Revel Entertainment

Jeffrey Hartmann

Mid-level manager

Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Atlantic City, NJ

Pros

Great benefits, beautiful facility, unbelievable employee dining room

Cons

Company is struggling to develop their customer gaming base.

Quit trying to be the high-priced resort and realize that Atlantic City is a dying town and that the gaming industry is going in the toilet. You were a great idea...but you were built in the wrong city at the wrong time.

The Management team was inexperienced in the casino industry and tried to run it as a resort/spa, it's a CASINO!

Former Employee - Casino Dealer  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Casino Dealer in Atlantic City, NJ

Pros

The property is beautiful. The food in the EDR was EXCEPTIONAL! and free. Most of co-workers were friendly, save a few that slipped through the hiring process.

Cons

The scheduling was awful. I was hardly placed in the game where I had the most expertise (Craps) and placed in my weaker games (baccarat & BJ) The management team was unorganized and picky about silly things and turned a blind eye to blatant out of procedure moves by the dealers. Chaotic place to work. Didn't stay long.

I was going to give my expert advice when I worked there since I had more experience than most of them, but chose to leave instead so I will continue to remain silent as to what they are doing wrong. I don't have the time nor the space to deliver a full blown lesson plan on how to run their casino in the black (even though I am full capable). I can't comment on the new CEO (Jeffrey Hartmann) because he wasn't the CEO when I worked there but since the place is tanking, I'm going assume he isn't any better.

Brand New Car Without Steering Wheel

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlantic City, NJ

Pros

Open twenty four hours. Amazing non Revel restaurants, bars, and clubs. Benefits are OK for single persons. Free Wi-Fi.

Cons

Lack of transparency for employees; very "ivory tower-esque." Leadership indecisiveness and real leaders few and far between. Lack of experience recognition.

Let someone else do your job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You can't be something your not

Former Employee - Casino Dealer
    Former Employee - Casino Dealer

Pros

They have PTO TIME , beautiful property , great restaurants , parking for employees, shows ,

Cons

Employees must get dressed at work and can not take home uniforms. Uniforms smell and are never really "cleaned". Garment bags are near other peoples stuff, seen bed bugs and roaches that people have brought in from home. Benefits are costly if you want to insure your family , it's almost the cost of a mortgage per month.

Let's get real! You will never be nothing more than another casino, your NOT upscale , your uptight. You walk around like your better than everyone else , and your just a wash up that left another run down casino to open up that joint.

Up and down

Current Employee - Cook  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Cook in Atlantic City, NJ

Pros

Offer good insurance, if you opt out of insurance they pay you a stipend. Beautiful property, has potential if they start over. Free parking for employees

Cons

Lowest pay for casino workers in AC, no raises, constant threat of job loss. Upper management drove this place into the ground. Essentially the next Atlantic Club.

Sell to an established company and get rid of the union that workers were bullied into voting for

Needs new management team

Pros

Nice people, beautiful building, great locatio

Cons

The management team - too many lies

You've made too many mistakes, screwed too many people especially the employees
    Sell to an established company who knows how to run a casino / hotel business

Don't work at Revel - It's worse than you could ever imagine.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Pros

The architecture and design of the property are beautiful.

Cons

Revel cuts corners anywhere they can to keep from spending money on employees. The employee food is cheap and often "recycled" so there have been many instances of employees getting sick from the cafeteria. They shut down escalators and electric doors to save money and ask employees to wash their own uniforms. They even took away our cafeteria trays to save money. Revel passes these policies off as "going green" but most employees feel it is because they are bankrupt.

Revel cuts hours mercilessly and if you complain they often cut your hours more. Managers are often rude and condescending. The policies feel disrespectful such as requiring workers to call a supervisor when you need to use the restroom. There is no consideration for past experience either professional or educational. I have my college degree and years of experience but I was just another number and considered entry level.

Middle management is made up of 20 somethings that have little to no experience but dress really trendy. This seems to be Revel's effort to create a brand image. The supervisors regularly violate policies concerning privacy, information, break times, confidentiality, harassment and equal opportunity.

Revel receives a kick back from the government to hire convicted felons. I am not used to associating with these types and often felt unsafe in the dressing room. Anyone who is honest and hardworking does not deserve to be at Revel.

Employees are your most important customer and for better or worse your brand ambassadors.

Dont work here

Current Employee - Security
    Current Employee - Security

Pros

free lunch and parking, thats it

Cons

- They lure you into the whole we care nonsense but as soon as you get comfortable they smack you with how they really are
    - No promised bonuses, NO raises in the 2 years I worked there (during construction)
    - Theres no room for advancement unless you're part of the management inner circle.
    - The security department is a dumping ground for the layoffs from others, ( example: The director of EVS/janitors was laid off due to cuts was basically moved to security as a manager with no security experienced and no first aid background which was demonstrated when a person went into diabetic shock and he refused to give them orange juice.)
    - They made us train new hires and in turn cut our hours and replaced us with the new hires that we trained! They basically gave us the knife to slit our own throats! And another kick in the butt is that they hired them at higher pay, enough said.
    - Management doesn't care if you're doing your daily checks only if you have your hand in your pockets.
    - The entire place is completely unsecured and completely vulnerable but management doesn't care, they only care if we're talking to others or hands in our pockets or if we're leaning.
    - Management will sit in the employee eating area just to see if anyone takes extra time on their breaks when they in turn will sit there with their inner circle of buddies for hours at a time.
    - No 401k, horrible "benefits"

Lay them all off

Beautiful property - Poor business decisions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Pros

Beautiful property. Pay slightly better or comparable to other AC properties. The gourmet restaurants are very good. Occasional employee discounts to shows in Ovation Hall that are reasonably priced.

Cons

No raises or bonuses. Very weak benefits, especially for a family. No 401k match. Little job security. In many positions, the employees need to re-apply after 4 years.

Communicate more with the employees about changes within the company.

I was so excited to get my job, now I am afraid of losing it due to financial problems

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Pros

I love the people I work with... everyone is so nice. Everyone is willing to help each other. The property is beautiful. Ovation hall is the best venue in AC to see a show.

Cons

The company is financial unstable and there is no room for growth.

Listen to the professionals. They really do know what is happening and have soem great ideas.

Worked for Revel Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!