - Great Company for High Achievers

Associate (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThe company has great energy and they push their associates to reach their full potential. Things move quickly, you have to be flexible and ready to go, which is something I love about the company. Leadership is very involved and you can really develop your career here as much as you'd like - if you're looking for more work/life balance, their PURE consulting model will fit you perfectly. If you're looking for horizontal and vertical growth, you can set those goals and plans with your manager and they will help you get there. The people are fun, non-competitive, and they're big on collaboration.

ConsThey have high expectations and standards. The type of people they hire thrive in this environment. If you're looking to be coddled, this won't be the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to be involved with your employees' development. Your feedback, both formal and informal, is always appreciated.

Opportunities Galore. If you want them!

(Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsRevel is small enough that there is plenty of opportunity and visibility to senior leadership. Compensation is great. What's great about Revel is that it allows its employees to be super involved and grow their career or if one just wants to do their 9-5 and not be bothered with the rest, they can do that. The firm is expanding and growing quickly, so there's plenty of opportunity to execute on your ambitions.

ConsLimited types of engagements. Mostly local work here in the Northwest. Sometimes feel a little disconnected from the office when on the bench.

A PURE Business Consulting Firm

Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsSolid focus on business consulting as a opposed to a tech, hybrid or staff consulting firms. An under served piece of the consulting marketplace.
    The firm growth is through attracting experienced, smart and accomplished management consultants.
    Excellent competencies in Strategy, Sales/Marketing, Program/Project, Process, Product and Change management.
    Current industry verticals High Tech, Communications are very strong with significant work being performed in Travel, Financial, Online Commerce industries.
    While fast growing, Revel has added a great elastic infrastructure of support.
    The leaders including myself... by an large come from 'Blue" chip management consulting roots.
    Salaries are slightly below the market but Income is great...there are ways to improve your economic value.
    The firm is rapidly growing but is profitable as well, Revel has very good financial management.

ConsCompany is growing faster than its culture or said another way the culture is constantly evolving.
    There is no clear vertical career path but many horizontial career opportunitiies.
    No real margin visability. Easy to sell work (great consulting) hard to know if it is improving profitabilty.
    Many talented hard working consultants but difficult to collaborate and learn from each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the steady hand on the financial mangement wheel
    Improve business visibilty
    Improve learniing collaboration across peer groups
    More women in the firm and management team

Worked for Revel Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Revel Consulting Videos

Revel Consulting – Why Work for Us?

AT THE CORE OF EVERY REVEL ASSOCIATE, YOU’LL FIND AN ENTREPRENEUR. At Revel, we practice PURE Consulting—the refined form of consulting that reduces barriers between great minds and great opportunities. Our platform… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Revel Consulting reviews and ratings in Seattle, WA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Revel Consulting CEO Vikas Kamran. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Revel Consulting employees.